Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. skillsthebarber

Rat Rod Bikes Instagram Hashtag #########

First let me say that I am addicted to Instagram. Now that I have time again to build bikes im going to be posting more bike pics on IG. I hashtaged one with #rrb. When I looked at other pics taged this none were bikes. I know there has to be other people on here that post bike pics on IG. I...
  2. skillsthebarber

Hawthorne badged ? Girls bike Prewar? Help

I have this bike I'm building for my wife. It was badged a Hawthorne. I was hoping someone would know who manufactured the bike so I could figure out the year. Thanks
  3. skillsthebarber

Can I fix these truss rods?

These truss rods I have are in pretty bad shape. Pretty bent up. I was wondering if anyone has any tips for straighten them. If its something that I need to take to a metal worker then I'll more then likely make new ones. I do have a torch and vice.
  4. skillsthebarber

1936 Elgin Skylark pics********

I saw this at a bike swap meet here in Sac today. The Owner said he found it along with a 36 Bluebird in a barn in Stockton. He had them restored and sold the Bluebird to a guy in Russia.
  5. skillsthebarber

I NEED HELP WITH BRAKES...

So here is my issue. Im trying to go for some sort of BMX/Cruiser hybrid. The wheels I built are Arays with 80's hubs. The rear is freewheel. Right now I have no brakes and its kinda dangerous. I dont want to switch the hubs or drill the frame, so Im lost on how to put brakes on here. I saw...
  6. skillsthebarber

87 Mach One Build (PICS)

Here is my 87(i think) GT Mach one. I have it stickered as an 85. Its a rider not a carpet queen, so not everything is in perfect condition and its not really done(what bike ever is). This is put together from parts I mostly collected on the Museum. Everything Painted white on the bike I striped...
  7. skillsthebarber

There is something real shady about this auction *link*

There is something real shady about this auction http://cgi.ebay.com/NOS-blue-lightning-bolt-elina-seat-old-school-bmx-/260828712142?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cba9a4cce#ht_500wt_1157
  8. skillsthebarber

80's Ross Pit bike build UPDATE 5-6-12

Well I will tell you that having a newborn does not make it easy to work on bikes. I pretty much had to put my Build off bike on hold for a long time. The only real bike I'm working on is at work. So I got a hold of an 80's ross pit bike. I want to build it for my son and can justify spending...
  9. skillsthebarber

Check out this Tandem (pic)

I went to a lbs here in town that I have never been to. Its called Patriot cycles. I heard they have a big BMX selection so I thought I would check it out. Not only do they have a great parts selection but they have tons of 70's and 80's bikes hanging up all over the place. They had a factory...
  10. skillsthebarber

2012 Limited Edition Kos Kruiser on ebay now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110693445814&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1504wt_1141
  11. skillsthebarber

26" BMX Build UPDATE 6-8-11

Im not sure if this belongs in this forum or not so if the mods need to delete or move it I understand. I wanted to do a 26" BMX build for a while. I got this 80's mountian bike frame and fork from MikeS at Vintage Bicycle Supply. I like the lines and think it will look cool as a bmx The...
  12. skillsthebarber

26" bmx build frame suggestions needed

I want to do a 26" bmx build, but dont have a frame. I was thinking I could use an 80's mountain bike frame but dont know enough about them to know what to look for. a cruiser frame might work too . I would like to see what you guys would suggest. Photos of frames would be appreciated too...
  13. skillsthebarber

The "Hey this is what I look like" Thread

I know this is not really bike related, but I always wonder what everyone looks like. So here goes Having some fun Rockefeller Center Ice Rink At the Bar at the W hotel doing my best model pose(not very good) Last but not least, me on a bike in Ireland
  14. skillsthebarber

SoCal Speedster **New Stem*** 5/25/11

I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do for the build off. I love hot rods, especially satin paint pinstriped ones, but I have seen a ton of bikes done this way. So I am going a different route. I am going to do a SoCal speed shop themed bike. I want it to look like the the 32 ford...
  15. skillsthebarber

Can a Girls bike win the build off?????

Not that I'm entering the build off to win, it's just fun. But I'm thinking about using a girls frame, and I'm not sure anyone can win with a girls frame. What's you opinions?
  16. skillsthebarber

Need Help With a Trike

I have this trike and I wanted to put a different frame on it, so I looked down and noticed that the frame thats on it has dropouts that are made to work with the trike kit on the back. So my question is, Can I make another frame work on this trike without altering the other frame? IS there...
  17. skillsthebarber

Lil Evil

great start, I knew that frame looked familiar. I got that bike for christmas, in like 83 I think. Not sure why I was so excited, I'm a raiders fan. Heres me in my skivvies getting it from Santa
  18. skillsthebarber

would you rat out an elgin blurbird? link

this frame is a little rough. It would be interesting to see someone rat it out http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Elgin-Bluebird-Bicycle-frame-/160562257381?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2562419de5#ht_500wt_1156
  19. skillsthebarber

Monark Fork Replacement Parts????

Im in need of some replacement bushings for a double spring monark fork. Does anyone know if anyone sells replacement parts from the repop monark forks? if so where? thanks, Jason
  20. skillsthebarber

Really, Another Bluebird on ebay.

What do you think this one will go for? Im guessing $4500-$5000 Is the red paint original? http://cgi.ebay.com/Elgin-Bluebird-Antique-Bicycle-/130492096362?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e61ef5f6a#ht_500wt_1156
Back