‘65 Rollfast - final pic’s

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was trying to do a “one day deal” but I do want to freshen it up with some BLO.

So, we’ll try for a 1 weekend deal.

Starting point:
F346703F-4EB3-4119-83B8-10CD0AC28D77.jpeg
8057F393-AE1D-4303-A25C-558D3A0607BD.jpeg
53DB474F-79CB-491A-AE0A-FA1E80DD7FD9.jpeg

I believe that bike will clean up really nice!

Wll you tap the dent out of the fender? You can borrow my wood block if you want. Rollfast fenders are a tight fit but it worked. Very neat bike.
Thanks!

Yeah, I’m going to address the fenders tomorrow.

I scrubbed it up, rinsed it off, then let it drip dry.

I’ll straighten the dents the best I can, then shine the chrome with windex or bike lust.

If you are so inclined, you can take a rag and spray paint gloss black onto the rag and dab it on the rusty spots and then wipe the excess off. It really just darkens the surface but will make the overall look it still has character but looks great a few feet away.

I took the black paint on this bike from this:
0CBCED9E-D1C9-4D4B-8B4A-BBCCED615728.jpeg

To this:
C0C7C2CA-41A5-4EEB-A93D-E3C61F67D9DE.jpeg

Just by doing the rag trick and hand buffing and polished. I didn’t re-spray the black on the frame or fenders, but I did mask and respray the white.

I like the rail on that seat. I was looking for a way to mount a bicycle license to Top Catastrophe and found a strip of aluminum and immediately thought of the rail. So I mounted the strip to sort of mimic a seat rail. I learn so much from you guys.

If you are so inclined, you can take a rag and spray paint gloss black onto the rag and dab it on the rusty spots and then wipe the excess off. It really just darkens the surface but will make the overall look it still has character but looks great a few feet away.

I took the black paint on this bike from this: View attachment 129510

To this: View attachment 129511

Just by doing the rag trick and hand buffing and polished. I didn’t re-spray the black on the frame or fenders, but I did mask and respray the white.
Great tip; let me give it a try!!!

The Rollfast is sweet.

Clean it up just enough, (safe & reliable) and put updated mtn.bike components on it, run some smooth skins on it. Just putting a little spin on the traditional look of the classic.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ok @Rat Pilot I wimped out on the touch up!!!

The instant I do the touch up, for “a little more time and work” I could do a strategic respray. For me, one thing would lead to another and the next thing you know, I’ve got it sand blasted, I’m getting quotes on rechroming the fenders and looking for decals!!!! Lol

So, I just opted to do boiled linseed oil and be done.

I did however, scab the truss fork thing off my ‘61 Rollfast and spray it!!!!

So, my one day, then one weekend, now two weekend hop-up is going ok.

Hour wise, I don’t have a ton of time into this. I’m just spreading it out so stuff dries.

The goal was quick flip, minimal time n cash. Pretty much on course, just my breaks between tasks has been stretched out.
B4F6BC09-2FA0-4A7E-8A31-4911DD7FC12C.jpeg
FB1C02C1-174D-4763-A204-B1EEEA980C08.jpeg
2E709B7C-06B1-458A-A13A-9CBBBA7B7C55.jpeg

Last edited:
I was reading about DP Harris Company - Rollfast - and one of the bicycle brands they made was The Royal Flyer. The article had a photo of 13 bike badges - all cut from the same shape oval blank. Maybe they borrowed from their own history to name your model.

I was reading about DP Harris Company - Rollfast - and one of the bicycle brands they made was The Royal Flyer. The article had a photo of 13 bike badges - all cut from the same shape oval blank. Maybe they borrowed from their own history to name your model.
Great info!!!! Thanks!!!’

Latest posts

Back