Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M.Martian

VINTAGE MOUNTAIN BIKES

1992 Rock Hopper Comp with a 1993 Rock Shox Mag 20 in gray. even the tires are some old Specialized Fat Boy 1.25’s
  2. M.Martian

Farewell Adam Hooligan Copeland "karfer67" - Shirts, Hats, and Patches

I met him after the rodeo in 2010 after I had just gotten into the custom and vintage bike scene. It did scare him a little that I was going to do the barrel races on a set of slicks with a raked out fork. Thinking back, I scared him again by doing the barrel race on my hiwheel Sliding that...
  3. M.Martian

I know it's old- but what is it?

I've got a Cleveland branded women's that looks very similar. I was told it was a Westfield built. If the morrow hub that came with it is original, then it's a 1933 which does fit with the styling. The wheels that are in the picture are 700c so it was a 28" bike.
  4. M.Martian

mysterious cruiser

Yup definitely Murry built frame. The knuckle bulge joint at the seat tube and top tube are sure signs. Looks like the rear wheel is a front load from the bottom as opposed to the earlier rear load dropouts. That frame was used from around 1946 into the mid? 50's. Not sure when they stopped...
  5. M.Martian

Halloween costumes and bikes

so who tied in their Halloween costume with bikes?
  6. M.Martian

Video walk around of unknown Skiptooth. Help!!

Looks Shelby to me. Slick is one of the resident Shelby experts, but I don't know if he checks here often. Mostly on thecabe. I love my morrow hubs. They do have date stamping on the hub if you can still make it out. It will be a single number, single letter code. The number designates the...
  7. M.Martian

what is this?

The bike chimera posted is a color stream. Not a Murray built though. Murray had a 'knuckle' joint on the seat tube and a built in seat post bracket. Look at the fender braces that wrap around and make note of the front axle mount. The rack on the original post was a very common Murray Jc...
  8. M.Martian

what is this?

There was a model line under the color flow which had a bulbous rack and jewels in the tank. It was the color stream, but this bike is not that model. That one had wrap around fender braces that made a line that ran from an inch above the front axle down the brace, through the chainguard and...
  9. M.Martian

Okay guys, you have nailed every one so far....

That is definitely a Murray built frame. The 'knuckle' joint at the top tube and seat tube are a dead giveaway. The built in seat clamp also. I have three bikes with that frame. Two are original and one piecemeal. My earliest which was guessed as a 46 (MOS-L) has rear facing dropouts but no...
  10. M.Martian

Here's another sweet vintage frame for you guys to ID....

That bike most likely didn't have a head tube badge. It would have had a badge that was integrated into the tank itself which would have wrapped around the head tube. The hard part with finding those tanks complete is that most of the bezels were plastic and didn't survive very well. The...
  11. M.Martian

Hi wheel in yosemite

Yosemite is one of the places that Ansel Adams made famous. I've got some other great shots of mine and others bikes out there. It's one of those places you just have to go if you have a chance. And the valley floor is very single speed friendly.
  12. M.Martian

Hi wheel in yosemite

Taken using an iPhone 6 in April 2015 on the Rolling Relics/Cyclone Coasters Yosemite ride.
  13. M.Martian

Hi wheel in yosemite

Can't decide if I like the color or b&w better, but here is the color.
  14. M.Martian

I need help with ID, Reworked Schwinn?

Not taking the decals into account, I would have guessed worksman.
  15. M.Martian

My first new bike circa 1977..Need help IDing

I'm not sure what it is, but that yellow plastic fender and tank with "MX" on the it should be a big clue.
  16. M.Martian

Shiny Side Up - San Jose, CA: July 26th 2015

It's one of the biggest in NorCal. History park is a perfect place for a show also. Tons of trees, lots of space and good spots for photos.
  17. M.Martian

8-Ply

Those pedals are off of one of those copper tone Schwinn excercycles. Those things have a bunch of cool parts on them.
  18. M.Martian

1944 Columbia and unknown Cleveland

i ended up getting these two locally. The Columbia is a 1944 sports tourists girls bike. All parts are black out other than the dogleg crank. This one just needs a skip tooth chain and some rubber and it can be on the road again. And those hubs are in perfect shape under all that grime...
Back