Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

>>> SINGLESPEED HOTROD >>>

The little things really add up... your handlebar treatment, the way you widened the rear fender... really kool.
  2. J

1935 Monark 5 BAR "Deluxe 6 Rat Racer"

Really kool build, Man... simplicity at it's finest... well-deserved win.
  3. J

Rust In Peace, little guy...

Either plant it in the yard or hang it on the garage wall... either way it will be kool.
  4. J

Gaskill's Hop Shop Presents: Ten Buck Schwinn

Yep... I like it!
  5. J

Steamed Rat...

Kool!
  6. J

POORE MANS DREAM

Looks great, man... really great. Definitly a keeper.
  7. J

Black & Wild

Clean, simple and kool!
  8. J

Sawsall time

I agree... one sweet chainguard!
  9. J

Rivets for fenders

If I'm not mistaken, I got a big bag from Memory Lane. They're not a true rivet but work really well. They look like the originals on the top but are threaded on the bottom... the nuts come with them. Probably depends on just how much of a purist you are.
  10. J

Loosing my grip

In answer to Sensor... my last one was stored in a barn for a long time. Seems something very small had built a nest inside the bars... I'm still finding bits of that "stuff" in my shop!
  11. J

Building a Fiberglass Tank

Yeah... I like this. Been thinking about building some 'glas tanks, too... got my own ideas but I'll watch to see how you do. Always better to learn from others than to make my own mistakes.
  12. J

Murray Boardtrack

Honestly, Chris, I liked your original bars better but I know the riding position wasn't as good. Trust me, I have a few like that. Great build... great look... oughta be great fun!
  13. J

PROJECT 65 TRAVELER - (FINISHED)

I have a '63 Traveler in really great shape, too. Had a middle weight back wheel when I got it but that's been replaced. The head badge is really neat... all plastic with a starburst cast into it from the back side. Thought about repainting but it's way too good to mess with. I only gave 20...
  14. J

VOTE HERE!!! - RRBBO4

I got into this way too late to cast my vote but you guys did one fantastic job with your builds... all of you. Karfer... outstanding job! Ya gave us all something to shoot for next year.
  15. J

How to ID my Westfield Columbia with Serial#

A friend gave me an old Westfield a couple years ago. Hopefully, your serial number info will help me identify mine, too. Got most of the parts... need the right crank... think I'll restore this one. Got plenty of other stuff to cut up.
  16. J

Flying Merkel

Here's what got me started cutting bikes up. Saw the real thing at an AMCA meet and just had to give it a try. Basic frame is a 1955 ladies Schwinn... added backbone, built the tank, bobbed the fender and reshaped the downtube. Schwinn fork with truss rod added from a junk fork I found...
  17. J

Another newbie

Hey Gang... Jondutch46 here. Got interested in old bikes 6 or 7 years ago... restored a few and started cutting some up. Built a tribute bike to the 1911 Flying Merkel board tracker and that really got me started. Building my second bobber-style bike now. Lookin' forward to this board...
Back