Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Tempe-Terror

1960's Monark complete bike - Tempe, AZ

This is a very late model Silver King, after Huffy started making Monarks. It's a real decent riding bike. Has an aftermarket springer but everything else is vintage. Messenger saddle, red band Bendix hub, drop center wheels, and a cool rear rack. The chain guard is the correct style but from a...
  2. Tempe-Terror

Phoenix, AZ Annual Bicycle Swap 03-12-11

I'm going to be hauling a load of stuff out to sell. Anyone else goin?
  3. Tempe-Terror

Hawthorn girl's bike - Yellow Rose of Texas

I started a build here http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12075 back in December, but I put it on hold when I lost my job and haven't gone back to it yet. I got a job a few months ago and instead of getting back to the AMF, I built this Hawthorn for a friend on commission...
  4. Tempe-Terror

Big Parts Sale - Tempe, AZ

I posted this in classifieds too but it is also an event. Helping out a friend who needs money more than he needs bikes. Tons of cool parts, springers, skiptooth stuff, frames, chaingaurds, everything! This Saturday 3/14 starting at 8 a.m. Come on out and find your next project. In Tempe...
  5. Tempe-Terror

AMF Build

Sold the last one, so I'm starting another. This is a cool AMF frame, with peaked fenders. Going to go black with some blue stripes and details. Found these aluminum rims in the pile. Should be a fun build. I'm also going to redo this one and sell it.
  6. Tempe-Terror

First build in a year or so..

Been really busy being lazy and also working on computer stuff but decided to build a bike. This bike has been in the trunk of my car for who knows how long. It's a 50's somethin or another, I think it's a Mercury. Coolest part is the chain guard. Going to have it built and sold in 10 days...
  7. Tempe-Terror

Too many parts!

Been a long time since my last post, but i just finished moving and had to post these pics. I have been anticipating this move for about a year, so I got a storage shed to store some bikes and parts. Long story short finding a new place took longer than expected and I kept tossing more finds...
  8. Tempe-Terror

Chrome Monark

Haven't been on the forum or working on bikes much(mostly been wrenchin on cars) but I added a new bike to my fleet today. Broke it in on a sixer run, my tradition when I get a new bike. It's a chrome frame Monark but obviously manufactured by Huffy. Probably made to compete in sales with the...
  9. Tempe-Terror

Budget Bomber

I made it! It has been raining all day long here, so I put the rest of it together in the rain and got soaked. I think it would look 1000 times better with the checker wheels but procrastination got the best of me and I had to slap these coaster wheels on it just to get it finished and...
  10. Tempe-Terror

DicE #17 release party

Here is a link to some pictures that I took at the Dice party last night. Most of the pics aren't that good because it was dark and hard to see the shot. Thought you guys might enjoy checking out some bigger bikes. http://www.flickr.com/photos/15098362@N04/sets/72157603093573297/
  11. Tempe-Terror

An alternative method to fork straightening

The way I usually straighten up a fork involves a vice but my vice and most of my other stuff is in storage until we move. So I thought up a new way using the junk I had laying around. Here is the bent fork: hard to tell in the pic, but it's got a good bend in it. I had this solid...
  12. Tempe-Terror

Another batch

Some more Craigslist fodder. Two Cruisers, a three speed and a little BMX. The pink cruiser had brand new tires on it with heavy duty wheels and I got the BMX for the plastic MAG style coaster wheel set. Not seen in the above picture are these. cool little AMF muscle bike. One of...
  13. Tempe-Terror

todays haul

Thought you guys would enjoy these pics. The bikes aren't much to write home about, just a bunch of ladies 3 speeds, a Racer, two womens cruisers, and a kids bike. I fix up and sell lots of 3 speeds on craigslist and turn the cash into cooler bike parts. Car looks cool with bikes hanging all...
  14. Tempe-Terror

Budget Bomber *update 11/30* -DONE-

I've decided to try this build off out. I'm going to attempt to build a bike in the ever so popular and stylish boardtrack style. Since most off my neat parts and frames are in storage, I am going to make this bike out of stuff I have on hand and from what I can find, also I am going to try to...
  15. Tempe-Terror

board trackers

I got these links from the Jockey Journal. An interesting watch for you board track fans. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjP05eJBBdA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdaKbHvZPTU
  16. Tempe-Terror

Current projects underway

Here are some of my current projects that I am casually working on here and there. This is my daily rider. I have owned this bike forever. It started out as an early 80's Huffy beach cruiser(late 70's-early 80's Huffys are my favorite cantilever frames). I have been adapting parts to it...
  17. Tempe-Terror

loads of bikes

Here are all the bikes I have built, that I remembered to take pictures of. Photobucket is running slow for me, so I will just post a few and keep adding to it over the next couple of days. First up are before and after pics of an old Dyno that I re-did for a friend from work a couple of...
  18. Tempe-Terror

Another Phx area memeber

My name is Brian and I have been lurking around for a couple of months. I'll have to say that at first I was turned of by the name of the website, coming from the world of traditional Hot Rods and kustom cars an all. We mostly use the term to describe a car that's poorly designed or built very...
Back