Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. I

JC Higgins JetFlow

Just was cleaning out my wifes grandfathers back yard and found this gem ;) I need some pedals, a chain, rear reflectors, grips, seat, and tank but i love it as-is.... If you have some crusty parts to match that I need PM me.
  2. I

Best trail bike

Just moved into a new house that is surrounded by desert mountain trails and looking for some ideas for the best bike to buy whether new or to look for something specific used... I am 6' tall so need something that would fit me. Never really ridden off road so open to any suggestions or ideas...
  3. I

How do you remove paint?

I am getting ready to strip the paint off a bunch of parts and started with a heavy duty stripper, but have seen people using grinders with different wheels on them to remove paint etc... Just curious what your favorite way to strip paint before a respray without damaging the metal... Sorry...
  4. I

37/38 Rollfast "Zep"

Love the paint on this one! First dibs when you get tired of looking at it!
  5. I

JC Higgins Color Flow

I'm open to prewar trades if you have any, but still just testing the waters...
  6. I

JC Higgins Color Flow

I am thinking about putting this up for sale to focus solely on prewar bikes (two of which just popped up recently I want...) I am heading out of town tomorrow for a quick vacation so thougt I would throw this out there to see if I got any offers PM'd to me while I am gone as I am not exactly...
  7. I

Show us your J.C. Higgins Bikes

Figured I would bump this with a pic of my 1950 Higgins... Looking for a nice rider quality troxel seat for it still... All OG paint and equipment otherwise....
  8. I

crazy mountain bike video found while looking for klunker

http://youtu.be/0zLuqKNKOqs Crazy mountainbike video I found while looking for klunkers....
  9. I

Colorflow: Restore or not restore

I say sell me the seat for my bike and then do whatever you wish!
  10. I

1935 Wards Hawthorne

I am not positive but I am pretty sure it has been repainted and re-chromed. It looks way to shiny to be OG
  11. I

1935 Wards Hawthorne

I am interested in any period correct accessories if you have something that would look cool on here like a light, horn, tank, etc.... I also want a drop stand for it as well if anyone has one cheap! Thanks
  12. I

1935 Wards Hawthorne

I just bought this 1935? Wards Hawthorne as a birthday present to myself, what are your thoughts? I can tell the kickstand is wrong as it should have a drop stand and clip on the rear fender I believe. The seller told me the kickstand was a rare elgin pencil stand but I have no idea...
  13. I

1937 Schwinn Built

Love this one!! Great find!
  14. I

DAVIS SEWING MACHINE CO. "DAYTON"

Nice! Whens someone gonna sell me a cool bike like this???
  15. I

Went pickin' today in Wisconsin

Nice, I agree that there is no good pickin in Arizona that I have found either!! I would love to know what other hot rod and antique stuff you found, I collect a little bit of everything...
  16. I

Vintage Elgin Find

I have seen that badge on many early 40's models but could be as early as late 30's. I sent a PM, and am crossing my fingers!
  17. I

JC Higgins Color Flow

Thanks
  18. I

JC Higgins Color Flow

Just curious, how does the light attach? There is no indent or hole for a light to mount? The fender looks to be og and paint matches the rest of the bike so I am confident it is correct.... Just curious
  19. I

JC Higgins Color Flow

It seems the concensus is that this is a 50 or 51 and should noy have the jewels in the tank. I do still want to get the light and the correct seat if anyone has one lying around... Otherwise no plans to restore this one, og paint so I will leave it as-is.
  20. I

JC Higgins Color Flow

Here is a quick pic I took of a 50's JC Higgins Color Flow bike I just bought. Would like to get a headlight and the correct style seat for it, but otherwise will leave as is. The rear reflector lens is cracked and would like to find one of those as well if you know of any lying around. More...
Back