Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Spokeshave

REDUCED Spokeshave's cleaning out the shed sale...

My interest in the hobby has shifted so there are a bunch of old parts I'll never be using. All prices include shipping from NY. Multiples get a break on shipping. What you see is what you get. Wrights leather saddle off a 1961/62 Schwinn Continental. It shows it's age but still has lots of...
  2. Spokeshave

Laying in the trash

I found this today while driving by. It was in the trash waiting for the garbage truck. I should be able to flip it easily on Craigslist
  3. Spokeshave

New Years Eve Score

I hit this '63 Jaguar just right on Craigslist. By the time I got to New Jersey to pick it up the guy told me he had 25 more calls with guys offering more than the posted price. He was a gentleman and a man of his word and sold it to me for what he has posted. Story has it this was in a dumpster...
  4. Spokeshave

Schwinn Tank Question

I recently picked up a 1952 Schwinn straightbar frame bicycle. My 60s Schwinn fleet has tabs for it's tank as does my '60 Panther. The straightbar frame has no tabs. Will a factory tank fit and stay in place in this frame or do I need a frame made for a tank. ?
  5. Spokeshave

Found at the show need help with ID

While at the Hot Rod Hoedown outside Philly with the New Jersey Devils today our friend Alley Cat bought this bike. It looks prewar to me with the wrong fenders but can anybody help with the make. There was a round badge but it's long gone. THX Spokes
  6. Spokeshave

Cresent find UPDATE

Found it in a neighbors basement. He told me it was his brothers circa 1952. Made in Westerfield Mass so I assume it's a Columbia. I think it may be older judging by the rims and the grips. The rear hub is a new departure with an oiling port. Can anybody shed some light on this one. It looks...
  7. Spokeshave

Corvette 3 speed hub

I have a 1960 Corvette 3 speed that I'm tearing down for a rebuild. I assumed the rear hub was a Sturmey/ Archer. It's stamped Schwinn approved made in Austria and nothing else. Is it a Sturmey ? If not what is it and is it worth keeping? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  8. Spokeshave

Schwinn stainless fender question

I have several different fenders off of Schwinn middleweights. Is there a way to tell if they are stainless or chrome? They have some surface rust and I dont want to steel wool them if they are chrome. Are the braces also stainless on stainless fenders. What year did they switch from stainless...
  9. Spokeshave

Schwinn Head Badge question

I have a rattle canned Schwinn that I can easily chip the spray off the old headbadge with my thumbnail. The badge appears to be riveted of some sort not screwed on like later Schwinns I've owned. Is this normal or did somebody do this later on ? I'd hate to drill the rivets off risking damage...
  10. Spokeshave

Schwinn Saturday

The first uglu duck came from a local tag sale. The guy was trying hard to sell me some overly priced cheapo road bikes when I asked about cruisers. He said he built one a while back and came out with this ugly Franken bike. Upon further inspection it's a 1950 Schwinn still with the truss rods...
  11. Spokeshave

Attention Diecast builders and collectors PIC HEAVY

Okay I have as much diecast as plastic models. time to thin the herd. I'll combine shipping. I try to ship as cheap and safely as possible.I like priority mail when possible.on larger items If you don't like a price shoot me an offer... HUGE diecast box lot over 100 pieces. Lesney,Corgi Hot...
  12. Spokeshave

Attention all Scale Model Builders My New Years resolution!

After digging out the Christmas decorations from the attic I started to count the number of model kits I have up there. After 150 I stopped counting and realized I had a bunch in the basement,spare room etc. Needless to say some of this stuff has to go or I'll never get to build them all. I ship...
  13. Spokeshave

Estate find Schwinn

Luckily I was off today and hit an estate sale with less than great turnout being on a Wednesday. This is a '61 Schwinn Panther III single speed (sans tank)that was laying buried under a pile of junk in a garage that looked like it wasn't opened in 30 years. Typical old Schwinn- I put a few...
  14. Spokeshave

Schwinn Runabout questions

Does anybody know what frames were used for these bikes? Were they Pixie frames or maybe Sting Ray juniors? Is there a way to tell the difference? What size tires were on Runabouts . Thanks, Spokes
  15. Spokeshave

Trying to beat the heat..

With a record tempreture day brewing and me itching to ride I rode a few miles south to Rockaway Beach,NYC. It's not all buildings and concrete here. Surf was up at 9:30 AM. By the time I headed home there wasn't a parking space to be had and the temp was just hitting 102 degrees!
  16. Spokeshave

Pierce Arrow Flightliner ?

Estate sale find. It was a throw in with a couple of Raleigh Sports that I flipped in a few ours on CL. It looks like a Murray built Flightliner in cool Copper paint. Like a lot of these somebody retacked the broken center bar weld leaving a rusty burn around the seat post. Rear tire is a...
  17. Spokeshave

Spotted a street survivor the morning..

The wife and I had the bikes in the truck heading for a beach cruise when I spotted this blast from the past. :o :o :o :shock: 8) 1970 Superbird,somebody scribled SST on the quarter like the old Kenner pull toys. This thing is worth a few bucks. Nice to see a relic in the 'hood. Spokes
  18. Spokeshave

Fuji found on the curb...

Driving to work early today I passed a trash pile and this was in it or what's left of it. I'm not familiar with this kind of frame. It's pretty cool. Might make good build off material someday.
  19. Spokeshave

Is there any way to find...

Is there a way to find out what number member you are without going through all 150 pages and counting? I would like to stamp the number on my RRB license plates.
  20. Spokeshave

Raleigh Sports tire size

I need tires for a Raleigh Sports with 26 X 1 3/8 inch tires. Are they the same as Schwinn tires? Or are they just standard 26 inch tires. I've seen some on eBay that say fit Raleigh and Schwinn but I'm not 100% on this. Anybody know or have a good websight to buy some? Thanks, Spokes
Back