Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. thirstee

Twin Cities, MN. Vintage Bicycle Show & Swap 5/17/2015

Pioneer Cycle, 12741 Central Avenue Northeast, Blaine, MN 55434 ***Trophies for Best Original Bicycle, Best Restored Bicycle and People's Choice*** FREE swap space! FREE show entry! FREE admission! Lots of cool bikes & parts for sale! Show & Swap 9 am-2 pm. Vendor set up 8 am, no reservations...
  2. thirstee

H.P. Snyder built ?

Another re-post in the correct category since this one didn't exist when I originally posted. Large 24" frame(I can stuff 26" wheels in it). Previous postings lean toward hp snyder built. Chain ring looks BMX to me. The only other I have come across is this one on bmxmuseum.com Let me know...
  3. thirstee

Rollfast

Bump to revive this old thread. Still have yet to see another. Notice the top tube appears to extend through the seat tube. Also the lower top tube is singular up to the seat tube and does not continue past to form the seat stays. In the photo you can see many of the parts are not original...
  4. thirstee

Calling out to fellow Minnesotans

There has been an annual fall ride at Boom Island in Minneapolis in previous years. I would like to attend but cannot find any information about it. Maybe it's not happening this year.
  5. thirstee

C.W.C. (constructed without cash) Hour late and a link short

Yeah another CWC...ya'll help me choose between the '46 or the '50. I'm leaning toward the '46. The fork fits either. The rest will fall into place. This will be a low budget build as I've recently been laid off. Luckily I have some parts I collected when times were better for me. Nonetheless, I...
  6. thirstee

Tire pump

I need a new tire pump. I've had them all before, foot, hand, compact. I'm just curious what everyone has to say about it.
  7. thirstee

Northern Tool bike repair stand

Purchased online and it was shipped free to the store. Out the door for a grand total of $44.98! 12 month warranty so save that receipt just in case. These silly bolts with plastic wing nuts will need to be replaced. Ball lock pin allows height adjustment. Handy lil tool tray is an added...
  8. thirstee

RRB Newsletter

How did I miss this? :roll: How do I sign up?
  9. thirstee

Kultured

I wanted this bicycle to look like it was someone's old custom found in a barn years later. Most of the parts are in fact barn fresh and still have cob webs, dirt, crusty bits and patina intact! Here's a link to the build. viewtopic.php?f=55&t=40837
  10. thirstee

Kultured

Better late than never!
  11. thirstee

Mysterious 22" s-5 wheels

I acquired a handful of miscellaneous parts from a former stingray collector. Three of the wheels are approximately 18" in diameter and I can read "Schwinn s-5" stamped into one rim so far. After checking Sheldon Brown's charts, I decided they must take 22"tires. The charts also mention "Rare...
  12. thirstee

Expense

I am curious why most of the finds posted do not include the price that was payed? I always include the cost and can't comprehend why anyone wouldn't. Unless one is embarrassed or ashamed of the expense. Perhaps one wishes it to be kept secret? I inquire because this is one aspect I find most...
  13. thirstee

Stumped!

Picked this up today. I have no clue what it is. Heavy duty spokes, small chainring, Bendix 76 rear hub, Shimano front hub. The head badge was extremely hard to photograph but I believe it says "Trail Mate"? It kind of looks like a Worksman or something similar. I can't seem to find a serial...
  14. thirstee

Thunder Jet

I don't know much about this one. Manufacturer, Year, etc. Head badge says "Chain Bike Corp." Early Ross? Serial # 5674321. Bullet hole in tank really sets it off! No exit hole and no slug, but a nice dent on the other side. I think I will give this one just enough attention to make it ride-able...
  15. thirstee

What is it?

Going to check this one out tomorrow and wondering what it is. I've never seen a frame like this. It looks pretty interesting to me, if the price is right I'll post more details later.
  16. thirstee

Recent Finds

Went to look at a 1947 J.C. Higgins but the owner tried to talk me into restoring it for her after deciding not to sell it?! I declined and bought the Hiawatha instead. Fell in love with the mudflap! Almost every component has been repainted. Not sure what year or model, thinking early 50's...
  17. thirstee

Spitfire

1950 Schwinn Spitfire. The seller wanted $20. Turns out this guy wanted an old rusty bicycle to lean against his old rusty truck so he could look at them in the yard. This one wasn't rusty enough! It's pretty awful in my opinion. Had to have it! Missing pedals, seat, stem, what else? He gave me...
  18. thirstee

Rollfast

A recent $25 investment. I don't think the fenders, chain guard, fork and wheels are original. House paint brushed on the fenders and chain guard. New Departure Model D hub. Nice tread on the tires, Sears Allstate and a General with the leftover rubber still on the center of the tread! Year...
  19. thirstee

Found in snowbank

In front of a house. I saw the handle bar and seat poking out the top as I drove by. I went up to the house and knocked, "not our bike", mine now! The snowbank was thawing around it and I had to pull it out! BF Goodrich Schwinn. Model? Serial # h98517. 1951? Key broken off in fork. New...
  20. thirstee

chrome removal

I have a set of rims with really rusted out chrome(pitting and flaking). The chrome is not salvageable as I can remove much of it with my fingernail. I've been trying to grind it off with my wire wheel to no avail. The bad spots come off easy but some of it is really stubborn. Small patches here...
Back