Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. druggedonions

Raleigh Jeep

Whilst I was visiting my favorite bicycle recycling centre last week I spotted this 1970s Raleigh. I had to pay £40 for it but I love the gold paint and the rake. Usually I manage to sweet talk them into selling stuff before it refurb'd but this had already been cleaned (it was covered in so...
  2. druggedonions

The Hangover Cure - Made in Scotland, Fae girders

What a sore head!! But it was so worth it! I have to admit I wasn't sure what I was letting myself in for at all when I entered, but it's been a blast. Following other folk's builds has been fun in the past when not taking part, but seeing them as friendly competition and being so inspired by...
  3. druggedonions

Endless Summers

My brother asked me to build a bike for his girlfriend. she liked the look of a fixed gear bike but as she lives in Edinburgh (lots of hills) she realised the desirability of some gears. The plan was to buy a F&S duomatic and a touring frame then build a bike with the fixie aesthetic but some...
  4. druggedonions

The Hangover Cure

I'm in with these. Probably shooting myself in the foot but I'm going to use a Schwinn frame. I've not decided on the front end yet. I love Rust Rocket Deluxe so I'm going to try and do a raked fork, with a fat rear tyre and a skinny up front. A skinny 26 x 1+⅜ and a fatter 24x3.0 And a new...
  5. druggedonions

Raliegh Bomber - Dennis the Menace

Used to admire these bikes as a kid and a month ago one came up on ebay. As I was looking for a bike to ride this summer I stumped up the cash. The last month I've been putting a little time in, mostly to get the wheels built and adding a few parts to get that BMX cruiser look. Here are some...
  6. druggedonions

Crow's foot lacing

After lacing a few wheels with 3 cross patterns I wanted to try something a bit different. After some browsing I decided to try this crow's foot pattern. I read up on it here. The instructions are pretty comprehensive but I thought some pictures would be useful. So here goes. The spoke lengths...
  7. druggedonions

Fitchel & Sachs Dreigang disassembly.

I thought I'd post pics of this hub I took apart recently. As I've posted elsewhere I thought/hoped it was a F&S Duomatic. When I took it apart I realised it wasn't. But it's a lovely piece of engineering. When I picked this hub up it felt really stiff. I decided I'd take it apart and have a...
  8. druggedonions

Rusty '60s Scwhinn

Bought this on eBay. The seller informed me it was a import he'd bought down in Devon from a shop who'd had it imported. I guess he'd left it outside for a while as it's well rusty. Also included was a Shimano Nexus 4-speed coaster, two Electra Hotster tyres and a Brooks saddle. Wheels need...
  9. druggedonions

Irn-Bru - my first build

After bemoaning the fact that we don't have many canti frames across here. I couldn't pass up the opportunity of buying one on ebay when it came up for auction. :mrgreen: What i got in the post was this No, no... not the lovely pink one at the back. The cream and blue frame in front. The...
  10. druggedonions

Classic British city bike

Here's a snap of my Dawes Aristocrat. A classic sit up and beg style bike from the 80s (I think). The LBS that origianally sold it is in town so I'm going to find out a bit more info. I picked the bike up on Freecycle from a lady who'd bought it for her husband, he didn't take to cycling, so it...
  11. druggedonions

Greetings from Scotland

Hello, I've been lurking round for a couple weeks, like a kid peering in a sweetie shop window. All the bikes on here look great. I've just bought an Electra Coaster in black, which looks cool. And I've got two other bikes, one a MTB, the other (I think) a 80s Dawes town/city bike. I live in a...
Back