Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. proudlove

Sour apple (CCM SCRAMBLER)

Hey, another Manitoban. Right on! Great lookin' CCM you got there. I love the colour.
  2. proudlove

WHAT DOES A RAT MEAN TO YOU????

Typing in all caps is like yelling all the time in real life. Not like an accent. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?
  3. proudlove

how i spell releif...

It's actually spelled "relief," now that's irony. Just pokin' a little fun. Glad you got some shop time. I also have gotten some time to work on bikes too. The great thing is that I can work on them at work.
  4. proudlove

Flying Burrito Brothers

It was -27 C here with a windchill factor of -40. It takes about 10 seconds or so to frosbite exposed skin in that. I'm a little sick of winter.
  5. proudlove

Work in progress.

So, I'm learning how to weld. I hope they hold! Bottom bracket will mount beneath the downtube about 1/3 down from the head tube. This project is a lot of fun and a huge learning process.
  6. proudlove

US...

Re: Us.. Southeastern Manitoba. Cold and very, very windy! I'm only about an hour from the border to North Dakota but you can hardly tell from these pics.
  7. proudlove

SCREEN NAME MEANINGS

Ya, mine is just my last name. Sometimes I think I should get something more original but then I realize that my last name is pretty original. And proudlove is almost never taken, if it is I use humblehate, a nickname given to me in high school. proudlove-humblehate, get it?
  8. proudlove

US...

Re: Us.. Here's a recent pic of me and my little boy in the igloo I made in our backyard. And this is why I don't ride in the winter.
  9. proudlove

Couple a' fun finds.

I'm rather fond of the mixte but the other might get chopped, though I've never done that sort of thing before.
  10. proudlove

What's choppin'

The first thing that popped into my head was a five spoke American Racing style mag. The vintage torq-thrust style I mean. That would look pretty rat I think. Of course it would probably be pretty heavy too.
  11. proudlove

Couple a' fun finds.

These were sitting outside the warehouse of a local thrift store so I had to find someone to price them for me. At 20$ each they weren't fabulous deals but not bad either. I especially like the mixte with the SA 3-peed. The pink one was worth it just for the wingnuts and the lighting system I...
  12. proudlove

PK Ripper woes.

Oh man, I just finished reading some of the post about restoring that Hutch BMX. I am a little discouraged. I have an old PK Ripper looptail frame that I have been hanging onto in the hopes that someday I will get around to restoring it. I didn't realize that the cost of doing so would be so...
  13. proudlove

Merry Xmas to all

Merry Christmas to everyone from the prairies too. I also am working Christmas night and New Years eve so I'll be thinkin' of ya Firewalker. Cheers all.
  14. proudlove

What is the craziest combo of parts you have put together?

I was looking for a picture of a bike that we put together at the camp I worked at. The thing had a 20" rear wheel, 12" front wheel on 20" forks, mini- apes with deer antlers tied to them, a banana seat with an old suspension fork cut off and used in lieu of a sissy bar. It was a blast to...
  15. proudlove

Looking for advice on 3-speed hubs.

So, believe it or not, my LBS can't get the Nexus hubs. He can get SRAM gear though. Anyone here run the T3 hub?
  16. proudlove

XMAS Parade photos from So Cal are posted!

That looks like fun. Too bad it's so bloody cold here right now. Those pics make me want to go riding.
  17. proudlove

loco gringo ( like a party )

That is awesome man! I love the seat cover. I might just have to do that sometime. Great job.
  18. proudlove

Looking for advice on 3-speed hubs.

Looking for advice on 3-speed hubs. My next project is a '65 Schwinn Hollywood that I am doing for my wife. The single speed is tough for her but she is convinced that she'll wreck anything with gears. What I need is the simplest 3-speed to operate that I can find. Any suggestions? And...
  19. proudlove

CONGRATULATIONS RRBBO2 WINNERS

Yay! Someone voted for mine! Congrats to the winners, and great job everyone who entered. This was so much fun. I am already looking forward to next year.
  20. proudlove

$12.00

I was gonna ask the same thing 'cuz I have the same frame I think. Nice build by the way. We had similar visions for this frame I see. I think I like yours better though.
Back