••••\Ya·Ku·Za/•••• " lotsO clear update pics "

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ••••••\Ya·Ku·Za/•••••• !Guinness World Record?! •

imagearchy said:
ossum said:
Echoing everyone else, these things are hardcore, I dig them.

I am curious though, they look really thick in the pictures. Is that an optical illusion or are they much thicker than regular MTB discs? If so, how do they fit in the calipers?
They are 12 guage steel. The same thickness as the originals. It may look thicker because it may be cut at an angle on most edges. The plasma cutter does not alwase cut perpendicular to the surface because electricity and compressed air in a plasma cutter are continualy in a chaotic state. It is tough to tune!
That may be true but at least youll have NO lack of stopping power,ya know-stop on a dime and get 6 cents change.

Here is the hardware for the rotors. Nothin special. Stainless countersunk bolts and lock washers. With nickle plated acorn nuts. 24 nuts n bolts gets expensive! Ace hardware is getting way out of hand on prices....
436ce687.jpg

imagearchy said:
ossum said:
Echoing everyone else, these things are hardcore, I dig them.

I am curious though, they look really thick in the pictures. Is that an optical illusion or are they much thicker than regular MTB discs? If so, how do they fit in the calipers?
They are 12 guage steel. The same thickness as the originals. It may look thicker because it may be cut at an angle on most edges. The plasma cutter does not alwase cut perpendicular to the surface because electricity and compressed air in a plasma cutter are continualy in a chaotic state. It is tough to tune!

Aha, I see, that' makes sense. I didn't know that (or anything else) about plasma cutters.

Re: ••••••\Ya·Ku·Za/•••••• !aaaaahhh nuuts! •

This is the sprocket i have chosen to use. If it works or not?
I dont know, but its the look i am going for. Thats with out the bash guard and the printing.
6e67ad5f.jpg

Re: ••••••\Ya·Ku·Za/••••••

You should build a bike for the Hand made bicycle show!! What else do you have up your sleeve? 8)

Oneuglybike said:
You should build a bike for the Hand made bicycle show!! What else do you have up your sleeve? 8)
I may have a thing or two?

The Freaky Bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

The darn mailman mis-delivered my crank! Some fool didnt return it! Now i have to change my plans!
I did pick up this cool 49 hawthorne at a yard sale for $100! I am probably going to flip it to make some money for my build.
6ac565da.jpg

The horn and headlight work off of the same batteries! Never seen that before?

Nice catch, but we really need to see some photos of these sick giant throwing stars

1a76e087.jpg

imagearchy said:
The darn mailman mis-delivered my crank! Some fool didnt return it! Now i have to change my plans!
I did pick up this cool 49 hawthorne at a yard sale for $100! I am probably going to flip it to make some money for my build.
6ac565da.jpg

Wanna sell the tank??

Critter1 said:
imagearchy said:
6ac565da.jpg

Wanna sell the tank??
Sorry. i am selling it as a rider after i do a patina restore. It has a nice stainless tank & fenders!

Never thought i would be pressing a head tube race into a crank tube?
59cc8cda.jpg

Figured i would be the only builder this year with a Dana 3 speed transmission but i am
Pretty sure that there is another! Its alot lighter than i thought it would be and it brings the center
Of gravity a lot lower...!
d4e0b05b.jpg

I will have some modifying to do to get it to fit right. I will need to narrow the crank set tube about 8mm to get the cranks axle to fit right. Maybe modify the transmission sprocket to double the teeth to get the chain to clear the frame.
I have some magic coming my way via USPS to help me out with the aluminum mods..
17aac743.jpg

And the part i have been dreading.. Drilling 12 holes into the side wall of my 26" x2.5" Felt wheels.
Ouch*!* but it will be worth it. I will have 12 studs per rim to tac in and some thread tapping to do too.
1f5969a3.jpg

Slow but sure...

Sorry to say but the last time I checked up was after the Denver cruise pics ... I was impressed with the frame back then now my mind is blown actually seeing those breaks !!! Awesome stuff man 8)

I guess that I have been so blown away by your giant throwing stars that somehow I completely forgot about your wicked frame!!!

side.jpg

I lost count of how many Girvin or Girvin-esque forks there are in BO7 too!

Latest posts

Back