Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Budeebro1

9/24/59 Flamed Jaguar

Scored this today off eBay, local pickup. It has 2 speed automatic which needs overhauled I think, dont know much about them....yet. Just gonna wash it, regrease,replace a couple missin spokes, and ride. The flames were the selling point for me.One question on the bars, not sure if they are...
  2. Budeebro1

WTB Evans rear rack.

Looking for the mid 50s Evans square curved rack. Thanks !
  3. Budeebro1

Wards Hawthorne with Tomahawk Stem

Scored this today with a girls Warrior. Never seen a stem like this. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.
  4. Budeebro1

Painted Chrome Wheels ?

This wheel is off of a '48 Road Master and where the paint has peeled from it it looks like they are chrome. Is this something they did back then or am I just seeing things from lack of fresh air, lol. I bought the bike from the original owner last summer.
  5. Budeebro1

RoadMaster Sterling Score

Its been a long while since I've been on here but the bug has bitten again. Aquired the burgandy Roadmaster boys and the Sterling girls yesterday from the original owner. He said they were purchased around 1950 in upstate New York, I think he said Washington county, not positive but I am going...
  6. Budeebro1

Speed Flite

Bought this today before it became yard art for the junk shop owner. It says Speed Flite down the seat tube and that is the only markings on it. No headbadge and I forgot to look for a serial number. The rear hub is a bendix but it looks like a manual 2 speed I had but no place for a cable on...
  7. Budeebro1

Truing Stand

Me and the family were headed to Ashville (NC) yesterday and stopped by the flea market in my wifes hometown. The old guy said its a truing stand for a bicycle wheel and I could tell that it was a truing stand but from all the paint on it someone used it to paint wheels on it. I tried to find a...
  8. Budeebro1

Charlotte Trip

Me and the fam took off to the Charlotte Show today (Great job Ducan) And made an all day goof off trip of it. We took the back roads to avoid the race traffic and scored some cool stuff. About four or five miles from home the Mogo was setting beside the road for sale. Scored it for a Jackson...
  9. Budeebro1

57 Hi-Way Patrol

Got this off C-list yesterday. Its a C serial number which makes it a 57. The forks are tweeked a little but everything else is not too bad. The chain guard has an automatic oiler on it and if anyone has info I would muchly appreciate it. Also got a rack with it thats in good shape with a nice...
  10. Budeebro1

American 5/2/55

Bought this back in early fall and just now found my pictures. Found it on CL and the Dude said it was a 60's and he was about three sheets in the wind when I got there. It has the 2 speed Bendix and the Schwinn cantilever brakes with all the parts. the serial number is 39000 which I thought was...
  11. Budeebro1

Roadmaster Springer Forks

Afternoon, I have been offered a deal on a set of roadmaster forks but the headtube is long so I am assuming they are from a girls bike. My question is can they be cut down to fit a shorter headtube. They are the ones with the springs on each side and the truss rod is part of it , dont know if...
  12. Budeebro1

Need Help PLEASE

I have a guy locally wanting me to price this bike.I am into cruisers and don't know anything about these bikes and I will dance at your wedding if you will help me out here. Can someone please help, its a 24"and all original except for the front tire but its an old nylon chen shin.
  13. Budeebro1

Early Easter Present

Me and my Daughter were out yesterday thrift storin' and antiquin' and on the way back home got our nerve up to stop and ask about a girls bike we have seen for about two weeks in an old garage. When we pulled in we noticed two more bikes in there too. Knocked on the door and the dude said we...
  14. Budeebro1

intros

Hello, and the first thing I want to say is THANK YOU. This is the coolest forum I have had the pleasure of becoming a member of! Like the fact it is clean and my duaghter likes all the "cool bikes". I live in Newton,NC its a small town next to Hickory.I grew up in Boone,NC home of the ASU...
Back