Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Critter1

Tank for this girls frame..

Looking for a tank for this girls frame. Spaceliner, murray, etc. Thanks.
  2. Critter1

SF 59 Schwinn - good price

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/d/vintage-1959-schwinn-cruiser/6464376523.html
  3. Critter1

Schwinn Model B or C frame; prewar

Looking for another prewar Schwinn B or C model, frame only, with the straight down tube. Same as my Critter build; which was a 1936 B-model.
  4. Critter1

Schwinn Predator frame & fork 1982

Schwinn Predator frame, fork, headset, BB cups, Dyno laid back seat post & clamp. Good chrome. I put this one together for my son a while back. He’s outgrown it, and I’ve since cobbled parts off it anyway. I added the Schwinn decal, which is not correct for a Predator. $90 + shipping Justin
  5. Critter1

Motobecane leather saddle

Motobecane black leather saddle & guts. It’s used, but in great condition. Doesn’t appear to have ever been broken in. Has “Croupon Garanti” embossed. $40 shipped in the US Justin
  6. Critter1

Torpedo Light with Lens

Torpedo fender light with plastic lens. Straight with some chrome flaking. No corrosion in battery tray. $28 shipped in the US Justin
  7. Critter1

Worksman frame

Planning my next Klunker build and I want to use a Worksman Newsboy frame. I don't think the factory will sell me just the frame... Anyone? Thanks.. Critter https://www.worksmancycles.com/inb.html
  8. Critter1

~ CRITTER ~ 1936 Schwinn Klunker

Been a while since I've had a build thread so I figured, since I picked up this awesome 36' B-model straight bar, straight down tube Schwinn, I'd go ahead and document it. Been wanting to do a Klunker style build for a while now. So here goes.... This frame was an eBay score and you always take...
  9. Critter1

Tassajara / Sierra .. SSing the Fisher

CL score for $100.. Gary Fisher Tassajara and a Schwinn Sierra. Not bad!
  10. Critter1

41' Henderson straight bar

I had picked up a ladies Elgin a month or so ago from a guy deep in Marin county. When I picked it up I noticed 4-5 pre war Schwinn straight bar frames hanging in his shop. I took note..... Well, recently I decided to give him a call and see if he'd be willing to part with one, and he bit! Said...
  11. Critter1

Lady Elgin

Hey! I've been away from bikes for a while. Been spending my time building old VWs. I was recently asked to build a girls bike so I found this Elgin Burning Man special... I have a few questions before I get started. Hope you guys can help. This is obviously not the original fender. My...
  12. Critter1

Critter1 builds

I finally got around to starting a gallery of my builds. Click on the name for the build threads... if you wanna. :D 1940 Savage 1938 Savage 1946 Monark built Firestone Unknown Canti - "Albert" Schwinn Canti Klunker 1963 Columbia Newsboy Special RRBBO7 "LACKLUSTER" BO7 finished...
  13. Critter1

Winged Hawthorne // FINISHED with PICS!

I'm proud to be back in the Build Off again this year, and I'm looking forward to some amazing builds. The talent pool seems to get deeper and deeper every year. I picked up this prewar Hawthorne during last years build off and a certain member (I won't mention any names but his initials are...
  14. Critter1

44 Bikes

I stumbled across this thread in another forum. This guy - "44 Bikes" - has some amazing skills. On page 33 of the thread is more pics of this fat bike. http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112578 http://www.44bikes.com/
  15. Critter1

Rack question

This rack came on a Murray built Higgins girls bike. I was planning on straightening out this "bent rack" but I'm noticing no signs of wrinkles or tweaks. It seems odd to me that this would be a factory bend. Seems more like someone's big but was riding on it! So can someone tell me if this is...
  16. Critter1

JC Higgins blue step through

Local CL find I couldn't pass up. Very original Murray built Higgins down to the Sears Allstate tires and Comet coaster. I believe the seat is the only add on.. not quite sure on that though. Its missing the fender light. Can someone post a pic of the light that would have been on this fender...
  17. Critter1

How I widened the stays on a Columbia Newsboy Special

In light of all the RRBO talk about widening frames to fit bigger tires... I thought I'd share how I widened the stays on my RRBO7 Newsboy Special... Obviously not all frames are constructed the same, so this technique would only work on frames that have the "loop" type stays. This was...
  18. Critter1

"LACKLUSTER"

Well from the day I started my build I felt the pressure to get it done, get it done. Hey, its my first build off... Now I realize I can (kind of) put things on cruise control since there was obviously plenty of time to get things done. Either way, I'm just happy I finished and finished with the...
  19. Critter1

Hot mess Hawthorne

I'm in for Build Off #8!! Ha! Picked up this Hawthorne for $40 at a flea market in Diamond Springs on Father's Day. It's definitely a hot mess for sure!! But for the frame, sprocket, Bendix hub, & sweet patina basket... I think I got a deal. Yeah!!
  20. Critter1

>>>LACKLUSTER<<< Done.

I'm honored to finally be a part of a build off! I've sat back and watched the last two or three, and for one reason or another I just couldn't participate. I've put together a few builds here on the site and its nice to continue to get to know the members here. I hope by the end of BO7, I'll...
Back