Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. RCain

No one knows what this looptail is.

Definitely not Webco. If I had to take a wild guess i'd say it was an early 90's Mongoose Solution that someone welded an extra bar into.
  2. RCain

BEST TRICK CONTEST?

One footed peace sign wheelie on the Laguna cruiser.
  3. RCain

26" Littlejohn Fireroad Cruiser

Very cool!
  4. RCain

show off your looptails!

'76 Webco Mono. '76 CYC Stormer. '02 Azusa 24"
  5. RCain

BEST TRICK CONTEST?

No footed peace sign wheelie, Laguna cruiser. Fence ride, very old school bmx, '70 Rollfast Scoot. My son Cam is the stunt rider.
  6. RCain

Motomag

Very nice!
  7. RCain

Need WTB Mongoose Motomag parts

It def. is a goose! It should be a "C" not a "G". (Possibly CI3****, making it Sept. '83.) That rear drop out style was introduced on the 83 model. Also, the Motomag wheel was discontinued after '82 so it wouldn't have been a stock item on your '83.
  8. RCain

Looking for a YO! Stem

Glad I could help :-)
  9. RCain

Some of what I have collected over the years.

Thanks for the comments guys! The "RAD" poster I picked up on ebay about 10 years ago. super hard to find an original anymore, but I recently saw that someone is making and selling repros. The OG BMX Bandits poster is even harder to come by as it was never released in theaters in the U.S., I...
  10. RCain

1978 Laguna 3 bar cruiser, the only non original, restored bmx bike I own. 1976 model, Jan, '77 stamped "Extra gusset" Mongoose. Every part on this bike is original from the factory The last of its kind, Feb. of '77 saw the extra gusset dropped and the Motomag I's were replaced with the MM II...
  11. RCain

This is the majority of my completes. Most have been posted individually on other sites but this is the first time they have been seen all together. 1978 Roger DeCoster, Motomag II wheels. 1975 (First Gen.) CYC Stormer. 1975 (First Gen.) Matthews MS-1 Monoshock. All original finish and...
  12. RCain

The CL Add showed two 20" wheels & shifter amongst some junk

Being as he said he converted his muscle bike over to bmx and the shifter is Iverson, there is a really good chance that those are Iverson Mags. Iversons look very very similar and came out before Webco. (I'd have to do a little research but I'm pretty sure that all of the Webco mags say Webco...
  13. RCain

Am I crazy? BMXs

I'm mostly bmx crazy and have been for a quite a while now. 12 complete bmx bikes reside in my 10'x12' home office. My addiction has only recently turned to include the cruisers/rats. My grandson is 7, races bmx and loves to ride, he rides his race bike or one of the vintage bmx bikes with me on...
  14. RCain

A MATTHEWS FROM MATTHEWS

Since you got it from Cash, I'm sure you know exactly what you have. A nice condition complete survivor, mostly OG, 1st gen. Matthews. There are only a handful of those in collectors hands! To find a frame is pretty uncommon, to find one complete is very rare. Congrats on a great pickup. That...
  15. RCain

Hutch

Weep holes behind the bottom bracket on the chain stays + the "M" as the first digit in the S/N. make it a Japanese built "Pro Raider". Not too up on Hutch serial numbers but I'd guess '85.
  16. RCain

Old School BMX Webco Survivor find

Most excellent!!! I'd love to find a set of Webco mags to replace these.
  17. RCain

Mongoose Moto-Mag. early 80's?

That frame was made from '81 to '83. Serial # will pinpoint it.
  18. RCain

Nickel Plated vintage Mongoose BMX find...

Yes, 1979. C = Chatsworth Ca. (City of manufacture.) E = May (Month of manufacture.) 9 = 1979 (Year.) The numbers that follow those are the frames actual production # . which will give you a good idea of how many frames BMX Products (Mongoose's parent company.) made. I'm guessing yours is...
  19. RCain

Nickel Plated vintage Mongoose BMX find...

Very nice, That frame was made from '77 to around '81. S/N will tell you the year. First letter will be a "C", the second is the month code, and the 3rd digit is the last number in the year it was produced. Look like it has some nice parts on it too. Cool pick up!
  20. RCain

Super Rare Find! 1982 NOS WEBCO 26" BMX F/F!

I have a complete (I believe it's an '82) Emory Webco 20" survivor, I've never seen another, and a far as I knew Rips' was the only other 26"cruiser until this one. Cool story about getting it from Emorys owner. I'd probably hold off on removing the chain guard tabs, but thats just me. Like was...
Back