Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Boneshaker

basketball

Why in THE ^@%@$ are the refs NOT calling any fouls against UNC but smothering Duke with them????? :x :x :x
  2. Boneshaker

the Brass Monkey

Wish I woulda had more time......of course so does everybody else I'm sure! Well, I wish I wouldn't have been so busy then. Anyway, here it is.........you take a brass tank and throw on some apes, and that makes......the BRASS MONKEY!!!! Good Luck everybody!!!!
  3. Boneshaker

Does this count as a Rat?

Guess not....... :mrgreen:
  4. Boneshaker

3 speed questions

I got a SA 3 speed hub. The only thing is that I know absolutely nothing about them. How can I tell if it's working properly without mounting it?
  5. Boneshaker

A thing of beauty

I already posted it before, but it looked so nice today sitting in the back yard............... Plus you guys haven't seen it with the drop neck and now it's starting to build up just the right amount of rust. I love my bike.
  6. Boneshaker

Brass Monkey (new-old bars)

Yep, you read it right. Will post the pics when I get home later.
  7. Boneshaker

Phoney Baloney

Just picked up a new toy. A while back my friend Mike put this bike together as a daily rider, but he recently decided to go with a road bike and gave this to me. So I got to thinkin.......... I was gonna build a springer for it, and remembered that I had this one waiting on a new...
  8. Boneshaker

Scratch built springer question

Hey guys, my buddy wants to build a springer suspension for the front of his next bike. I've done it before with no problems. But he wants to utilize shock forks off of a mountain bike. As any body ever used a springer set up with suspended forks? Will this even work without some crazy flopping...
  9. Boneshaker

"Y" not??? UPDATE 1-8

Here's the first mock-up of the flip-frame I'm workin on. I've since modified the BB location and started on a tank for it.
  10. Boneshaker

Newsboy Special?

What do you guys think is a fair price for a Newsboy Special in decent shape ( oxidized paint, rusty handlebars, but ridden daily) Both fenders are there and seem to be in good shape.
  11. Boneshaker

THE GREEN HORNET

Well, at long last here it is. It started life as an el cheapo cantilever frame. I stretched it about 8 inches and flipped the top-half of the rear section. The tank was hand-made by me with a tear-drop mallet and planishing hammer. The springer front-end is scratch built, again by me. The...
  12. Boneshaker

Holdin' it down in NC

Hello all, I'm holding things down here in North Carolina where there seem to be a whopping total of ZERO custom bikes. But I'm doin' my thing! I'm going out right now to paint the wheels on my rat. Pictures up soon. It's stretched with a handmade tank and springer set-up.
Back