Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Wildcat

Leopard Lady

My wife brought home another junk frame for me. The bike shop overcharged her, 20 bucks! :13:They had to answer for that when I visited the shop last week. "But it has a new chain!" I never complain because she might one day bring home a Huffman or CWC frame from the 50's. This looked like...
  2. Wildcat

At the bike shop again

I made up another wheelset for fun and went in for truing. As usual, they had them trued up while I waited for 15-20 minutes. And also just for a few dollars. I picked up a set of 26 x 1.38 tires and tubes also. Not 1 3/8ths, why they do tires in a confusing size is beyond me Why not a number...
  3. Wildcat

SWB0 Lazyboy

Build thread: https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/lazyboy.119338/ This is a salvaged recumbent frame made to be as comfortable as possible on a small budget. The most expensive part is the 3 chains needed to make it work. The rear rim is 26 x 1 3/8ths and the front rim is 20 x 1.25. The tires...
  4. Wildcat

Frankenscoot

This started out as "Scurf" but was redone a couple of times to make it more feasible as a rider. This was too heavy and had a lot of spring in the frame but was fun to ride for a minute or two. Scurf: I shortened the frame and repainted it red. I freehanded the footboard to mimic EVH's guitar...
  5. Wildcat

Something new everyday

A spoked chainwheel? I see new things all the time and keep adding them to my files. This looks like a lot of work for little gain. It must be just for looks.
  6. Wildcat

SWB0 Lazyboy

I'm going to use the recumbent frame I've had hanging in the shop for a long time. That's all I have for it right now. I thought it was made for 27" wheels, being from the 80's, but the 27" wheel I tried is a hair too large. I'll see how a 700 fits but maybe just go wiith a 26" since I have...
  7. Wildcat

WANTED Wide 20" rims

I'm looking for wide rims for a project. 20" size, all I can find are the standard 25-30mm, or 80-100mm. I need 45-65 mm for my 20 x 3.0 tires to look right. I've searched all the websites and can't find any in that range. I can put two 25mm rims together but that's a lot of work.
  8. Wildcat

Who is this and what brand of bike?

I found this pic surfing and wonder what the head badge says. Anyone recognize it?
  9. Wildcat

Blue Tiger

A muscle bike for two, but only one set of cranks. Either the front or rear rider will provide the pedaling, so the front and rear will also have foot pegs to enjoy the ride. The front seat is for shorter riders and the rear should fit even the tallest riders. Two frames are to be...
  10. Wildcat

Red Tiger

I have enough leftover parts from my class two entry for another bike. So far; This will need extensions on the dropouts for the fat tire, but only a couple inches.
  11. Wildcat

Swingrat

A Swing bike made from scrap frame parts and water pipe with a splatter paint job. https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/swingrat.118285/ The pin goes in the fork when in swing mode. The spring was extended for ride geometry. The pin that holds the rear steering in check. Band brake and...
  12. Wildcat

The 1901 Mixte

Made from a late 80's mixte frame, supposed to look like it was made in 1901. https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/the-1901-mixte.118518/
  13. Wildcat

Bulldog

I'm starting a build tomorrow. It'll be small but stout, like a Bulldog.
  14. Wildcat

The 1901 Mixte

I don't think there's a Mixte in the build off, and I've got the time to put this together. This is a late 80's Mixte I've had, one of the unused old frames from junk I picked up a few years ago. From 1987, it may be a Miyata or a Nishiki. No markings except the serial number. All that I have...
  15. Wildcat

World Bicycle Day

June 03 is World Bicycle Day. Anyone recognize the bike the actor is riding? Everyone should get a ride in today.
  16. Wildcat

Swingrat

I'm going to build a swing bike. I'd like to just use scrap stuff I have, but I may need a few things. I've researched the frame geometry and will make it with headtube angles like a standard swing bike. I'm not using a triangle from an old frame, I'm making it just like one of the original...
  17. Wildcat

Norco all Canadian bikes?

I saw this frameset for sale here and wondered if it's made in Canada or just supplied from China?
  18. Wildcat

Problem with disc brake hub adapters

I was converting a couple bikes over to disc brakes and found a problem with the adapters that thread on to a non disc hub. They attach clockwise and the rotor gets attached to the adapter as if the hub was made for a disc brake. I also used a adapter to attach the caliper to the frame, but I...
  19. Wildcat

Playbike build

This is just a makeover of a previous bike. Over here in the Philippines they have a class of bikes called playbikes. There are thousands of them and they are mostly customized by the owners. They have rides and clubs established. Most are 20" bikes.
  20. Wildcat

Hubshiners

Hubshiners are about the cheapest mod you can do to your bike. Originally from the 50's to keep the chrome hubs shining, they add a little class to your bike. I bought a set made with reflectors and glitter vinyl, but they can be made with different types of materials. Leather was the...
Back