Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Fireproof

BEWARE! California DMV Scam!

I don’t know who thought of this (expletives deleted) underhanded idea, but it sure seams like a cash-generating scam to me! Yesterday, I pulled a letter from the DMV out of my mailbox and was met with a surprize. The first clue that something was amiss . . . a “Special Notice”, printed in...
  2. Fireproof

FLIGHTLINER Tank/Headlight Lens

A couple of VERY talented local custom/vintage bike builders are collaborating on a special bike based on an old Flightliner. My understanding is that it will be a one-off custom and they are going to give it away! I have not seen what they are doing, but I do know that it will turn out awesome...
  3. Fireproof

Tribute to our friends

My dad (Fireproof) and I are building a new OCC chopper to replace my bike that was stolen after this year's Rat Bike Rodeo. Look here for some background info . . . viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31862 We had some frames and parts kicked down to us by RRB forum members Kuttnhack and davethecreep to get...
  4. Fireproof

Tribute to a friend

On Saturday October 2nd, my daughter and I attended the second Rat Bike Rodeo in Galt, California. We brought our choppers to ride in a few of the events and we had a great time with a bunch of our friends. We left for home tired, but very much looking forward to the next rodeo. On the way we...
  5. Fireproof

Sacramento Park Tour Ride March 28th

A few of us RRB Forum members are going to get together for a “Park Tour” ride. Sunday, March 28. It will be laid-back and very kid-friendly. The majority of the ride will be on a greenbelt trail and we stop at every park on the trail so that the kids can try-out the playgrounds. The parks are...
  6. Fireproof

Forgot my lunch, so . . . I made these.

I didn't want to waste a perfectly good lunch break, so I whittled these valve stem covers out of some scrap acrylic. Of course I got the idea for them from the kustom dash knobs that are found in sixties-era metalflake painted show cars.
  7. Fireproof

Important bearing decision . . . Help!

I’m looking for some input about bearings. Most of my bikes have “caged” bearings. It seems to me, the factory uses caged bearings to speed-up assembly and save money. For me, one of the worst things about bicycle maintenance is having to clean caged bearings. I’m considering buying loose ball...
  8. Fireproof

A special day!

:!: :!: Don’t forget tomorrow is Mother’s Day! Get Mom some flowers, candy, a card, or at least a phone call. Remember that if it weren’t for her, you probably would not be reading this right now! :!: :!:
  9. Fireproof

FIREPROOF

Hello all my fellow RatRodBike enthusiasts! I’m finally getting around to my intro . . . please forgive me for taking so long. I have spent many a coffee break over the past half-year checking out what you all talk about in this forum, and I must say that, for several reasons, I’m quite...
Back