▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ '67' ░▒▓█▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ FINISHED ░▒▓█▄▀▄▀▄▀

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funkme

𝐰𝐰𝐰.𝐟𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞.𝐧𝐮𝐭
Reaction score
KGrHqNhsE-SnJnYHBPq2vecUg60_12.jpg

Ok so I am !!!! I fineally decided to enter,this will be my first comp and my second build...
Now bear with me,as I am just getting use to this site,I am much better @ building then,playing on a PC.

Couldnt decide on what frame to use,most of my american frames are girls...(genderbenders).
Rules are NO frame shape changing. :( So I am being a good ole girl...Every frame I own,Needs some bending or slicing n dicing...Xcept this 1(for some reason I hadn't chopped it up).

'67' is a late starter,but hoping to cross the finish line...
Most of the parts will b homemade,or found @ dump site/trash bins/roadside litter etc
Xcept wheels n tires(which I had)

So I decided to start with this from a trash site...Just your typical mountain bike frame dinged,rusty,oh and a bent rear end..
11062012128.jpg

In the mix...Bits n pieces lying around.Old garelli tank..Deciding on which forks to use?

10062012123.jpg

Now which forks? Mmmmmm Lets go with these ole suspension forks...
A ground mock up...

10062012127.jpg

Re: '67'

Welcome to BO7!
Looking forward to that tank and rear suspension

Thanx,not going to be easy, need to make them wider by 2cm? + one suspension is stiff... The front ones are missing there dust covers.. :lol:
I did just purchase some cheap triple tree mountain bike forks :p
I could do a switch a roo...

kingfish254 said:
Welcome to BO7!
Looking forward to that tank and rear suspension

Ok the seat :wink: ...Or the makings of !!!

13062012134.jpg

The green thing is half or whats left of a plant chemical sprayer, + some wood ,old dirty foam, and left over vinyl from my 1983 XR200R. Recycling is a challenge :lol:

Remember I live in Greece on a lil island called Mykonos...We dont have fancy frames + parts...I gen have to order from all over the world...The parts are cheap but postage stings!!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of RatRodBikes!You are among some of the most knowledgable,imaginative and helpful people around :!: You have some great stuff to build with and have piqued my interest.(Not just because I was fascinated by Greece as a kid :lol: )Your mock up shows all the elements of a great rat rod :!:

In your opening post,I get the impression that you are a girl.(Major bonus points)
Cool avatar.Great user name (that old 60's 70's funk ignited my love of music!)
I am anticipating a great build :wink:
Have fun :!:

My wife and I have been to Santorini and Kerkyra, but not Mykonos yet.

Looking at your parts I am thinking maybe this is gonna be a cafe racer?

Looking forward to see what cool things you pull together. It is very fun making parts out of non bike stuff.

Yep,a girl is right,more like a ole lady... :lol: hence the 67, a great year... Thanx I hope it all goes according to plan...
Been trollin ratrodbikes for a year or two,but only joined at the begining of the year...Have been waiting on this comp...I love the way people have come together for some good old fashion fun...As far as I know I am the first in Greece to do this,my idea was to introduce building for the kids...

Circa Cycles said:
Welcome to the wonderful world of RatRodBikes!You are among some of the most knowledgable,imaginative and helpful people around :!: You have some great stuff to build with and have piqued my interest.(Not just because I was fascinated by Greece as a kid :lol: )Your mock up shows all the elements of a great rat rod :!:

In your opening post,I get the impression that you are a girl.(Major bonus points)
Cool avatar.Great user name (that old 60's 70's funk ignited my love of music!)
I am anticipating a great build :wink:
Have fun :!:

Ole only when people my age are around me... :lol: Havin 15yr olds and younger kids hanging around keeps me young...
Peatbog said:
What!? You think being born in '67 makes you old? HA! You're a youngster around here.*

*Well, to some of us anyway.

Cool another dual suspension bike in BO7!

Yours is VERY creative. I don't think I have seen front shocks put on the rear.

All the cafe racer style bicycles I've seen done on this bike always look top notch, and this one is no different! Can't wait to see the outcome.

How many women do we have in the build this year now?

Funkme said:
Ok so seat time...

17062012144-1.jpg

Mock up 2;

17062012142.jpg

Off to a great start 8) 8)
'67 WAS a good year.But not for my parents.I was 2 :lol: :lol:

1967,,,,That was the year before I got my Sears Screamer 2 for Christmas.

I'm curious to know how many girls have entered aswell ???

yoothgeye said:
All the cafe racer style bicycles I've seen done on this bike always look top notch, and this one is no different! Can't wait to see the outcome.

How many women do we have in the build this year now?

Man ! yr grady rocket is one of my fav bikes.Well done on that one...The color combo is so fab,that I decided to use it on 2 bikes...A 20's Automoto 27" and I have a 1939 girls hawthorne frame w/ truss forks,which will have a gender change then turned into a boardtracker w/ sidecar.(winter project)
180120121973.jpg

char said:
Cool start. I'll be watching this one. Have fun building! :)

'67'

Funkme said:
Remember I live in Greece on a lil island called Mykonos...We dont have fancy frames + parts...I gen have to order from all over the world...The parts are cheap but postage stings!!!
Your gonna fit in perfectly here! Welcome to BO-7. Can't wait to see what your imagination has in store! Looking good so far.

Latest posts

Back