Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Floyd

My Ratbike vacation in FL

i recently returned from FL. Before I went I surfed their CL and secured a horrible deal on this crusty Murray. Guy said he greased the bearings and it seemed to be true. I put new tubes in and bombed the wheels orange. I rode everyday between 15-50 miles! Pics mostly from Siesta Keys and...
  2. Floyd

51 Schwinn

Before and after pics. I'm very pleased with how my first cleared rust bike turned out!
  3. Floyd

Anyone rat bikin in Sarasota FL?

I plan on a taking a day the end of this month and ridin in that area. Beaches.... Bars..... Dives..... Anyone up for a ride?
  4. Floyd

79 Mongoose

Got this off local CL last night. Not quite what I had as a kid, but very close. Im very happy with this, especially since it cost a high two digit figure. Even though mine as a kid had spoked wheels with the bumps, I'd say these aren't original wheels. The Motomag sticker likely confirms that...
  5. Floyd

Dyno compe

I picked this up 9 bucks, so no biggie if worthless. But Im wondering what I got here. I haven't found decoding info , but gumwalls and a local bicycle shop sticker without an area code suggest early 90s. Serial on dropout DH89091239. Thanks!
  6. Floyd

Bike swap today......

...at Bicycle Heaven. As I sat there I had an idea. I had a 24" wheel set and I was parting a crusty girls muscle bike..... So I sought out a cheap frame, and found a ruff spaceliner frame and crank for $10, A chainguard for $2, and a seat and back fender for $5. After a quick thrash envolving...
  7. Floyd

69 Pea Picker

Scored this yesterday. Missing a lot, but very cheap. Not very rusty either. Im thrilled!
  8. Floyd

$5 yard sale junker

But before I tear it apart for the sprocket, I figure I best check here and make sure its just the junker I suspect it is.
  9. Floyd

Movie poster at Goodwill

My 2.99 purchase should look good on my wall. Any idea how I'd tell if original? It was in with a bunch of lamer movies.
  10. Floyd

Pittsburgh guys,short notice,Nov16 Stavich trail New Castle

I have a real chance of being off Fri Nov 16th. Me and Adam may head to Stavich between 9 and 10 am. Anyone up for it? (Chance of being called to work, so check here early tomorrow to confirm) Its a PIA to find, so maybe meet at New Castle Wal Mart.
  11. Floyd

Repop Krate seat score at a toy car show

Ha! Been wanting one of these and one turns up at a toy car show really cheap! YAY! Just whatr I wanted for my Phake Krate!!
  12. Floyd

Shout out to Craig at Bicycle Heaven in Pittsburgh!

Thanks for saving my afternoon of riding with my kids on the North shore trail. Its nice to know us Pittsburghers can ride our old bikes knowing a part source is near and available! My 40 yr old Hercules "the killer" broke a crank pin, which coulda been the end.
  13. Floyd

Buddy Buggy

This lttle trike found its way to my house. Buddy Buggy made by Universal of Bossier City LA.
  14. Floyd

Hercules!......... or why I'm buying a helmet

This thing is downright dangerous! I wanted to leave it with just the coaster brake for a clean appearance. Uh... first stop from who knows how fast, and note front brake added.
  15. Floyd

The CL Add showed two 20" wheels & shifter amongst some junk

.... So I drove almost 2 hrs to git em! How'd I do? I'm guessing Iverson. Anyone know the shifter? Guy had a great story how these parts were saved. Converted his musclebike to bmx. Beat the snot out of it and it is no more. I'm thinking these may be worthy of my finding the right frame!
  16. Floyd

Krate seat post clamp question

I know my 72 Peeler has some repo parts like fenders. But I been eye ballin the seatpost clamp. Today I took it off. The pic on the right is the Peeler one. See how its much taller where the bolt goes thru? The one on the left is a stock 68 Stingray clamp, which matches all my other Schwinns. So...
  17. Floyd

rusty 68 Stingray

I grabbed this for $40 off CL since I had some correct, but later year wheels laying around Lots of scrubbing later, its still rusty, but I cleaned and repacked bearing for a good rider. And how about that seat! :)
  18. Floyd

Some old Raleighs gettin ready to be combined

Spent a whopping $20 for these two. Girls Western flyer badged bike is 3 speed coaster with nicer parts, boys is a Hercules badged that is a real pile. Time for a bare bones stripper with the look of a fixie, but three speeds. Now to get started
  19. Floyd

My Elgin conversion.....

....sittin outside and me setting the color to sephia. No reason.... just thought it looked cool :D
  20. Floyd

Finally got a Krate!!

Traded my Eliminator and a few bucks, but I'm very happy to finally get a Krate. 1972 Lemon Peeler. Absolutely beautiful repaint by the previous owner, who is a bodyman. A few repo parts, but the deal was very good so no complaints here! I am not an expert on these, so I may have a few questions...
Back