Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BossHydro

show us your BEER BIKE

I have seen a few New Belgium gift bikes but this one has sweet looking fender stays and a nice front basket.
  2. BossHydro

A trip thru Amana

Thanks for posting some nice pics of your ride. A couple of those buildings look familiar.
  3. BossHydro

Tour De Brew

Re: Tour De Brew (May 13) Here are some pics I took the other day working on the seat clamp for the bike. Things would be better if I had some power tools. Had to file two of these down by hand. :x
  4. BossHydro

Schwinn "Liner" update 6-24

Re: #2 (frame and name change) Great Build Hooch! Looks like the extra cycle of the past. Do you plan on using it on this years RAGBRAI?
  5. BossHydro

TBA...(Free Ride?)Now thinking:Got Lucky!)

Re: TBA...(Free Ride?) What were your thoughts on building up your own wheels? Lacing the spokes and truing the wheel can be fun.
  6. BossHydro

Raleigh Rod STOLEN JULY 3rd....

Re: so stoked Good Luck Billy! All of those look like sweet rides to me.
  7. BossHydro

Tour De Brew

Working long hours this weekend, not fun. Was able to build the front wheel on last Thursday. The wheels are super beefy and also weight about 8lbs each. Rear hub is 3spd coaster Sturmey Archer. Front is Sturmey Archer 70mm drum brake. Here is the bike so far :roll: Next step set up the...
  8. BossHydro

Tour De Brew

9. BossHydro

Tour De Brew

Today I was able to lace and true the rear wheel. As for the front wheel the spokes come into the shop on Wed. Went to buy some paint supplies at the hardware store. Painted the "H" on the head badge green. Also got some sanding done on the chaingaurd. Thinking about getting the bike up...
  10. BossHydro

Tour De Brew

Here is the start of my build off. The Tour De Brew Bike. This is a 50's Huffy from Ohio. Want to turn it into a beer themed klunker. There is a local beer cruise set up every year to prep for RAGBRAI. http://www.bikeiowa.com/asp/calendar/RidePopUp.asp?m=&e=4397 They have kegs along the...
  11. BossHydro

Coolerbike.

Great Idea! I Like The Rat Color's.
  12. BossHydro

First Time Paint Help

I am planning on participating in this years build off contest. The rules say the paint needs to be applied by the builder. I have an old rusty frame here that I need to strip the paint off to bare metal. Are the chemical treatment the best way to get this process going or maybe a wire wheel...
  13. BossHydro

crazy mad skillz!!!

The old Rush guys have sweet hairstyles!!
  14. BossHydro

Schwinn Freeform Z

What is this other side you speak of? Thanks for posting these pics. Can really see all the great detail you put into the restoration. I like everything about this bike the color scheme, old schwinn, white mags....
  15. BossHydro

Basman 346 updated new rubber 4-21-13

Re: Basman 346 Great work with the bike. Really brings the cruiser rat bike into the future. Thanks for posting the pics.
  16. BossHydro

THE PREFECT BIKE

Have you found the perfect bike yet?? This is what I would like to suggest. The Salsa Vaya, I got a chance to build and ride this bike today at work. It costs a lot of money but its a really great frame. Its Steel Chromo. Disk Brakes. Large Headtube instead of Stem. 700c Large Wheels and...
  17. BossHydro

Lotus Legend

Great looking bike. Good to see it didn't go to the dump! Did you modify the brakes so the cables are under the bar tape? Usually the housing runs out of the top of the brake handles and looks poor. How were the ball bearings looking in the bottom bracket and headset?
  18. BossHydro

new here

If you are planning on building the frame with a belt drive remember the frame has to come apart for the belt to be added and removed. The Trek bikes at work come apart at the rear drop-outs.
  19. BossHydro

New Bike

Great work on the bike. I like that the light will turn as you turn... nice feature.
  20. BossHydro

Why for?

It was probably used as a gear box for some sort of trike. They are never used in the wheel so the spoke holes can be covered up. Found this pic on the web it might give you and idea of what I am saying. Boss
Back