Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

Green Machine

Thanks for the kind words. He does love it and it does look really good with the big tires on it. It does look like a tank bike. Very tough!
  2. B

Green Machine

The Green Machine is done. A little old school, a little rat, a little military all mixed in. We put cut down an old set of handlebars and wrapped them with tape. Then I made a pair of leather grips, but my son is thinking that maybe some ape hangers may not look to bad on it. It's an old...
  3. B

Green Machine

Shake Down Ride Couple more things and we'll be done. Keeping it simple.
  4. B

Green Machine

We have progressed some with the bike. Have the forks on and the back tire. Seat that we will be using.
  5. B

Green Machine

Got it painted. Hard to tell in the picture but it is Olive Drab Camo Green. Kind of a Military, Hot Rod, Rat theme. He loves the military so when we went to pick out the paint, he went to the camo section. We didn't remove all the old paint which was really messed up, so the new paint has...
  6. B

Green Machine

It's a little late to be entering, but this is a bike my son and I have been wanting to build for awhile now. We've had all the parts, and have mocked it up a couple of times, just never got around to finishing it completely. So now it's a repaint in the color he wants and a rush to get it...
  7. B

Electra Rat Fink

Thanks for the replies! I will try and go look at it!
  8. B

Electra Rat Fink

There is a first year Electra Rat Fink bike for sale on my local CL. I have not gone and looked at it, but it looks in good shape from the picture. He wants $ 300. What about it, is that a fair price?
  9. B

!!!! THE (UN)OFFICIAL BIKES FOR LADIES BUILD OFF !!!!

I finally had some time to start and take some pictures. This is an older Western Flyer we picked up last summer at a garage sale and my wife rode it for the summer. This gives me an opportunity to fix it up a little and have some fun. New wheels/tires, paint, but she likes the seat and...
  10. B

stripped and teased clone

Where did you get the rear tire?
  11. B

Fast Enough, After All...

Great job!! What a change! Should be a fun ride!!
  12. B

The Shadow

Love the paint job! Bike is amazing!!
  13. B

Rat Bobber

Thanks! When I bought it and got it home, I started looking at that piece on the back and thought it looked out of place. When I started this build, it was the first thing I did to the bike. I think that it looks so much better without it. "Fishtail" look is a good way to describe it. :lol...
  14. B

Easy Rider - Captain America Bike

Awsome!! Glad you got it done and the tank looks great on it!!!
  15. B

Rat Bobber

Well this is how it is going to be finished. The last bike I built was when I was 13, which is almost 30 years ago :shock: ! This has been a lot of fun and I have enjoyed watching all the builds, learning along the way. This bike is not as radical as some of the others, but I wanted a bike...
  16. B

Rat Bobber

The wrap on the handle bars is tape to wrap the handle of a baseball bat/hockey stick. I wanted the chrome parts black so instead of painting the entire piece, I wrapped the largest portion. The fork is painted at the ends and then wrapped in the middle. When I started to put this together...
  17. B

The Shadow

Looks good! Love the paint work!
  18. B

* Suicidal Tendencies * from Germany

That is KILLER!!! Love it!!! :D
  19. B

Rat Bobber

First chance I have had to get outside and take some pictures. Still considering the side panels but they may not happen. May call it finished.
Back