Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. MERK

Bike art for the shop wall

Cool! It`s a Steelhead! ;)
  2. MERK

Bicycle Helmets ????

I`m not going to argue with you, just relating my direct experience. I`ve had my own life saved by helmets at least twice, albeit from motorcycle incidences. Lot`s of interesting information here... https://sites.google.com/site/bicyclehelmetmythsandfacts/#TOC-Myths-and-Facts While divided...
  3. MERK

Bicycle Helmets ????

I was on the scene of a horrible collision where a pick-up truck rear ended a group of cyclists. Several were very badly injured, but the only two that didn`t recover had one thing in common...no helmet. One died (from head trauma) and the other suffered a life altering brain injury. As a...
  4. MERK

Help! seat post at the bottom of the tube!

I`ve had to do this... I used a length of steel rod with a narrow hook bent in one end. Go down seat tube, through the post,then hook the bottom edge of the post and pull it out. Worked for me...
  5. MERK

I think...I'm...gonna cry

I wouldn`t bother fixing it...it`s probably going to continue to crack. Many of the high end hubs from that era are failing. Has to do with the type of aluminum used...
  6. MERK

Kelly Adjustable Handle Bars

Some headsets use a toothed washer design like that. Maybe you could modify one of those...
  7. MERK

Vintage looking 28 x 1 3/4 tires...

Need some modern, black, 28 x 1 3/4 tires (700c) that have a good vintage look. Any recommendations?
  8. MERK

CCM serial number *UPDATE*

An old chart I`ve had since the 90`s. I think there`s a copy of it on the CABE...
  9. MERK

CCM serial number *UPDATE*

Re: CCM serial number 1972...
  10. MERK

aluminum seat posts

Early Mountainbikers used solid 13/16 aluminum rod in their Klunkers, that should work for what you`re doing...
  11. MERK

The best of 2011?

I think my favourite that I built would be this 36 CCM Motorbike. This thing was a mess when I got it..over 25 dents in the frame (most on the top tube, of course!), original paint long gone,saddle had no cover, one broken spring rod, everything rusted. But it cleaned up pretty good, and I`m...
  12. MERK

To nice of a day to sit inside...

It`s been a GREAT fall/early winter in SW Ontario! Especially after that punishment last year :cry: . I had one of the Klunkers out on Christmas Eve day, gotta` love that!
  13. MERK

Which Tools Do You Want For Christmas???

New Truing stand!
  14. MERK

Custom Light Bar,...Winter Night Riding.

If you`re trying to trail ride fast, you need real off road lights. There`s really no comparison, especially if you`re in heavy woods...
  15. MERK

How much should a bike shop cost?

It would really depend on how much money the shop was bringing in. You`re buying the business, including the location and clientele...hopefully! If it`s a well established, booming shop with lots of customers, 50 grand might be a great deal. If it`s relatively new with a small client base, you`d...
  16. MERK

Why are ladies frames still built?

Must be regional, lots of women here still ride in skirts/dresses...I see it every day. Step throughs are are actually in a revival in the cities...
  17. MERK

ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ...

Thanks, I thought they might be those. Really got to get a set....
  18. MERK

ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ...

Nice. Where are those handlebars from? :?:
  19. MERK

american picker bike question

The Spacelander weighed a lot more than ten pounds! :D That`s misquoted it`s... "The Bowden is the ancestor of sub-10lb composite wonderbikes, with a full-fiberglass chassis."
  20. MERK

Seen the movie Klunkers? WE JUST RODE PEARL PASS ON KLUNKS!

Like I said on MTBR...a GREAT Adventure! Truly fits the spirit of this "tour"! Congrats on your accomplishment!
Back