Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. mesome

Pictures and Priorities

Guilty.... I do have a few pics of the family on their bikes though!
  2. mesome

What brand chainbreaker is good ?

I got sick of the cheap wallyworld ones too and bought a Park CT-5 which is 1000% better.
  3. mesome

Ideas wanted for my 29er

Since it sounds like you don't plan on doing much actual mountain biking with it, have you thought about getting a rigid fork? That would give it more of a cruiser look. strait blades http://surlybikes.com/parts/karate_monkey_fork/ curved...
  4. mesome

Show us your J.C. Higgins Bikes

Colorflow I put together for my dad. The headbadge has since been reinstalled. Not sure what to do with this one, talked it down off a guys barn wall for $35. :D
  5. mesome

single sided springers...

Seem's a little odd if people can't talk about bikes in the Bike Talk section. :D Besides, I'm sure it the thread was too out of place the moderators could move it for him... Anyway, I think those are actually the first cruisers I've seen with single sided forks, much less springers...
  6. mesome

Starting them out wrong, Walmart must be stopped

Haha, this reminded me of a thread on the mtbr.com forums last year. This guy (Eric 2.0) was ranting and raving about how arrogant people were being because he bought his bike at D ick's Sporting Goods and there was no reason to go paying a premium from some snobby local bike shop. This goes on...
  7. mesome

When does the build off start?

Oh boy! I have parts... and frames... and tools... and ingenuity! :D Looks like I'm all set to participate this year, just need to find the inspiration that I left laying around here somewhere. :idea:
  8. mesome

Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

My 1960 Tornado
  9. mesome

Happy Halloween from E Munster on a monster bike...

You've gotta put the whole URL inside the [/code]
  10. mesome

What am i??????

It's obviously some kind of widget. Possibly used in an old gas oven or electric blender. Have you tried hooking it up to a gas line or power outlet yet?
  11. mesome

The Gift Horse

Thanks guys! I do need to figure out something to do with all that open space on the tank, also want to get the pinstripes put back on the frame/fork like the original. The one thing I'm still not really sold on is the saddle. I like that one more than the one I tossed on it originally...
  12. mesome

The Gift Horse

Got the fenders on and had the chance to take a few pictures this morning. Still have a couple little things I want to do to it, but for the most part I'd say it's done now.
  13. mesome

What have I become???

Go for it! The geometry on that looks very similar to my Globe San Francisco (mine's a 3 speed IGH but they made singlespeed ones too). I wasn't really looking for a city/commuter bike but I got an awesome deal on it off craigslist and I'm really glad I bought it. The thing is so light and...
  14. mesome

To the guy who found my wallet.

Maybe the cash was already gone when the dude who turned it in found it? If not then I agree, he deserves the midget beating of his life.
  15. mesome

Where Have Real American Factories Gone?

This discussion reminded me of an article I read about Snapper a few months ago. There are still a few businesses that insist on manufacturing here, but they're almost always going to come with a premium price tag. Also, more on topic, here's a great page that lists all the current bike...
  16. mesome

all white 26x2.25 tires

Haven't seen any pure white 2.25's, just 2.125's http://www.custommotoredbicycles.com/26tires_red_brick__whitecolorsfat_frank...
  17. mesome

$20 61 Schwinn Hornet

I had quite a bit of trouble with my seat post but it looks like yours isn't quite as weathered. I'd start off by clamping a seat onto the top of it, get it really snug, and then try and twist the seat post to break it loose, if you can turn it, you should be able to get it out easy enough.
  18. mesome

Eastern Kansas Views

Oh, I forgot to update this! I found the rest of the pictures I'd snapped on the ride that first pic was taken on. Here's the full panorama with some light photo shopping done to get the lighting right. *click for full size*
  19. mesome

Ride every single day!

If you've got a passion for it you'll start shaving weight off without even thinking about it. I started riding a bike again a couple springs ago for the same reason, had gained about 40lbs sitting in my office chair all day, and by the time October rolled around that first year I had lost at...
  20. mesome

3 into 2

I would love to have those fenders! Any idea what you want for them?
Back