Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

The Steampunk Rat Rods of Klaas

Truer words were never spoken. Great to have you here :-) BTW.... as a Brassgoggles lurker, I'd be remiss not to recommend checking out our own Fsjaak's work in the last 2 build-offs. His stuff has a wonderful Steampunk/Dieselpunk flavor (and I suspect he may be a SKUL member). Links for your...
  2. S

random bike pictures

Arizona, apparently : http://www.paysonroundup.com/section/lo ... tory/19331 Which makes me sad.... I was sure I recognized one of the ads on that billboard as local :-p
  3. S

Crusty Huffy

4. S

Cryptocyclology

Ooh, interesting.... any idea where I could find info on these? Everything I can find about Ralieghs seems to center on Choppers or Sportes.... -E
  5. S

Cryptocyclology

Hey all, So, I'm working on a belated Christmas gift for a friend.... being that he lives close to work, and I'm forever messing with bikes on his back porch, he'd expressed interest in a bike. So off I go. So, I find (hopefully) the perfect frame, and meet my New Best Friend in the process...
  6. S

Zep-per

Wow.... that's IDENTICAL to the one that's mounted on my buildoff bike. Planning on doing something similar, mounting it without the lower truss rods. Tho I'm idlly wondering if that'd put undue stress on the fork blades.... Anyway, awesome. -St. Septum
  7. S

Nameless Red Monstrosity

Probably stripping the tank tonight after work. We'll see. Have quite a few dents to gently dispose of there :-p -St.Septum
  8. S

Lucy - A Fine English Lady

So, as ReyaOfTheBells mentioned in her intro, watching me tool around basically managed to get her sucked into this vortex of pedal-driven madness.... so, a quick visit to the same old lady who sold me my build-off bike, and we're scampering home with the one that'd caught her eye.... Meet...
  9. S

Nameless Red Monstrosity

UPDATE! So, I finally got some real work done on the frame.... My original plan to try to reclaim the original paint didn't pan out.... it held on great on the head tube but seemed eager to come off everywhere else..... good hygiene is so important for aging bikes.... this is what I...
  10. S

Another new addict to the Forum...

*laughs megalomaniacally* does this mean I get a toaster oven or something? Welcome :-) -E
  11. S

Dads Build Bike

LOVE that springer..... lotta nice forks in the build off. And I'm sure it weighs about 20 pounds by itself, but.... heavy fork solidarity, man. -E
  12. S

Hellooo!

Oooh, I'd be all for it :-) -E
  13. S

Nameless Red Monstrosity

Thanks, this reminded me I actually have some..... seems to be eating the red but not the original paint. Which is fantastic, since I wasn't feeling great about hours of careful wetsanding :-p Still possible..... but you can't fake natural Rattiness :-) -E
  14. S

Nameless Red Monstrosity

Comiung in a bit late I know.... but, I managed to come across a bike that was perfect for the build-off, how could I say no? I'd spotted this thing a week or so back, but could never manage to catch the old lady selling it at home.... on monday, I finally did. $30 bucks later I'm bashing my...
  15. S

Hellooo!

Thanks for the welcome, all.... Xddorox, your blofg is actually how I found this place :-) Jus found my bike for the build-off today..... can't wait! I already have blisters and sore knuckles :-) -Elias
  16. S

Hellooo!

Cool! I'm in Fulton... halfway between Jeff City and Columbia. I've noticed we have several Missourians here..... maybe we should have a meetup sometime :-) -E
  17. S

Hellooo!

Been lurking here a while, finally getting around to introducing myself.... Hi, I'm SaintSeptum, I live in Mid Missouri and I'm addicted to junk bikes :-) I'll try to post pics of my first ratrod sometime soon..... In the meantime I'm trying to jump into the build off :-) Cheers all, -Elias
Back