‘75 Mag-ray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently picked up this little stingray, and since it’s already been converted I figured I would enter it. I would say there’s about a 50% chance that I’ll get it done by the deadline. I’m still trying to find to finish my muscle bike build.
1CF7F91E-E180-4060-A08A-9BB6BB9F1CEF.jpeg
B88C25F1-8329-462A-BBDE-C5E687BDA8E3.jpeg
D2014CA4-0DB1-4B2B-88F3-E2D3C38702FB.jpeg

I think I’ll put a banana seat back on it. On a good day I can barely ride a stingray, and with a regular seat it feels super tiny. That being said it’s actually a good rider. Out of curiosity is there a name for bikes that were converted to bmx? Like how kids made early muscle bikes they were called pig bikes.

I’ve had these Lester mags in my garage for a long while. I actually can’t remember why or where I got them from. Looks like they were originally yellow but I plan to repaint them black.
B485162B-9A83-4013-921B-9C282AD6D2DF.jpeg

Put on some tires to see which way to go. I think they both look good, but I ordered a set of whitewall knobbies. I’ve always liked the look of whitewalls on black wheels.
View attachment 150366View attachment 150367
Looks like you've got another fun project there! I agree, white walls on black wheels is the way to go. Looking forward to seeing how this and your other MBBO project come along!

Lesters are cool stuff man. I redid a pair by completely removing all the old yellow paint. Man, that was a chore. It was like a thick powder coating. Ended up just leaving them bare cast metal. I posted the pics last year or so. Think I called it Huffy something.
Don’t forget to remove the broken reflector brackets.

Lesters are cool stuff man. I redid a pair by completely removing all the old yellow paint. Man, that was a chore. It was like a thick powder coating. Ended up just leaving them bare cast metal. I posted the pics last year or so. Think I called it Huffy something.
Don’t forget to remove the broken reflector brackets.
I thought about leaving them bare too, but I’ll probably scuff and spray them black. I was planning on cleaning up the broken bracket. Not sure if I’ll cut off the good one to match.

I would have a hard time cutting off the unbroken bracket. I posted mine in the BMX section as 83 Huffy pro thunder if you wanna check it out.

Continuing to figure out what parts to use on this. I had this 16” schwinn banana seat that I plan to recover. I think the small banana will look good on a bmx build. Also got a new wald 13/16 seatpost, the one on the bike was from a cruiser and was only about 6 inches long. The seat actually came on my ‘68 that is in the muscle bike category.
C80D9D48-E3F2-4830-AA1D-7430743E4BE5.jpeg
9932DEA0-D722-4768-9DE7-AC413F3F4318.jpeg

I ordered some automotive upholstery material for the seat.
5D9E7E1C-7AD0-4593-8199-E44467421717.jpeg

New tires came into today too.
326B7D4E-29E4-48D3-BA48-E0C31CB93637.jpeg

@Oak Tree your wheels look so good. Almost makes me want to strip mine, but I know I don’t have the time. I think you are right, I’ll trim off the broken one and leave the complete one.
what about trace the unbroken one, make it out of metal and jb weld it on?

Latest posts

Back