Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. T

'64 Flyer

I bought this Western Flyer a couple of months ago. Here's a couple of cool shots:
  2. T

Question: Peanut Butter Odor... NO KIDDING!

Old, fairly complete, Huffy cruiser -- brought home for a song! I immediately noticed lots of water leaking out around the front assembly when loading it in the trunk. I later discovered the front fork was filled with rain water. As I continued working with the bike, I began noticing an odd...
  3. T

Question: Removing Fender Brace Rivets...

... without damaging fenders? My impulse go-to is mallet and flathead screwdriver. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  4. T

Post photos of bikes in kitchens here:

It just seems like a strange place for a bike to be.
  5. T

62 Typhoon -- quick reassemble

I had bought a brand new fork and headset for this a while back. I've been jonesin' to ride, have 3 bikes (all unridable) and haven't had much time free to reassemble anything. I decided to focus on the Typhoon again just to have something ready for Spring. Before: I never really got the...
  6. T

Cold-bending back forks--cutting/breaking welds???

I think too much... There, I said it :) This is supposed to be a current project. The weather is too cold for painting so I've just been sitting around looking at this bike, mocking-up ideas in Photoshop, and surfing the internet for product info and techniques. So far the only actual...
  7. T

Fender Rehab ???

Any tips on fender rehab? The years do a lot in terms of dents and general loss of shape. I'm open to using bondo... will that effect the powder finishing process?
  8. T

KON-TIKI CRAWLER aka: 24" Tornado project

I had previously posted this in the gallery to share a great old bike and get some help with identification -- Thanks to Ratina, Dumpster_Diver, Markm, and CCR I've been pointed in a better direction. After working on the image in Photoshop today, I found myself in -- what may be -- the...
  9. T

Mesinger? HELP

Can anyone help me identify this bike?
  10. T

Bendix RB-2 question(s)

So what exactly do I have here? When I picked this bike up I was working on the assumption that it was a 2 or 3 speed. I've checked out the Hub details in the How-To section and it looks like this is a single-speed -- is this correct? I'm still green to the multi-speed in-hub stuff, and...
  11. T

What's Shakin' ?

Caught a wiff'a you cats while researchin' some old cruisers a couple weeks ago... my nose has been stuck here ever since! I know it's wise to linger a while on a forum before joining, but I've never been known for my wisdom :wink: I had to jump right in! A bit about me: I'm involved with...
Back