Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. NLCTVWguy

70s 10 speed in vintage photo

From about 1975 or 76 in my city. Think the 10 speed in this photo is an early Fuji? Tell me your thoughts. The outdoor shopping mall here was created in 1972 and torn up, turned back into a city street in 1988 (after most of the businesses closed.) The photo just surfaced on a historical FB...
  2. NLCTVWguy

Moon Over River Rats

This summer, riding on the piers of our city's Waterfront Park, 2 rats and the rising full moon. This was taken in New London, Connecticut, facing east over the Thames River. Bikes are a West Coast Choppers Limited custom 3-speed, owned by Josh Haysliip, and Ground Zero, a custom tall chopper...
  3. NLCTVWguy

NERRB: Bike New London custom bike ride June 27th, CT

We've got our community bike shop up and running now in downtown New London. Thought we'd invite everyone to check it out and go for a fun easy ride around town too. Saturday, June 27th 2015, at 2PM, we're getting together at Bike New London's shop: 310 State Street, New London, CT 06320 for...
  4. NLCTVWguy

Quick Turnaround Huffy Good Vibrations commuter

A friend of ours has been giving us a hand with major house projects this summer. He's been in between regular jobs and hasn't had much luck finding anything that pays a living wage around here or gives enough hours. His bike has been his lifeline, and he's had several that I've helped him...
  5. NLCTVWguy

What chu doin June 30th? Connecticut!

Attention New England Rat Rod Bikers! Sunday June 30th, Noon to 3: BIKE FEST NEW LONDON! This is our FIFTH annual show and safety event on New London's Waterfront Park! Join us for all sorts of 2-wheeled good times! Download the flyer HERE...
  6. NLCTVWguy

What's up with S-2 and S-7 wheel sizes anyway?

Originally posted in a Swap Meet thread by Iven. I moved it here as a better place for the discussion. Please feel free to join in with all Schwinn tire sizing questions regarding S-2 balloon tires, S-7 middleweight tires, S-5/S-6 lightweight tires, as well as dimensional tire information...
  7. NLCTVWguy

Ladies Ross?

This one is at our local coffee shop. I just talked to the owner and he said all he did was paint it black, doesn't know anything of its history. The frame looks like a Ross, but other details look like Murray or Hawthorne. Could be I'm just looking at the sprocket and getting confused. Can...
  8. NLCTVWguy

Not my 48 any more

Last year I picked up this interesting Schwinn ladies ballooner badged as an "ACE" from a local guy. The usual story, too many bikes, cleaning out the garage. I got it for a good price but it would need a lot to be rideable or to restore. I figured I'd hold onto it for trade or till...
  9. NLCTVWguy

Xmas Ornaments

Hi folks, With the holidays here I thought I would show off some ornaments I just made. These are made of copper wire, soldered together. Different gauges make the rims, frame, bars and spokes. They're a little crude but very nice looking from a few feet away. They're going on a Victorian...
  10. NLCTVWguy

Crushing news for cycling

The Lance Armstrong saga is not "new" news, but some details of the investigation are released today. As more information comes to the surface, it seems we keep learning more bad things about these heroes of the sport. Today's article...
  11. NLCTVWguy

Now I'm Deaf

Well, it may not be that bad, or that permanent, but tonight I got a real serious wakeup call while replacing a tire on my 1964 Schwinn "Rat Racer". I had these cheap IRC (Indonesia Rubber Co.) tires on it, and always had problems with beads. Finally a rear blew partly off the rim and tore the...
  12. NLCTVWguy

█SEPTEMBER 1st █ BIKE FEST █ New London CT

That's right, New England Rat Rodders! It's Bike Fest time again! Coming up faster than a board tracker on a long downhill... Saturday, September 1st, 2012... On the Waterfront Park piers... New London, Connecticut! Noon to 3:00PM Kustom Bike Show... Rat Rodders show off their creations...
  13. NLCTVWguy

Never saw this one coming-!

No, nothing bad happened to me! Just a pre-season car show at our local beach. My 1970 Bus made for 2 VW's at the show. Other oddities that departed from the usual Chev-Ford-Dodge fare included not one but TWO Citroen Deux Chevaux's (Deux Deux Cheveaux?), a Fiat 850 Spyder, a pair of...
  14. NLCTVWguy

Spring Cleaning Ride this weekend: New London, CT

Hello Bike New London friends! I wanted to remind everyone that our first group ride of 2012 is coming up this weekend! Sunday April 22nd at 2:00PM we will be meeting at the Bean & Leaf, 13 Washington St, New London, for what we call: "Spring Cleaning!" Weather permitting we will ride from...
  15. NLCTVWguy

BIKE New London Events

Greetings New England Rat Rodders and our cycling friends wherever you may be! BIKE NEW LONDON announces our event calendar for 2012! Hope you are able to make it to the Connecticut shore for some of our rides and special events. Saturday March 31st: Bike Share Bike Build Day: Join our...
  16. NLCTVWguy

RRBBO7: Upping the Ante

Hello Rat Rod friends- I want to let everyone know that I will be providing a prize for this year's Build Off. I was inspired by the little graphic on the Pedal Power Speedforum shirt. On the side of the shirt, there is a little skull-n-crossbones made from a clover sprocket and 2 wrenches...
  17. NLCTVWguy

-★- Ground Zero -★-

Finally I can call Ground Zero a finished bike. I don't think it will ever truly be done, as I'm sure I will tweak things here and there for a different look or function. For now I'm going to enjoy it as a complete rideable bike, and have myself a cold one! 8) I'd like to say, there is so...
  18. NLCTVWguy

Just Announced! Mystic, Connecticut Sept 11, 2011

Mystic Seaport, the museum of American and the sea, has just announced an addition to their summer calendar that we're all going to enjoy! First annual Antique Bicycle Show Mystic Seaport (http://www.mysticseaport.org/ ) will be hosting an Antique Bicycle Show and swap meet on Sunday, Sept...
  19. NLCTVWguy

Case of mistaken identity

Big thumbs up to the guys from Behind Bars... though we haven't met, I liked the club shirts so much I had to have one. So I'm at my little 'hood convenience store- which happens to be the place I recovered a stolen bike last week - and waiting out front for my wife to come out, a woman...
  20. NLCTVWguy

August 6th - Custom Bike Show - Connecticut

Greetings Rat Rodders! You're all invited to show off your best classic, restored, and custom bikes at BIKE FEST 2011 presented by Bike New London! Saturday, August 6th, 2011, from 12 to 3 PM- Bike Fest 2011 will feature vintage bikes... Cruisers... Custom jobs... Rats! Bring...
Back