Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Sinner4

Gender Changed Hiawatha

Built up a few years ago, just finished. with a few more on the way And a couple more I'm working on
  2. Sinner4

Schwinn Home Grown???

What do you think? Sweetspot? Same thing? Anyway, kind of a C/L Find. Went to grab a set of disc wheels and a little extra cash took the frame. Looks like a repair has been done, But it looks build-able. http://forums.mtbr.com/mongoose-schwinn/homegrown-pictures-corner-542741.html
  3. Sinner4

My Gaggle of....... Proflex's

This what I have so far. Five of the units. They range from good shape to poor. One rider as of now. The Red 855 polymers decided to melt last year, so its out of commission for now. Just bought the Blue 854 and just it running. Added springs front and rear from what I had in the parts...
  4. Sinner4

How in the world does this happen????

Top tube rusted away.... What the Hey??? If that is rusted away, I was figuring that all mechanicles would be rusted for ever. The head set and BB are OK. So here is what is left of this Columbia.. Could or should it be saved?? I picked this up from another bike flipper, older retired guy...
  5. Sinner4

Raleigh Technium (White Out)

Picked up this frame a while back, Craigslist for $20 big ones. I started to build this one on and off for about 2 years. Just about every time I started I had a set back. Just to find parts for this odd ball bike. My plan was to add as much white as I could, make it a full white out...
  6. Sinner4

WINTER BUILD OFF "The Shelby"

Picked up this bike about 3 years ago, been outside almost ready to hit the scrap yard. The thing is, I hardly toss anything out. The wheels are toast, so new wheels are in order. So yesterday I was already to start, the frame was pink, removed some paint and it became red and then bare...
  7. Sinner4

Three Bikes Under The Knife Today

Oh boy I have too many projects under the way and I started 3 today. First is a Ross Central Park. Twin Top Tube Canti frame from another Rat Rodder. So I went to sand the frame and it broke. Under the two colors of primer and rust the seat stays had been rewelded. No fixing these, to much...
  8. Sinner4

Kulana MoonDog 7 Attitude Adjustment to Rat Rod

Found this thing on C/L for the whopping sum of $15. Picked it up at 1:30 today. By sundown I had it disassembled, cut up sanded and repainted. The C/L picture, this thing needs a change. An attitude change from a mundane cruiser to one with an attitude.. And what it should look like, Orange
  9. Sinner4

raleigh technium cantilever brakes

Last year I picked up a Raleigh Technium frame set. It looked like a nice bike to build, But I have ran in a lot of problems with it. First it used U-Brakes, ok got them installed. Next I was going to change to V-Brakes up front. found the bolt stuck in the brake post. With that removed...
  10. Sinner4

Skp tooth ladys frame

Going to build another gender change, not sure of the frame and going to part the rest out.
  11. Sinner4

Schwinn [9six] ID

Schwinn 9 six is all I know. looking at Google and I can find a few pics but no info on it at all. Bike Pedia isn't listing it. Looking who might have sold it and the MSRP on it. Either Cosco or a Schwinn dealer. Picked up up the frame from the local Bike Co-Op her in town. Took me 10...
  12. Sinner4

My Franken Bikes

Starting a thread to show off the my Franken Bikes. Some are done and some I have started and still need to finish. I have to many projects going to finish one at a time. Tall Bikes. Built 3, number one and three. I have had 37 people ride it, and they have never seen one before. A tall...
  13. Sinner4

Sinister by Sinner4

Sinister by Sinner4....... Well that's about it. Just had hernia surgery on Monday and the Doc said no lifting over 10 pounds for 6 weeks. So I'm out of work for 6 weeks also. So All I can do is sit and wait. My plan was to take a frame, just a junk frame that has no historical...
  14. Sinner4

Vintage Board Track Vid

Found this on the U Tube. Cool vintage footage and still photo's http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fv ... V5yfY&NR=1
  15. Sinner4

Balance Killer B BMX

So this guy brings this over, hand him cash and I'm a new owner of the Aluminum 20 inch BMX. Looks like it won the 1994 best bike award from the ABA. So do I have any thing good? Good price fixed up? Sure it needs tires grips and cables.
  16. Sinner4

Huffys in the desert

Went for an off road ride today. The Cranbrook and an older Huffy ATB that the G/F son rode. Was wondering how the newly rebuilt cruiser would handle the off pavement excursion. Gearing a bit high to climb the hills, but down hill it did quite well. If I had the stock Cranbrook today, I...
  17. Sinner4

Mens Cranbrook Reconfigure

Working on a bare frame I picked up from some where. I have no coaster 26 and no desire to return it to stock configuration. So, front forks from a next mtb, bars from an old woman's Murry 10 atb. Since the coaster wheel is being changed to a single speed free wheel BMX cog I had to weld in...
  18. Sinner4

Rat Rod Super Springer

Finally found the picture hidden deep in my computer. This is one I have wanted to build for a while. Leaf springs from a truck "Super springer" This could be a members bike, I don't know where I found the picture..... Anyone else built one?
  19. Sinner4

Schwinn Mesa Runner

Found this one on C/L last night. Thought it was a road bike on line but turns out to be a rare Schwinn 10 speed. Not mint but a cool find anyway. An 84' - 85'??? The Mesa Runner and the Sidewinder..... Witch is the better bike?
  20. Sinner4

Six in a Barn

My fresh find in a while, well not me, a local scraper finds them for me. Scraping in a small town out west and delivered to my front yard for $10 each. Kinda hard to beat that. Two kids bikes, one 20 incher and a 24 incher. Two 10 speed Spirits, and the two real finds....... Raleigh 3 speed...
Back