Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. jerrykr

Latest Ride Video - Slow Spokes DFW

We missed you Steve - It wasn't THAT Cold! Ha!
  2. jerrykr

This looks like a mighty cool ride

Rat Rod - get one and review it..... http://www.electrabike.com/bikes/cruiser/moto-3i?g=mens
  3. jerrykr

Need Coaster Brake Advice

Need advice. I have a cruiser with a Falcon FC-E10 (sez so on the brake arm) coaster brake. It works well, problem is it "growls" when coasting. Sounds like a fender brace is rubbing the tire. If you press back just a hair like you are going to apply the brake it quiets down. The brake works...
  4. jerrykr

Latest Ride Video

Slow Spokes DFW classic bike and cruiser club. Dallas- Ft Worth Area.
  5. jerrykr

Not a "How To" but an exercise in problem solving

So this 20 in. Hummer H2O is left on my doorstep. I call around and cannot determine where it came from. I checked for "stolen bike" listings on Craigs, and actually called my local PD to see if they had a report. No dice, so after leaving it visible on my front walk a couple days, decided it...
  6. jerrykr

Wal Mart is starting to get it right!

One bike spotted at my local wally world.
  7. jerrykr

Bike Ride Video at the Beach in Santa Barbara

We had a great afternoon on rented bikes. Highly recommended! Enjoy.
  8. jerrykr

Slow Spokes DFW ride

It was HOT, but the Spokes were out at Arlington TX. River Legacy Park for the July Cruiser Ride and some Watermelon. Here's a Video -----
  9. jerrykr

Slow Spokes - DFW - Parade of Lights Ride - Dec. 6, 2014

Here's a video I put together of all the great looking bikes and people who were in the Parade.
  10. jerrykr

Made in China

Wonder just how many Bicycle (and parts) manufacturers there are in China? Page after page! http://www.made-in-china.com/manufacturers/bicycle.html (Please forgive if this has already been posted).
  11. jerrykr

Hand Cleaner

I painted my BBQ grill today with some high-heat oil based paint. I got most of it on the grill, but some wound up on my hands. I went looking for something to clean off the paint spots. When I was a kid, about all we had was gasoline, and leaded at that. Surprised I'm still around ;). I...
  12. jerrykr

CL was crazy busy yesterday (Sunday).

Really nice weather in DFWLand yesterday. Listed 5 bikes in 3 ads for sale. Text msgs came in fast and furious all afternoon. Was hard to keep up with it all. Sold 3 bikes, and 2 junker BMXs are spoken for next Sat. Best day I've ever had flipping bikes.
  13. jerrykr

Went Dumpster Shopping last nite

Behind a LBS. About half of the tubes are keepers.
  14. jerrykr

Cheap Bike Cleaner

I flip a lot of bikes, so they are mostly relatively new box store bikes. One thing I can say for these cheap BSO's (bicycle shaped objects) is that the paint/graphics on them is very good and durable. You might not want to take this advice on your older vintage Schwinn where the graphics are...
  15. jerrykr

We rode the Bridge in San Francisco - Video

If you are ever out there, this is a great ride, and not all that expensive. .
  16. jerrykr

Slow Spokes DFW had a great ride in 4th of July Parade

Video now posted in "Events'. http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/slow-spokes-dfw-july-2014-cruiser-ride-%E2%80%93-arlington-4th-of-july-parade.84844/
  17. jerrykr

Slow Spokes DFW club is growing

The club had it's largest turn out yet in June for the monthly ride at River Legacy Park in Arlington, Tx. Check out the June Ride video. http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/slow-spokes-dfw-cruiser-bicycle-ride-6-21-2014-at-10-30-am.84124/ .
  18. jerrykr

First real ride on the Moto Fat

19. jerrykr

Better Way to Install ERGO Grips

*IF* you have hand brakes --- Install them backwards. Seems crazy, but they support the Palm of your hand instead of the Heel of your hand, way more comfortable if you have hand brakes. No Hand Brakes -- install as usual. .
  20. jerrykr

My Moto finally arrived!

Motobecane FB4 Comp. I have it about 99% assembled. Only part missing is a chain master link, and I don't have one for a 3/32 chain. Front 100mm wheel and 4 in. tire - VERY un-scientific lift test, I bet this is about 1/2 the weight of the Beast/Dolo wheel/tires!
Back