Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. P

A question about Nirve Spring forks

I think that is the opposite of my problem. I'm wondering about using a 1 1/8" on a bike that has 1" threaded.
  2. P

Let's see some pictures of Ross Frames

Only Ross I have is an old Ross Europa I found at the scrapyard. After going thru it for my girlfriend She hates it btw. She don't like coaster brakes. :cry:
  3. P

A question about Nirve Spring forks

I was at a local wholesale outlet and found a new Nirve springer fork...threaded 1 1/8". The price was right at $15 so I picked it up. I didn't know it was 1 1/8" till I got home. I was hoping to use it on an old Murray cruiser I have. Is there a way to use these forks on en old Murray?
  4. P

2 I saw at the junkyard today....should I go for it or pass?

Ran by there yesterday and they were both gone. :?
  5. P

2 I saw at the junkyard today....should I go for it or pass?

I was running late so I made a quick dash thru the scrapyard and saw these two. The Schwinn looked cool as can be at a distance, I thought I'd found a gem.....but it's pretty rough. I know nothing about Schwinns and can't id them or what year they are but the head badge says Chicago. The frt...
  6. P

Show Off Your Finished Huffy Cranbrook's and Nel Lusso

I was in Walmart the other day and saw they had several new color combos of Cranbrooks. Silver with copper rims and another color that had red rims.
  7. P

show us your BEER BIKE

What's the skinny on these Bud Lime bikes? I'm seeing them on Craigslist and in stores. Cheapest $130-highest $400. Who makes them?
  8. P

I paid $55 for that green one. A set of 26" tires is about $40.00 in the same store. :?
  9. P

I bought another Cranbrook this weekend. It's a different color combo than my other one. The frame is dark green with lime fenders. I robbed the black rims for another project. Not sure what I'm gonna do with this one yet.
  10. P

Bought a cheap Murray at a yard sale

Got this bike out for Tour de Fat but I wasn't feeling the bars. Stole some bars from one of my girlfriends bikes and flipped them. Also added some black rims. Want to add a springer fork and change out the cranks soon.
  11. P

show us your BEER BIKE

Billy beer. Classic!
  12. P

Tour de Fat in Nashville pics

Only took a couple pics
  13. P

Junkyard Find 26" 1973 Ross Europa I

Oh and I got the other find done too. It's a 60s Sears Spyder. After some love. The Spyder is going on Craigslist. It was fun to fix up but I have no use for it.
  14. P

Finally it was rideable. New tires, rim strips, seat and grips. Everything else serviced. We both agreed the handlebars weren't that comfortable so I changed them for some new mt bike bars I bought along time ago. Well maybe not as Rat Rod Bike as I had hoped it would be, but it was cool...
  15. P

So next step is to mock it up....again to see how she'll like it. She won't let me go real crazy as far as modifications go cuz she wants to ride this a bunch. Seems ok so far.
  16. P

We have a local salvage yard that keeps the bikes seperate from the rest of the scrap. I go there once in awhile but all they usually have is Walmart junk. The last time I went I found a Ross (probably not much better that a Walmart bike) but I could tell it was old. Weird thing is it had the...
  17. P

A trip to the bicycle graveyard today (pics)

Well she wouldn't let me get to creative with her bike. I guess it's about done. She said no fenders. The little 20" bike is done and sold.
  18. P

I had to order new tires, rim bands and tubes for the Ross but my mom found me a banana seat for the other bike I picked up, a 60s Sears Spyder. She found this NOS Western Flyer banana seat for $6.00 so that puts $10.00 in this bike. I'll probably part it out for parts but just wanted to see it...
  19. P

"Post up Pics or Your Current Favorite Rider"

This Ok and maybe this
  20. P

Yeah there's mainly Walmart crap there usually, but every now and then you find some cool stuff. Well at least for this area, Clarksville never really had any high end bikes to speak of till BMX came along. Everything was department store stuff. But a bike like this Ross is a great find for me...
Back