Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. outskirtscustoms

1985 Mongoose ATB Pro Series

Found this holy grail the other day at a local flea market. 1985 Mongoose ATB Pro Series (All Terrain Bicycle) I was born in 1985 so this is extra cool for me. This thing is about as minty as it gets. Can't wait till I have time to clean it up.
  2. outskirtscustoms

This could be your next find

A good friend of mine stumbled upon an absolute mother load of cool frames and parts. Figured I'd direct some love his way and help my rat rod brethren here at the same time. Prices are good and selection is on point. Located in Marion, Indiana. Contact through add...
  3. outskirtscustoms

Western Flyer

So I finally bit the bullet and joined the motorized bike club. Paid $100 for this Western Flyer bike with motor kit already installed and supposedly a big bore kit too. Waiting on a new clutch cable to come in from eBay then I'll tear into getting it running and riding again. This should be...
  4. outskirtscustoms

Am I a hipster now?

I swore for years I'd never own a fixed gear or "Fixie" bike but here I am. I got my first one today. Does this make me a hipster now? 1890's Mead Sentinel with wood rims and block chain. The exception to my no fixie rule.
  5. outskirtscustoms

What got you into vintage bikes and collecting?

I was reminiscing about the old days with a friend and talking about our early bicycle days while looking through my bike collection and I thought I'd share a little Kokomo Indiana history with you all and how that started the bicycle addiction in me that will never die. Plus I found some...
  6. outskirtscustoms

Draggin' wagon

Ok so I'm in on this build off. I'm starting by taking this trike down to the frame and starting over. This frame was made by welding the front half of a 1944 CWC to the rear half of a 1970's Workman industrial trike. Yes it looks like a finished trike but I assure you it will not remain this...
  7. outskirtscustoms

Arch-bar / Truss bridge style frame and fork

So I just won this unknown frame and fork on eBay and I'm not sure what I bought but I'm thinking it's mid teens to mid 20's Iver Johnson or Crown arch-bar? I have seen a few similar frames but none that are a spot on match. This is the closest looking bike I have come up with.
  8. outskirtscustoms

Subrosa Bandit Sprocket

Looking for this sprocket in any condition in any color in any tooth count. They were available in red, black, gold, and silver and 25t, 28t and 30t configurations. Preferably the gold 30T but I'll take what I can get. Or if one of you fan y cats has a cnc machine and doesn't mind a little...
  9. outskirtscustoms

Sears Spyder 500 date???

Anyone know how to track down a year on a 24" Sears Spyder 500??? Just picked this up on the cheap this morning for $40 and am curious as to what year it is. Has a drum brake 5 speed hub.
  10. outskirtscustoms

Bandit Klunker

So officially starting this build. Nexus 4 wheelset
  11. outskirtscustoms

Elgin? Colson?

Trying to ID this bike I just got and getting some mixed results some say Elgin some say Colson. Also trying to track down a year.
  12. outskirtscustoms

The history of the bicycle

So I was speaking with a friend the other day and he asked what I found so fascinating about bicycles? This has been a question I have tried to answer for many years in many ways and it is not a simple answer. Just as there are millions of different bicycles there are millions of reasons I love...
  13. outskirtscustoms

Back half it.

So I am jumping into my first chop job on a bike. I have a 1944 CWC frame I really want to build because it's the oldest bike that I own. Unfortunately the rear frame is rotted out in the rear chain stay area near the kickstand and more closer to the rear dropout. So it needs a whole new back...
  14. outskirtscustoms

What should I do?

Okay so upon further inspection of my 1944 CWC frame I discovered the rear section is pretty much gone I've got some major rust in the kickstand area as well as one of the chain stays so I am asking for opinions on back-halfing this thing and welding it to my trike in doing so I would lose the...
  15. outskirtscustoms

Shelf rebuild

So I aquired this old antique shelf / cabinet from a friend who has had it for 15+ years. I don't have pictures but it's identical to this one... So the plan is to use some eBay bits and make it look like an old Texaco gas pump but have shelves inside to store stuff. Functional and cool.
  16. outskirtscustoms

Schwinn Kokomo

So finally getting started on this Schwinn Kokomo I got on trade. Cool backstory: A month before I got this bike I bought these wheels at a pawn shop and had a few different plans for them but couldn't get tires to fit. I got this frame a month later and threw the wheels on and liked the look...
  17. outskirtscustoms

1950 Western Flyer Super

So I am finally getting started on my Western Flyer Super skiptooth cruiser restoration after finding the right color paints to go back original. I am going to try to get it as close to original as I can. Anyway here's what I'm starting with. I have never had a single bike come apart so easy...
  18. outskirtscustoms

Any interest in a year by year build off?

So gauging interest in a year long build off competition. Start on New years day and run the whole year through new years eve at midnight. Best bike of the year and a complete year to build. No rush no hurry just building the best bikes of the year. This would run alongside the other build offs...
  19. outskirtscustoms

Storage fix

Got more bike hangers up today and wow I've got so much more room now. Before After
  20. outskirtscustoms

Stingray build

So I picked up this 1968 Stingray for 80 bucks from a guy in Marion and just got the perfect parts bike for it today a 1971 Schwinn Fair Lady plan is to use all the parts from the fair lady to rebuild this Stingray. Rear stays still need a little adjustment but not far off now.
Back