Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Cafe?? not sure

thank you sir!! the seat brace(top) will be covered when i fab the seat, kinda like having an under-hang, this will line up with the mid bar. if in the future i find a skinny shock that will go to the seat brace(slant/vertical), i will modify the seat brace to move, bolt and plastic washer by...
  2. S

Cafe?? not sure

got motivated again, started the built again. it looks like i don't need to move the crank after all. just 3-4 inches thick of foam seat will raise me and have a good pedalling position. just for test, i put a folded towel :) anyways, still long way to go, also need something to change...
  3. S

Cafe?? not sure

thanks for the tips again!!! i will sure move the cranks a little forward, to keep the seat in the same place that i wanted, that means more grinding again :oops: . wolfman, that seat to crank distance you point out is the best pedalling position, but i really wanted the seat in that spot...
  4. S

Cafe?? not sure

thank you for the response guys!!! anyways, some crappy update on the built. at this point, it looks like its steering away from cafe. it seems cafe and comfortable pedaling doesn't mix. I manage to rake it, but ended up a little much from regular rake(compare to the firestone). It is really...
  5. S

my first build

looks good pare!!!! i bet you can't leave that un-attended there, or it'll be gone in a sec.
  6. S

Not Just Another Gender Bender

mann!!!! i soo envy how you make the joints so clean!!!! grinding takes forever!!!! top notch built here!!!!!
  7. S

My first custom build! Not my first bike.

nice built!!!! i'm looking for a similar fork, but i wanted the ones with clamps for handle bar, no stem. i spy a ghia!! 8) and is that a ruckus in there???? 8) 8) 8)
  8. S

Cafe?? not sure

thanks for the idea sir!! i will go that route, but will prolly tweek the design of the seat. its going to kinda look like a cafe seat, but i have still need to figure out how to make it proper and all.
  9. S

Josephine gets a markeover - becomes CRANKY!!

that is so true. sorry, no offense too. but with the fresh, clean, shiney paint, it tooks out the steampunkish vibe that amazed me when i first saw Josephine.
  10. S

Cafe?? not sure

thank you sir for the tip. i screwed up when i put the mid bar, i thought it would be fine looking like fast stance. i'll bust out the grinder and rake it a bit tomorrow.
  11. S

Cafe?? not sure

I just wanna bring up whats keeping me busy right now. Still not sure what the end up would be, i don't even know what to name her(suggestions???) i'm just seeing it and doing it randomly. lol!! i wanted to have a close lenght with regular bike, but low, then i wanted to ride- biker's normal...
  12. S

hairpin seats, real leather, $30. Opinions?

for a 145lbs guy like me its just right. got a slight springy action from the leather itself when i hit bumps, which i like. after staring a it for a long time, it looks too long. I decided and modify it today. shorten it 2 inches. i may have to do some bending to make the leather seat...
  13. S

★show off your new RRB decal!!★

steupid me, i can't find this thread :D , now i found it :lol: and on my car's fairing :D sweeeeeett!!!!!!!!!!
  14. S

ANOTHER RAT BEATER!!! NEW PIC 4/28

yeah, kinda look odd on that red color. have you thought about primer color paint?? like the red oxide primer, or stained white??? anyways, its a ratrod bike, its anything goes!! :D
  15. S

ANOTHER RAT BEATER!!! NEW PIC 4/28

Re: ANOTHER RAT BEATER!!! NEW PIC 4/27 nice find!!! nice beater!!! but here or to me its a jewel!!! prolly a coat of clear satin paint can preserve it.
  16. S

Helmet check

found the website, http://www.yakkay.com/ some caps looks oddly big, but some looks good. looks easy to copy and modify my kid's skates/bike helmet and put a 1 up cap size to it :wink:
  17. S

Helmet check

http://springwise.com/style_design/stylish_helmets_for_urban_cycl/ i still don't know how they can make this with enough cushion/padding and making it look proportion to our head :?
  18. S

start of the gender bending

just a little update on the built :) bondoed the weld and smoothen out, still not good but it will do. spray bomb it with gray primer, then used the left over gloss white paint on the front. also got the reverse brake lever from BeatCad(thanks again), but will prolly modify the original...
  19. S

SAMSCO - Hot Red Hot Rod Bike FINISHED 11/27

I like the stance on your bike!! it looks soo fast in the 50's!!! :D i am also going for this look on my built, hopefully i could find some deals in the future. i love the stem!!!
  20. S

THANKS FOR THE ATTITUDE!

thanks for this forum!!! i'm still a newbee, with lots of question thats been discussed before, but i don't receive any newbee killer comment. all i get are straight answer and nice recomendation. thank you!!! i love it here!!!
Back