◘◘◘◘◘ \/\/estern ƒlyer Šuper ◘◘◘◘◘ first post-BO mod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ◘◘◘◘◘ \/\/estern ƒlyer Šuper ◘◘◘◘◘ IT'S A RIDER

thatismytruck said:
That did it. You may have earned my vote.

You had my vote from the beginng! :D Bike came out great :mrgreen:

Re: ◘◘◘◘◘ \/\/estern ƒlyer Šuper ◘◘◘◘◘ ALLLLL DONE

Thanks Nick. Thanks RM; we may have similar tastes, but not similar skills. Your bike is amazing - much more artistic.

I weighed it tonight. 47.5 lbs. ouch.

yzyhupah.jpg

Re: ◘◘◘◘◘ \/\/estern ƒlyer Šuper ◘◘◘◘◘ DONE, vid & weigh-in

and here's my ride video:

(Oops wrong video)

Haha! Thanks Nick.

I make all my bikes easy to pedal. I like the chainrings from Huffy girls bikes and kids bikes. They look good and have a low tooth count.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
I make all my bikes easy to pedal. I like the chainrings from Huffy girls bikes and kids bikes. They look good and have a low tooth count.

I bought a BMX sprocket (44 tooth I think) at Monson for the HRD, but have not put it on yet. The bike has been sitting because it hurts to pedal :lol:

I can't wait to ride the Western Flyer Super, this is a really cool build 8) Good luck in the voting :wink:

Your bike will be perfect with that 44

Great looking bike! Definitely like that mesh tank, looks solid from high angles then all but disappears from the side except the number.

thanks for the comments guys. I hadn't realized how see through it is until I watched that video.

400 photos today with MIL. Oy, now to figure out which ones to post.

Thank you tvc

Your MIL took some super photos, but they are only a reflection of the work you put into to this well balanced build. Glad to see this contender getting some good love in the polls too! Nice work buddy!

Thanks Brian, but holy cow, I think you're in second place. Go go go!

Re: ◘◘◘◘◘ \/\/estern ƒlyer Šuper ◘◘◘◘◘ IT'S A RIDER

How did you go about making new bushings? I have a X53 fork with really old springs I would like to replace. If I find a close set of springs how are the bushings held in place inside the spring? Thanks.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Made the new springs fit (bought from Century Spring) by making new bushings. The new springs are a little taller, so I needed bushings with no shoulder.

ne8egy6y.jpg

na2evupa.jpg

tazequna.jpg

upyhazyb.jpg

It still pogos a bit, but it's better.

All that's left to do is convert sealed beam '67 Mustang fog light to LED.

Kind of hard to describe. These new springs I used would not accept the original bushings, they are a tad longer. I could not come up with a way of compressing them to get them in. So I made some shoulderless bushings that fit in the inside diameter of spring, ground flats on the bushings, and tightened them with a bearing cone wrench. Kind of hack.

If I come up a spring compressor and I get to use the original shoulder bushings, I'm hoping that will fix the pogo-ing. But I may also just make a hard rubber piece for inside the springs to limit their travel.

My first post build off mod:

A perfect matched patina rack I bought from Vintagebikelover. In these photos it's just sitting there unfastened, but that's pretty much how it will look. No struts needed

e2ypyryg.jpg

ebanu2an.jpg

pegygegy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Latest posts

Back