Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BenG

1938 Columbia Superb klunker-style cuiser

Hi well, well, well.... it has been a while remember this post: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/prewar-columbia-stencils-how-to-preserve-paint.9474/#post-109173 Here is what became of it - just finished! Components: - 1938 Columbia Super frame (powder coated locally) -...
  2. BenG

modern headset for Columbia Superb

[EDIT] I reword my request: Hi Here is the deal: I have a Columbia Superb frame that I suspect from the late 30s (straight down tube); I would like to turn it into a nice 26" klunker but at this stage, I have no fork nor a headset for it;. The head tube inner diameter is 33mm, so in terms of...
  3. BenG

Pimping: Nice new tyres to be seen with at night (I suppose)

Hi there Not sure where to post this, I hope this is ok here http://www.nightbrighttyre.com/ and just for those who are still not aware of these: http://www.monkeylectric.com/m464q.htm cheers Ben
  4. BenG

New York vintage bike shop u can recommend

Hi, I will to be in New York at the beginning of next month (1st time in the US!) was wondering: could anyone recommend decent vintage bike shops where I could find some spares / vintage frame I could bring back to old Europe? Thanks a lot in advance BenG
  5. BenG

Can I fit a BMX freewheel?

Hi does anyone know if I can fit a BMX 9 tooth freewheel onto a standard wheel (a skyway tuff 24" for instance) BMX are all 9 - 25 ratio these days, would be great to transpose it to cruisers... what do you think ? Thanks a lot for all your help (and this forum IS really helpful) cheers Beng
  6. BenG

what headset?

Hi could anyone tell me what headset to use with: - a Schwinn DX B6 Hornet - a Columbia prewar frame I have some 1" 1/8 to 1" reducers but they won't fit (as they did on a JC Higgins, and then I could fit a 1" headset) I may be asking something obvious here but please bear with me, I live in...
  7. BenG

prewar Columbia stencils - how to preserve paint?

Hi I got myself this prewar Columbia frame for my next project off ebay I find the colour scheme (dark grey + sharp red) & patterns so great I would like to either preserve it or restore it (the second option is actually my favourite as this would allow me to "clean" the frame) so does anyone...
  8. BenG

BenG from France

Hi here it is then: I am 38, I live in Northern France in a town called Lille, pretty close to the Belgian border. About 5-6 year ago, I had the opportunity to ride a black Dyno Deuce and fell under the spell straight away! (At the time Dyno was still designed by A Bethlenfalvy). You could not...
  9. BenG

At last!

Hi everyone At Last here is my project, there remains the front disc brake & lever to fix and will probably shorten the fork / lower handlebarsto make it look neat as you can see on the picture [edit - additional photos] JC Higgins frame (50's ?) Skyway 24" wheels Felt Orange Walls...
  10. BenG

Brakes on a 50s' JC Higgins with 24 x 3 tires?

Hi again, Can anyone tell me what brakes can I fit on and old JC Higgins frame that will be equipped with 24 x 3 (ie fat/balloon) tires? Can anyone point me to a website that sells the stuff? Thanks a lot BenG
  11. BenG

1" 1/8 headset adaptor for a 1" fork ?

Hi there, anyone knows where I can get my hands on one of them adaptors please (online ordering prefered as I live in France!) Thanks a lot BenG
  12. BenG

Will a 50's JC Higgins withstand the "200° epoxy cooking"?

Hi all I just wanted to know if anyone knows with what old 50's JC Higgins were welded as I plan to have it painted with epoxy, meaning it will go in an oven at 200° (celsius) Thanks a lot Ben
  13. BenG

Any information on rat17 pictured on 'what's a rat rod?'

Hi where can I find information on the rat rod whose picture is titled rat17 on the 'what's a rat rod?' page, I believe the frame is a JC Higgins 1950's, can I find anything here? Thanks a lot BenG
Back