Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Motopecane

Looking for help identifying American Pre-war Lightweight

Hi all, I recently visited my wife's old family farm in Billings Montana. I was able to leave with a handful of cool old bikes. One in particular everyone seemed to think was he grandmothers bike. She got very excited when I said I could absolutely make it ride able. I have two questions I am...
  2. Motopecane

Help Identify old Kids bike

Hi Everyone, I have been gone a long time but I just haven't owned any vintage bikes for some time. Anyway I picked up this little guy at an antique store today. It caught my eye and I couldn't get it out of my head. Low and behold when I got it up to the counter is was 20% off!! I am having...
  3. Motopecane

Lil' Chap (Mini Penny Farthing/High wheel)

So, This is a build I have been wanting to do for a long time and am just now getting the parts together to do it. I'm going to let you guess what it is until I make some progress. Picked up these items today... -Moto
  4. Motopecane

Help me decide...

So I have a Scwhinn exerciser that is in perfect shape (duh they all are) that I am starting to wonder if I want to cut up and part out. I have a particular project in mind that I want to use the frame for but I don't know if I have the heart to chop it up? What do you think? If it helps at all...
  5. Motopecane

Removing a busted freewheel

So I had a wheel that I wanted to use for a road bike I was building up, that had a 5 speed freewheel on it. It was the type that requires an FR2 tool to remove. Okay no problem I have that. I ran into two problems 1.) The axle and bearings had been removed so I had to take the freewheel off to...
  6. Motopecane

The Re-bike

So I went downtown today to pick up what I though was just going to be 3 frames for parts. When I got there the guy had some wheels he said I could have, and something else... He gave me this recumbant bike that is very strange but kinda cool. I think I am going to part it out for some of the...
  7. Motopecane

Pre-War Western Flyer Dilema *New Photos*

So just the other day I picked up locally the oldest bike I have ever owned. It's a Western Flyer ladies bike circa 1940 or so I think. It is skip tooth and acutally rides how it sits right now. I am not sure if the top tube was originally bent the way it is. There are braze joints at the bends...
  8. Motopecane

Home made springer front end

So It has been a while since I have posted here and I have accumulated quite a few bikes and parts since then. I wanted to do something with some of the parts I had laying around so I decided to try my hand at making a custom spring front fork. I like the way it turned out and it cost me about...
  9. Motopecane

Rust, chrome, and tears

Shot with Kodak Tmax B&W film.
  10. Motopecane

Ski-Bike (New Video)

Not too long ago my friend sent me a link on face book about this bike kit you could buy to make your bike really snow worthy. What it did was replaced your front wheel with a ski and then had a bolt on apparatus for the back that turned it into a caterpillar belt typed thing much like a...
  11. Motopecane

Schwinn Continental for Dad

I have been working on this project for a little bit and figured I should post it here. It isn't by any means a rat rod but what the heck. Back in the day my dad bought a yellow Schwinn Continental with his own money. He wanted a super sport but couldn't afford it. So I got the idea of making a...
  12. Motopecane

Skip tooth: is it worth it?

So I was interested in buying a set of balloon tire wheels from 1946 off a guy on craigslist. They have a coaster brake hub with a skip tooth cog. He also said he would sell me a skip tooth chain ring for $10. Fine, he tells me you need a special chain for it and you can usually get them on...
  13. Motopecane

New TV series American Restoration

So I started watching this new TV series on History channel called "American Restoration". It is a show based around the guy that restores a lot of the items for the crew at the pawn shop in the show "Pawn Starts". Anyway one of his projects was a Hopalong Cassidy bike that a guy brought it. He...
  14. Motopecane

Scwhinn Suburban for her

So let me start out by saying I didn't originally post this thread here because I thought it wasn't enough of a "rat rod". I decided to transfer it over because I posted it in the vintage thread on Bikeforums and got chewed out. Anyway my girlfriend always makes jokes about "so your going to...
  15. Motopecane

Noobie here from Lynnwood WA

Hello, So I have already started posting but thought I should introduce myself. I am from Lynnwood WA as my post says and love bikes. I am currently going to college to get a degree in Digital Photography and not sure where I'll go from there. Anyway I have a question to go with my intro that...
  16. Motopecane

The Fast: A dive into the boardtrack world

Hello, To introduce myself my name is Aron and I enjoy restoring old bikes. Aside from fixing them up I recently have gotten into building custom or altered bikes. Most have just been for fun. This however is my first serious build. I acquired a Schwinn breeze from my local recycling yard for...
Back