Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. P

Cheap sweet Schwinn tee spotting!

I originally was looking for one shirt and found something even better. I heard about a road bicycle themed t-shirt at Target and went to go check it out yesterday and didn't find anything but saw an even sweeter shirt. I looked online but they don't list it there so your store may have it or...
  2. P

Bike show/swap WI

There's a bicycle show and swap meet in Neenah WI(30 miles south of Green Bay or about an hour north of Milwaukee) put on by a lbs. It should be a pretty good show and meet with the amount of vendors he has coming. It's free! Should be a beautiful day also!10am-4pm today Saturday Aug 28. Sorry...
  3. P

First road race ever today!

I participated in my first road race today. It was 90 miles around a local lake. Started at 6:10am and finished 10:52am (4h42min). I surprised myself since I'm not some hardcore road bike rider. I commute to work as much as possible with is 20 miles round trip but going from basically 10 miles...
  4. P

Wooden grips

I'm building a vintage style 20-30's road/track bike and looking for some wood grips. I've looked around on eBay and the closest thing I found was a foam grip with a wood grain on it. Basically like this. I checked Memory Lane but they didn't have any pictures of the ones they have and I'm...
  5. P

Raw Power

I've always wanted to do a bike with a raw finish paint job. The name is from a Iggy Pop song as I think the bike looks mean, raw, and fast. So I had a haggered AMF Hercules that the paint was complete trashed to use as a starting point. First I used some aircraft paint stripper but there was so...
  6. P

Wheels for those in need

I live in a smaller town so when you see someone standing on the side of the road holding up a sign with all his belongings next to him it kinda pulls on my heart strings. Long story short. Everyone here usually has a stockpile of bikes and we can only need so many. I don't really care what his...
  7. P

Another year older...

Turned the big three-one today. I do have to say it was a pretty good day. First ride of the year with my son and my brother to the LBS. Scored a free working bike off of CL and some cool bicycle related presents. I'm usually slow on the draw on free bikes on CL so I was pumped when he said it...
  8. P

Built in six minutes

I thought this was a really cool video for the DIY'ers. He also has a seven part series where he builds a frame from scratch. Very informative I thought for those thinking about trying to build their own brazed frame. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByLU1PuV ... re=related
  9. P

BSA Goldie

I've been searching for a BSA frame for awhile and found one cheap from a member here. It was just the frame and fork and headset. It's going to have a black and gold theme as BSA had their Goldstar bike. Since I don't have enough dough for a real Goldstar I'll build a fixie version of it. lol...
  10. P

PK ripper rap

I found this after someone posted up a link on another site I post on. Dudes are rapping about their Dyno's with black mags and the other guy is riding a PK Ripper. Wow... I'm not too much into rap anymore but I do have to say it's different. Not to many people rapping about bicycles...
  11. P

Nothing crazy but new to me!

Since I sold my Firestone Challenger boardtrack bike and my Roadmaster, two weeks ago to some fellow members. I was feeling lonely but wanted something a little nicer and wanted to try something different that I've wanted for awhile. My LBS (crankedbikestudio.com) had a 40% sale everything in...
  12. P

Mildly confused

I've been pondering on doing something with this frame. Nothing fancy...just a 80's Columbia cantilever frame. I was thinking of chopping it up but undecided if i wanted to or not. Then while looking around this morning at everybody else's projects. I got that itch that needed to be scratched...
  13. P

Madison WI 1-9-2010 swap meet!

The bee's knees, the cat's ... of swap meets in the midwest! Only a month away. Save your pennies and keep your reciepts to return xmas gifts to get some loot to spend here and get stuff you really want! lol. I've known the owner of the LBS in my town pretty much my whole life. He was telling me...
  14. P

Mach 5 project

So being I love Speed Racer, I was thinking of turning my Cleveland Welding into a Mach 5 inspired project. I was thinking of using a 70's AMF cruiser frame that I have being it's a little closer to the same time the cartoon would of been out but I love the lines of prewar frames over...
  15. P

boardtrack inspired Firestone Challenger

I picked up a bike for my wife originally and the guy had a Firestone frame and fork that I fell in love with. So forty dollars poorer in my wallet and I came home with a 53 Schwinn for my wife and a hacked up Firestone frame. For some reason the previous owner of the Firestone cut the right...
  16. P

Rat newb

Been into bikes since I can remember then once the license came. The bike was the last thing I was thinking about. Slowly but surely I was lured back from a voice in my head quite a few years later. Now I take my two year old on cruises around town with our trailer on my rod. It gets alot of...
Back