Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. loudboys

CCC Project

I've renamed this one to CCC Project, or Corvette Conservation Corps Project. It was more about conservation than modification, and it's a nod to my late Grandfather who was a member of the real CCC in Oklahoma in the '30s. The build thread: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=72047 This build's pretty...
  2. loudboys

Lincoln, NE Recycled Cycles, Sat, May 25

Jennifer and I are coming to Lincoln this weekend, and we're bringing bikes. We're going to stop at Recycled http://re-cycledbicycle.com/ on the way into town, we should get there between 2-3 pm. We'd like to meet some of you Nebraskan RRBers, and maybe get together a ride over the weekend...
  3. loudboys

Copper wheel sub-category?

Thanks to our fearless leader, those things are popping up all over the buildoff. We might even need sub-sub-categories; copper wheel bikes with or without steampunk influences. 8)
  4. loudboys

XXX Corvette...Now CCC Project

OK, it's my '65 Coppertone Corvette. Waiting on parts to arrive. When they do, I'll post pics and the concept.
  5. loudboys

'65 Corvette coppertone survivor...

This one's too cool to mess with; it's just going to get new tires, a coaster brake, a tune and a light clean.
  6. loudboys

Sportliner; new pics, with rack.

THe latest incarnation of my old Higgins.
  7. loudboys

Saturday cruise nights, Independence, MO May 11

Every Saturday night at the Hartman Center cruise night in Independence (starting with the first Saturday in April). It's on Jackson drive next to Buffalo Wild Wings, just off the Little Blue Parkway exit on I-70. I'll block off several spots starting at around 4pm, and we'll take a group ride...
  8. loudboys

TWA (Two Wheels and an Attitude) Kansas City NEW DATE!!

OK, this isn't so much a club as a loose confederation. We'll meet every Saturday night at the Hartman Center cruise night in Independence (starting with the first Saturday in April). It's on Jackson drive next to Buffalo Wild Wings, just off the Little Blue Parkway exit on I-70. I'll block off...
  9. loudboys

KC Maker Faire June 29-30

I've contacted the organizers of the Faire with a proposal for a rat rod bikes display. I haven't heard back yet, but my proposal was for a display of a couple dozen bikes (in a variety of styles) from 5-10 builders. If it happens, I'll be looking for a range from patina specials to pristine...
  10. loudboys

It's a Spyder, man!

At a swap meet a few weeks ago, I did a little horse trading, and ended up with a pile of parts that need to be assembled into a bike. Some of you may remember my first Rat; an old Sears Spyder I built as a pit bike 20 years ago: Here's what I've got now: No prizes for the first one to...
  11. loudboys

Bonneville 'liner...got wheels!

I'm in. I will (I will, I will!!) get it done in time this year. Anyway, I've got a frame. It's long. It's low. It's twin engined. Yep, it's an old Sears/Huffy Tandem. What I've learned from the Sportliner, the Superleggera, and the Golden Submarine, it's all going in this one. Before pics...
  12. loudboys

Golden Submarine

Yeah, I know. It's a little late for the buildoff, but I got it finished a few weeks ago, and just got around to taking pics today. If you're in KC, I'll be riding it in the Independence Halloween parade later today.
  13. loudboys

Saturday Night Peddlers cruise (5/14) cancelled....

http://shopphh.com/events/ This is a cruise event a few miles away from Rick's shop. They have a band playing and there's a Buffalo Wild Wings in the parking lot. I'll be there by 6pm, and cone off a few spaces for bicycles. Let me know if you'd like to come, and if you need directions.
  14. loudboys

Des Moines folks...

are any of you going to the "Coolest Bike in Town" shindig? We're going to be up there this weekend, and if any of the RatRodders are going to that event we might bring some bikes.
  15. loudboys

Golden Submarine

In October of 1918, Barney Oldfield drove in (and won) his last race at the fairgrounds track in Independence, Missouri. He was driving a Miller racecar known as the Golden Submarine. This event happened less than a mile from where I'm now sitting. A while ago I was ruminating upon this, and...
  16. loudboys

OK, when's the next RRBBO?

I've got this cool new (old) frame, a stack of parts, some weird ideas, and it's finally warmed up enough to want to hang out in the garage. :P
  17. loudboys

Superleggera Flightliner completed (and more)...

I finished up Superleggera today... 1960ish ladies Flightliner, with Nirve 24" wheels, Kenda Kiniption 24x2.3 tires, and some other mods. I've been wanting to do a vintage bike with modern running gear, and also build a full-size cruiser that would fit my 3/4 scale wife, and this fulfills...
  18. loudboys

Kansas City Rat Raids...

Since those of us around KC don't seem to get together very often, I'm going to take it upon myself to organize a few rides this year. I figure a Saturday night ride in the Plaza, another at Zona Rosa, my motorcycle club (http://www.HOAME.com) does a vintage motorcycle show in June that we can...
  19. loudboys

My new project: Superleggera Done! w/link

A friend of mine came to see me the other day, dropped this and ran. It's going to be another mild custom (no welding). It's a Flightliner; I though that the chrome bikes were all Spaceliners, but this one clearly (if a bit fadedly) says "Flightliner" on the chainguard. The Superleggera...
  20. loudboys

Spokesmen; are we riding this Thursday?

How about riding to Mugs Up on 23rd?
Back