Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Fisch

Messages stuck in outbox?

Anyone else having this issue? There is a message I wrote 24 hrs ago that is still stuck in my outbox. I wrote another a few hours ago and it is also stuck in my outbox.
  2. Fisch

Gotta Girvin!

Got a crazy sweet deal on this Proflex 555 with Girvin fork. I am all about flipping bikes to fund the BMX addiction these days, but I am tempted to keep this one as I have always wanted a Girvin fork. It almost seems like with these Proflex's the forks are worth as much by themselves as the...
  3. Fisch

Hoffman EP- Midschool Cool

Well after seeing KINGFISH's GT Show score, I got obsessed and couldn't help but start hunting for some midschool flatland goodness. And wouldn't you know, this popped up on my local CL. Got it for a sweet price considering condition and what it came with! It isn't a GT Show, but pretty groovy...
  4. Fisch

Scored a Sunday on a Friday

Scored a new school scoot today. A Sunday AM 21. I've been wanting to try a new school BMX as I hear the geometry is good. (As long as you don't want to sit!) Love the 'wave' tubing on the down tube. I guess that is Sunday's signature. Anyway I've had a couple bikes in the garage for a year...
  5. Fisch

Fisch's 20-inches of AWESOME! Done

20" of awesome is finished! First time I've made it to a RRBBO finishline. Show some 20" love fellahs! The build thread: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=56793&st=0&sk=t&sd=a -We started with a 50's 20" Stelber bike. $5 -Made a custom springer out of a silver serving tray...
  6. Fisch

Some odd ones- Muscle- Rare Banana seat? Before and After

Edit- cleaned this up and added before and after pics below! So my sis-in law, 1000 miles away in IN, picked up these 3 bikes for me at a farm sale. She paid 5 bucks for all 3!! These are the only photos I have, but wondered if the experts could ID them by these. I won't get to see these bikes...
  7. Fisch

1984 Haro Sport- survivor

Had this in fresh finds but wanted it here before I forget! Best flea market score EVER for me! Got a sweet deal on it. I could not believe it when I saw it. I didn't have enough cash and had to leave it to find an ATM. The drive back was maddening, I was sure it was gone. Every grandma in the...
  8. Fisch

1984 Haro Sport- survivor

Best flea market score EVER for me! Got it for a song. I could not believe it when I saw it. I didn't have enough cash and had to leave it to find an ATM. The drive back was maddening, I was sure it was gone. Every grandma in the world was driving in front of me. ARRRGH!!! But there it was when...
  9. Fisch

Super rare Diamond Back! (Sorta)

So I was hunting Goodwill for bike goodies and ran across this bit of coolness. At first I thought it was a music stand someone slapped a Diamond Back sticker on. But then there was this DB catalog attached to the surface and I instantly got that this was a store display. But keep reading it...
  10. Fisch

Question about mag sprocket.

So I was at my LBS and they had a ol skool mag sprocket in a parts box. I didn't buy it but it was different than the schwinn one the crates use. This one had what looked like little lug nuts cast into the sprocket too. I can't find a pic of one. Anyone know what I am talking about and know...
  11. Fisch

Ol school Mongoose Decade Update found a missing piece.

Fate is a funny thing. My wife says if you put desires out there they may return to you. It happens so much it is kind eerie. So I've been wanting an 80's flatland bike for a couple months. My LBS had a 87 Mongoose Stylist in the back room that I was keen on, but he knows the BMX is going up so...
  12. Fisch

Pretty sweet parts! Mystery fork IDENTIFIED!

EDIT- Fork has been identified by Wald, see below. Hey guys, here is my parts haul from the Brimfield MA antique fair. Is this fork anything special? It is NOS from a fellow that bought out a bike store ages ago. Normally I wouldn't think it was much of anything without a springer, but it it...
  13. Fisch

Fisch's 20inches of Awesome! 7/9 I'm a NY Times best seller!

Name to come. (I figure the bike will name itself as I go.) What better reason to finish I project floating in my head than the epic RRBBO! I've been into muscle-bikes and now verging into ol skool BMX, so I thought I'd try to combine the two into a concept of making the earliest looking BMX I...
  14. Fisch

1959 Columbia Straight bar 24"

Picked up this sweet 24" Columbia a little while ago and am just getting to shoot pics of it. Original paint. Troxel Seat. I put on some ape hangers (have original style bars too) and I also put on a NOS Goodyear 'Air Wheel' 24X2.125 in the rear and a NOS Michigan Safetytread 24X1.75 in the...
  15. Fisch

20" Stelber tank bike- beefy BMX build

I picked up this little guy as I have really been enjoying riding my 20" Yamaha moto-bike BMX lately. Specifically I really wanted a 20" tank bike to build into a beefy BMX. As if a BMX existed in the 50's. This is a 20" Stelber balloon/tank bike. I did this mockup in Photoshop to illustrate...
  16. Fisch

Small Haul (Early Clunker?)

Jumped on a CL ad today and wound up with a handful of bikes for 20 buckaroos. Some rusty critters here. I bought the lot just for this 20" Stelber tank bike. I wanted to make a beefy muscle bike out of it. I think I can do fork and stem swap, but the bottom bracket is so small I am unsure if...
  17. Fisch

1969 Columbia Muscle - Sportshifter 3-speed

This was my score at the Brimfield MA Antique Fair this week. I had seen it last May too, and it was a sad little thing. I couldn't walk away this time! I am always amazed how well these things clean up with some elbow grease. The paint cleaned up well as did the the chrome for the most part. I...
  18. Fisch

1977 Huffy Thunder Road #56 MX banana

Just picked up a Huffy Thunder Road today. Not sure if I want to flip it, get what's missing to make it original, or hot rod it a bit with a Murry 5 speed 20" BMX wheelset. But it is pretty cool! Dig that factory 24" fork they came with. The only things missing on the bike that I can see is...
  19. Fisch

Royce Union MUSCLE bike!

What a great bike day. I was at Brimfield antique fair in MA and found me a 20" Royce Union Muscle Bike. No plans for this one other than possibly a more comfortable glitter banana seat (this is narrow!). Other than that, keep it original! Is this a pretty rare bike? Searching the interwebs i...
  20. Fisch

The Svelte Spyder- NEW 6/6 new headlight idea

UPDATE 6/2!- Nixed the triple trees for something more creative. OK so you guys are inspiring me to finish a rat I that has been sitting as ideas for too long. The build off might be just the pressure I need. This is a bit regurgitated from my stalled start. But here we go. It started with...
Back