Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. K

Son of the Thunderer

So cool! You and I must have grown up in the same era. My dad bought me a Huffy Thunder Road when I was a kid and I was also a huge fan of Evel Knievel. Great work. Seeing your Huffy tribute takes me back to my youth.
  2. K

Before & After Pics

1968 CCM Before After 1948 Schwinn DX Before After 1965 Huffy Before After
  3. K

24" and 26" Jerald Slick Tires (Square Tread)

I'll definitely buy set of whitewalls when they become available.
  4. K

Flying Pigeon

You might have a tough time finding 28" whitewalls for it. Great bike though; a solid classic!
  5. K

1965 CCM. Pashley Guv'nor knockoff.

It started as a parts bike, but I decided to build it up and model it after the Pashley Guv'nor. It has 28" wheels, a Bendix 2-speed kickback hub, Brooks leather hand grips and Brooks B67 saddle.
  6. K

Valspar Paint

I used Duplicolor Metal Specks paint on this tandem and it came out looking great. It chips waaaay too easily though. I don't think I'd use it again for that reason.
  7. K

Fed up with Sturmey-Archer.

Thanks everyone, particularly cman and fenderhole for helping find an alternative.
  8. K

I saw that the ebay seller "Bicyclebones" sells them for 99.00 plus shipping which is double the normal retail price. I may have to bite the bullet and allow myself to get ripped off. I hate that. Same thing happened when I tried to find prewar crossbrace handlebars. Maple Island Sales had them...
  9. K

I have a bike build that has stalled to a halt because I can't find an S.A. XF-D front hub anywhere. Everyone is out of stock. I contacted Sturmey Archer to see when they will be sending more to their suppliers and I got this automated response: "There is currently only one person in the US to...
  10. K

Murray Boardtrack

Re: Rustbucket Racer- It rides, Aug 4 Make sure your tetanus shot is up to date before you you that bike! :) I think it will look great when it's finished.
  11. K

Pee Wee Herman X1 Replica

Matt, attached are photos of the process I used to make my saddle bags. I made a plywood cross-section and filled it with expanding foam, sanded it smooth and covered it with Bondo. (Bondo photo not shown). From there, I will cover it in fiberglass and create a mold of the saddle bag. The...
  12. K

Pee Wee Herman X1 Replica

Looks fantastic. How did you make the chain guard, do you have pics? Also, where did you find the silver vented inserts for the tank? I'm making a Pee Wee bike as well. I'm in the middle of constructing the saddle bags; making them out of fiberglass. Time consuming!
  13. K

Columbia arch frame

Your quick mock-up looks amazing as it is. I can't even imagine how cool that bike will be when it is finished.
  14. K

RIP Billy Mays

I love the Shamwow guy's mugshot. The cops obviously picked him up at the hospital because he's wearing a patient gown underneath his Huggy Bear-style jacket.
  15. K

Has anyone tried Snowbiking?

I rented one of these at Keystone ski resort in Colorado last week and it was an absolute blast. I'll never go back to skis again. The cool thing about Keystone is that they let you bring home-built ski bikes on their slopes as well. I may do a build. On skis, I never did anything more than a...
  16. K

Iver Johnson Christmas present for myself

Great looking bike! I have an old Iver Johnson as well, but mine isn't a camel back. Plus mine was given a bad paint job at some point; it looks like it was painted with a brush. I plan to have mine professionally repainted eventually and, for riding purposes, I may get 27" steel wheels and have...
  17. K

Project Econoline

I like this look: :)
  18. K

Peddlers Fall Bike Show And Swap

I'll be out of town this weekend. Dang! This always happens. My family always seems to plan special get togethers on the same weekends as big swap meets. Oh well.
  19. K

The fall of ebay is coming

I agree with you, necessaryevil. It's just more ridiculous bunk that we have come to expect from Ebay. Hang in there though. I like Craigslist, but there are certain items that sell better to a global audience. Like I said in my previous post, I sold a toy to a guy in Tokyo who paid $450. If I...
  20. K

The fall of ebay is coming

Check the link below under the heading, "PayPal doesn’t hold payments for eBay items if you meet the following:" https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/securitycenter/sell/SaferPayments-outside
Back