Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Welder: Should I get it?

So I took a class, learned to weld and now I need a welder! Yes, I've searched around here like crazy, but I can't figure out what machine to get that's powerful enough to hold a bike together without breaking the bike or the bank. Here's the deal: 1. I want to build bikes (ground up) that...
  2. S

Barefoot Delivery

3. S

Electra head tube measurement

Hey guys, need some help here. I'm currently drooling over the Abraham Linkage fork (yes, over priced and waaaaay out of line considering it was $90 at one point, but I've got some play money!) and I want to know if it'll fit my Electra Sparker. It's an older model Sparker (first year it was...
  4. S

Barefoot Delivery

Well, it's been a sweet summer and I loved watching everyone's build come together almost as much as I like messin' around with mine. It's a great line-up this year and I'm honored to to be a part of it all. What started with a wrecked Electra after being rear-ended is finished off by spending...
  5. S

Barefoot Delivery- Last build shots...

Well, I've been eagerly anticipating the build off and planned to build a fun little trike for my son mostly because it would be cheap, fun and the frame is the first trike I had as a kid so I thought I'd hand it down. Well, a week before the build off... My son and I are on our daily commute...
  6. S

Kid Trike (no name as of yet...)

Well, the original intent of my build was to actually put it in the build section but I'm terrible at remembering to take pics! I even forgot a decent before pic so I mocked it up. Yikes, I need to get better at the picture thing... In any case, here she is. A little history: A couple years ago...
  7. S

Shorten shifter cables?

I'm wrapping up my trike project and need to hook up a shifter to the 3 spd hub. I want to mount a stick shifter not far from the actual hub itself, so the cable needs to be quite a bit shorter. How do I shorten the cable? Do I buy a different length? I've searched the "How To" and can't find...
  8. S

Beach Picnic: Done, and she likes it!

My deadline was our six year anniversary and I made it... scrambled at the last second for a front fender brace and still needs a matching one on the back, but for now I'm calling it done. A few things the pics don't pick up: 1. The seat is my pride and joy! Thanks to Sean for the idea and it's...
  9. S

Kickstand Magazine

Some finally did it! There's a mag out now for cruiser fans... all cruise, no road, mtn, fixie or BMX! Not that there's anything wrong with those, of course... I swung by my LBS in Tempe, AZ and saw a copy on a mag rack. Shocked, I picked it up and started leafing through when the mechanic...
  10. S

Beach Picnic

Well, ever since I started cruising around this site, I thought about how much I'd love to build something and maybe even do it in a build off. No joke, the day I took apart a $20 Craigslist find was May 1st! So, as I posted in my intro not too long ago, my wife recently gave me the thumbs up to...
  11. S

Rookie to the this thing...

Hey all, my name's Joey and I'm a Canadian lost in the deserts of Arizona. I just recently got the thumbs up from my beautiful wife to start building and painting some two wheelers, so I'm pretty stoked. For now my rides are pretty simple; my wife has an Electra Twiggy (stock) and I ride either...
Back