Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. LowpowerD

Worm Drink

image by LowpowerD, on Flickr image by LowpowerD, on Flickr image by LowpowerD, on Flickr image by LowpowerD, on Flickr image by LowpowerD, on Flickr
  2. LowpowerD

Worm Drink

This will be my 4th build off. The first two builds I named after Clutch songs, last year I broke tradition with Vintage Trouble. This time around I'll return to tradition with Worm Drink...a song from Clutch's excellent Blast Tyrant album. Now on to the bike: a Ross Chain Bike Corp "Cycle...
  3. LowpowerD

Rust removal with Nevr-Dull

A coworker of mine that's into motorcycles recommended Nevr-Dull to me for rust removal/chrome polishing. I thought I'd give it a shot and write a short review on it. I bought the can at Walmart for about $5. IMG_0748 by LowpowerD, on Flickr Opening the can, it looks like cotton wading and...
  4. LowpowerD

Vintage Trouble

Built posts here: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=73066 Finished bike: IMG_0704 by LowpowerD, on Flickr IMG_0703 by LowpowerD, on Flickr IMG_0702 by LowpowerD, on Flickr IMG_0705 by LowpowerD, on Flickr IMG_0706 by LowpowerD, on Flickr IMG_0707 by LowpowerD, on Flickr IMG_0708 by LowpowerD, on...
  5. LowpowerD

Got to love flea markets

At last week's flea market I scored up this '53 Schwinn (badged as a B.F. Goodwrench) and a crusty set of S-2's with American made tires. IMG_0664 by LowpowerD, on Flickr IMG_0679 by LowpowerD, on Flickr
  6. LowpowerD

Vintage Trouble

Did some stripping today: IMG_0584 by LowpowerD, on Flickr Inspired by: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtZ6DoeimP4 Jason Graham http://jasongrahamhotrods.com/
  7. LowpowerD

One for each of us

Early Monday morning I picked up this badly repainted wartime Huffman: IMG_0534 by LowpowerD, on Flickr The rear rim is a replacement and the front is wasted, but both hubs are in good shape. IMG_0536 by LowpowerD, on Flickr IMG_0537 by LowpowerD, on Flickr And black out crank. IMG_0539 by...
  8. LowpowerD

Raised By Horses

My ADD always gets the best of me, especially during RRBBO time. I just can't build one bike at a time, so here I go. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=57468 I'm going to start messing with the men's Huffman. My wife has started to refer to it as the "old blue horse". Eventually I'd like to restore it, it...
  9. LowpowerD

Tire restoration?

Has anyone ever tried using a rubber adhesive to fix cracking tires? Like shoe glue?
  10. LowpowerD

A good day in bike land

So the wifey (Littlebluetrike) and I scored pretty good today. As I was finalizing my deal, she called me up to brag about her find. I'll show hers first. IMG_0214 by LowpowerD, on Flickr 1980 Schwinn Town and Country Tri-wheeler. And now for mine. IMG_0217 by LowpowerD, on Flickr Ladies...
  11. LowpowerD

The Kraken

Alright! I got started earlier today and got a lot done. '41 or '42 Huffman built Western Flyer blown apart to just the frame. IMG_0180 by LowpowerD, on Flickr Seat parts have been hit with white vinegar and brass brush, almost ready to paint! IMG_0181 by LowpowerD, on Flickr The crank...
  12. LowpowerD

Guitar amplifiers

Ok, I did a search and came up empty handed. I know there's a bunch of guitar players on RRB. What do you guys use? Or what do you wish you could play through? Not only do I love old bikes, I also love old amps. IMG_0172 by LowpowerD, on Flickr That's a Gibson Les Paul '58 Reissue with a...
  13. LowpowerD

Today's Find 4/15/12

I didn't have bike luck yesterday at the Valley Center city wide garage sale. But I scored pretty good at today's flee market. Lady's Hathorne: IMG_0169 by LowpowerD, on Flickr From left to right. Small horn, big horn, taillight, headlight/horn combo, eight ball shifter knob. In the...
  14. LowpowerD

Help w/id this Western Flyer

DSCN2900 by LowpowerD, on Flickr Most Roadmasters and Western Flyers are CWCs, right. This Western Flyer has different frame geometry than any of my other CWCs. It's got me stumped. Help please.
  15. LowpowerD

Ride to the new fire station 4/7/12

I live in Newton, KS. Population around 19,000. Not much happens around here, but when something does, it's a big deal. I knew when they built a new fire station on the south end of town, I was going to have to ride out there and check it out. Bikes are ready to go. IMG_0129 by LowpowerD, on...
  16. LowpowerD

The good ol' days

I like looking at old adds like this: http://www.nostalgic.net/bicycle291/picture1103 And then a value calculator: http://www.dollartimes.com/calculators/inflation.htm $9.51 (2012 money) for a chain might seem pricey but the product quality was high. At 70 years old, many are still in service.
  17. LowpowerD

My wife's doom

So my wife got this great big ol' ding dong bell. She's been driving me nuts will it. She thinks she's cute. This ought to get her good LOL. IMG_0107 by LowpowerD, on Flickr
  18. LowpowerD

Flea Market wheel set

Picked these up for on the cheap today at the flea market. There's a couple guys that set up there, know what I'm looking for and that I have cash in hand. One guy will even hold back the "good stuff" until I've picked through it. Anyway, here's the wheel set. IMG_0096 by LowpowerD, on Flickr...
  19. LowpowerD

Spitfire that thinks it's a Wasp

Here's the link to Fresh Finds to show what I started with. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=51013 From some research, it looks like a Spitfire with a Wasp chain guard. I already have a Panther II with S-7s, so I wanted to do something different here. I ditched the S-7s and slipped on some S-2s w/26x2.125...
  20. LowpowerD

Todays find

My friend texted me about a Schwinn "Wasp" for sale in someone's front yard for $35. I was all over it. Sure it's a Schwinn and it has a Wasp chain guard. The paint on the frame does not match the chain guard. Scored it for $30. It's got chubby grips and S-7s with Goodyear tires. If it really is...
Back