Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. voodoowagon

Wicker and Bamboo

Was over at my buddies shop called West Village Cycles and thought you would like to see a bicycle he was given. It is all covered in wicker and bamboo. Enjoy
  2. voodoowagon

CL find

Was surfing CL last night and saw a post for 6 bicycles but it had posted about 3 hours earlier, surely I had already missed them, well I emailed and he still had them. Worked out a AWESOME price and picked them up a little while ago. Four older bikes and two newer ones but all worth the...
  3. voodoowagon

Bike on intro page

I am looking for a bike build on bike number three on the intro page, anyone know of one or how he built the tank?
  4. voodoowagon

Coaster brake issue

I am not really sure about the terminology of this so that may be why I cant find anything on a search but I have a issue. The rear coaster brake gear just spins forward and backwards and wont turn the wheel. I tore the hub down an ddidnt see anything wrong so I cleaned it a little and put...
  5. voodoowagon

El Guapo

Had this bike built for a while now but have never turned in a thread for it. Found a old Columbia that had been broken in half almost at a old barn I have torn down. Cant really say it was much of a build as a major overhaul. Tore what I had down, used a seat that I found in another barn...
  6. voodoowagon

Elgin Frames

So I was given two Elgin frames years ago that I was going to use as yard art. The rear section on the top one has several areas where it is rusted through, and the bar the seat post goes down into has split in the middle where the buldge is. Looks like water was inside and froze and then...
  7. voodoowagon

Lost a bike build

I cant remember what kind of bike it was or where I saw it but someone built a bike and then off to the side had another wheel with a strip of wood I guess for someone to stand on, does this ring a bell with anyone?
  8. voodoowagon

Hercules and Robin Hood

Was asked to help a friend clean out her shop after her husband passed away, she said I could have anything I wanted to throw it all away. Found this Hercules and the Robin Hood, they show to be from Nottingham England. From what I have found online they were bought out in the 60s by...
  9. voodoowagon

Leonard's, please help identify

Has anyone heard of a bike or a company called Leonard's. Was given a girls bike, really nice with a Texas logo on the front and LEONARD'S across it. Bike is rusted and a good patina so I cant find anything else on the bike.
  10. voodoowagon

Live Fast Tattoo and Hot Rod show in Houston Texas

http://www.golivefast.com/contentshou.php Awesome show, I have never seen bicycles there but it is a good show to check out.
  11. voodoowagon

FREEBIE

It is amazing what happens when you walk up to a house with a bicycle on the side and ask what they are doing with it. Even more amazing when they say they are getting ready to throw it away. Grant it was a Huffy girls bike but it has a lot of good parts on it.
  12. voodoowagon

Rust bucket 1 & 2 are coming together.

Well last night I got both bikes back together and the Columbia rides great, love the flipped handle bar idea. As for the Niagara with the ape hangers, not so much. The chain is to loose so I will have to remove another link and the bearings are going to have to go, nothing like a clikety...
  13. voodoowagon

CAN A CHAIN BE LENGTHENED

I have two chains that neither are long enough by about 3-4 links, is it possible to remove links and add them?
  14. voodoowagon

Belated intro

Well I have been on the site for a month or two but I am real lazy about getting pictures from my camera to my computer. The first two are salvaged bikes that I found in local barns that I was demolishing for wood. One is a Columbia and the other is a Niagara. However I think the Niagara is a...
  15. voodoowagon

All Trusses are NOT created equal

This whole time I thought some Trusses I had from another bike would fit, NOPE both sets I have are to big for both bikes I wanted to install them on. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get them to fit OTHER than cutting them down?
  16. voodoowagon

The Bikes that are pictured under WHAT is a RAT ROD BIKE

I am wanting to find out who owns the bike that is fourth from the bottom on the right. It has those shock forks (excuse my terminology). Or does anyone know what they are off of? I would love to put a set like that on one of my bikes. Can anyone help a newbie?
  17. voodoowagon

Skyrider

Well just scored another bike, it is amazing what happens when you just ask what someone is going to do with the bikes on the side of their house. ITS YOURS.......... One is just a cheap BMX Haro but the other is a female cruiser, black and white. Cant read the badge but the chain gaurd says...
  18. voodoowagon

HEADBADGES and EBAY

OK SO I am starting to think a lot of people collect head badges, judging from the amount I see on ebay. My concern or thoughts are where in the world are the bikes that used to be connected to the head badges?
  19. voodoowagon

Anything in the Dallas/Fort Worth area

Who new I would find such a great site. Anyone know of swap meets or events for old bikes in the area? I am into car swap meets and I find some stuff there but not much.
Back