Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. GameBent

Awesome Custom Dyno Ultra Glide GT Cruiser - New Belgium Fat Tire Theme

For sale is a rare Dyno Ultra Glide cruiser bicycle. This awesome bike was made when Dyno was still part of GT Bikes, so it's around 15 years old. However, it's in pristine condition, with only a couple small scratches on the frame by the rear wheel and rust on the sprocket. Otherwise, it's in...
  2. GameBent

Penny Farthing 48"

I recently acquired a sweet reproduction Penny Farthing with a 48-inch front wheel. This boneshaker is a thing of beauty and it attracts tons of attention wherever I go! Here I am riding it on the boardwalk in San Diego: Here is a pic of me in the St. Patty's Day Parade: And here is a shot...
  3. GameBent

Unique Electra Super Deluxe

I'm a big Electra fan, and this unique Super Deluxe is my fourth Electra cruiser. It is a company one-off that was made to see what the color scheme looks like in person. Since they didn't produce this color scheme, there are only two in existence; one men's and one women's. I really like the...
  4. GameBent

EBF Group Cruise in San Diego on 10/21

Fall is coming, but it's still warm and sunny here in SoCal! Come out and join fellow bike-minded people for the October EBF group bike ride around Coronado Island! We start across from the airport and ride down to the Ferry, then take the Ferry over to the beautiful island of Coronado and ride...
  5. GameBent

Steampunk Lands at Tour de Fat 2012 San Diego

I threw this Skycaptain costume together using clothes from resale shops and mostly bike parts. I think it turned out pretty good. Tour de Fat was awesome and over 3,000 people attended! I'm a New Belgium fan for life!
  6. GameBent

Looking for info on this Monark Firestone cruiser

I'm guessing that this is a restoration, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know if this Firestone cruiser looks original? I've never seen it in this color scheme. Is it worth $800?
  7. GameBent

One-of-a-kind Electra Super Deluxe

I'm a big Electra fan, and this unique Super Deluxe is my fourth Electra cruiser. It is a company one-off that was made to see what the color scheme looks like in person. Since they didn't produce this color scheme, there are only two in existence; one men's and one women's. I really like the...
  8. GameBent

Custom Electra Balloon Townie 8i

A friend asked me to customize his Electra Balloon Townie 8i, and here's the result. I decided to make it look more like a cruiser, so I made several changes including: Electra handlebars, dice valve caps, saddle, bell and grips, Nirve headlight, Soma tail light, custom painted fenders, generic...
  9. GameBent

Columbia RX-5 in SoCal

I wanted to keep my Columbia RX-5 as close to stock as possible, but it's too hard to pedal. I decided to switch the Bendix single-speed hub to a Bendix red-band 2-speed kickback hub, and now it's so much more fun to ride! I also changed the headlight to a more appropriate one and added a...
  10. GameBent

What is this Bendix hub worth?

I want to sell a Bendix single-speed hub from a Columbia RX-5 that is in great shape with excellent chrome and no chipping along with all 36 spokes needed to mount it to a rim. The spokes are in perfect condition. What do you think would be a good price for the combo?
  11. GameBent

EBF Anniversary Ride in San Diego on June 24th

EBF Anniversary Coronado Ride. Yes… can you believe that May marked the first year of the first EBF Ride! Starting with just 8 to 10 riders we have grown to an average 50 to 80 riders each month. Warm weather is in the air and so are great times ahead. There will be giveaways and prizes so come...
  12. GameBent

Pics from the recent EBF group ride in San Diego

Here are a few pics from our recent Earth Day EBF group ride in Pacific Beach, Ca. 84 people attended the ride on bikes from Electra, Dyno, Schwinn, Nirve, Basman, and various stretch brands.
  13. GameBent

EBF Group Ride in San Diego on April 22th

San Diego has beautiful weather, so why not join a bunch of 'bike-minded' people for a group ride in April? The EBF monthly ride has been going on for close to a year now and averages 30-50 riders of all ages. Anyone with a positive attitude is welcome to ride any non-motorized bike they choose...
  14. GameBent

EBF Group Ride in San Diego on March 25th

San Diego doesn't have much of an organized cruiser scene, so why not join a bunch of 'bike-minded' people for a group ride in March? The EBF monthly ride has been going on for close to a year now and averages 30-50 riders of all ages. Anyone with a positive attitude is welcome to ride any...
  15. GameBent

Vinegar rust removal question

I want to soak a Dyno chainring in white vinegar to remove some rust. It's the solid, grooved chainring with black paint around the periphery. Will the vinegar affect the paint in a negative way? Do you have any suggestions for a better method that doesn't include harsh chemicals? Thanks in advance!
  16. GameBent

Any news on Kickstand Magazine

It's been nearly six months since the last issue of Kickstand Magazine. Just curious to know if they're still around. Has anyone spoken to or written to any Kickstand employees lately?
  17. GameBent

Group Ride in SD on Feb 12 - EBF - Link to over 80 pics

San Diego doesn't have much of an organized cruiser scene, so why not join a bunch of 'bike-minded' people for a group ride in Feb? The EBF monthly ride has been going on for close to a year now and averages 30-50 riders of all ages. Anyone with a positive attitude is welcome to ride any...
  18. GameBent

Bendix Kickback Questions

If the red band Bendix kickback hub with 18 tooth cog gives 1:1 ratio in high gear, how many teeth is the lower gear comparable to? Is there a big difference between high and low gear or is it a matter of a few teeth on the rear cog? Thanks.
  19. GameBent

Group Ride in San Diego on Dec 11th

Come and join us for the last Electra Bike Forums group ride of the year this Sunday, December 11th! It's open to anyone with a bike and a positive attitude! We will be cruising the coast from OB to PB and back. We average around 40 riders who range in age from 5 to 65, and everyone seems to...
  20. GameBent

LED headlight conversion questions

Hi fellow biking addicts...err...connoisseurs. I'm converting a Puch scooter headlight into LED, and will probably use a flashlight LED array. How much light should I shoot for? I want it to be bright enough to illuminate the path ahead at night but not blind other bikers or pedestrians. Is it...
Back