▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ '67' ░▒▓█▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ FINISHED ░▒▓█▄▀▄▀▄▀

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: '67'

kingfish254 said:
Man oh man, I love that honey pot!!!!
Dream on while you wait!!!
I can tell you are going to be a welcome addition to RRB!!!

How do you find the time to build,and answer all these posts,+ juggle a family?
Also once you have finished the bike is there somewhere else you post the photo for the comp?thanx

I am just a forum bot that Steve created.

There will be a Finished Bikes Sub Forum started for us to post completed entries. Check out the archive and you will see how it was done in previous BO's.

Yo Funkme, we have a second lady builder in the BO7 mix!!!
Check out the Lauper Chauper in the "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" thread.

kingfish254 said:

Brilliant!!!! Would luv to see more girls entering,"Give you boys a run for your money" :lol:

Funkme said:
kingfish254 said:

Brilliant!!!! Would luv to see more girls entering,"Give you boys a run for your money" :lol:

I think it would be cool too. It adds a different flavor to the mix.

Oh yeah, girls can rock rat bikes too! The fat tire look is going to be amazing on your build 8) :D
Can't wait to see some more!!

Ok so forks have arrived...Now I need to decide which ones? Was wanting to use the red ones and leave the chrome for another project.
Unfortunately the reds arnt wide enuff to fit the 3" wide fats...And the chrome ones are a bit to shiny and heavy looking. Tried to stretch the forks a little but they decided they wernt going to be part of that idea...So I guess i will have to have smaller tires...

I also have to modify the head as it is a 1" the forks stem is 11/8"...I could change the stem to a 1",but just thought it would be easier to split and weld in a head pipe from off a ole bmx ...Any thoughts ?

11072012346.jpg

The headlight is painted.Want to turn it into a solar powered light....Hey with so much sun here,why not...
11072012347.jpg

char said:
Looking good. Solar powered light would be cool! Looking forward to seeing how you do it.
So am I... :lol: Still trying to come up with a solution for the fork head...

I like the all chrome forks best.
I know there are posts on the forum where people have replace the steering tube.
I have never done it.

Good luck!

kingfish254 said:
I like the all chrome forks best.
I know there are posts on the forum where people have replace the steering tube.
I have never done it.

Good luck!
I think i will settle on the red as,they will be orange to go with the rest of the bike...The chrome forks,i think i want to use them on a stretched basmen style frame they i would like to weld from scratch...
Only problem is the reds dont fit the fatti "o" tires...i would love to get some jeralds or hanks,but seem impossible from this side of the world...Will try a alternative look maybe a thin tire on the front and a fat on the rear....

Skinny front with fat rear end looks cool too!!!

kingfish254 said:
Skinny front with fat rear end looks cool too!!!

Yep they do,but i do prefer fats all around... :) Just trying to match the treads is not so easy.... :wink:
Maybe project346 or thick brick or 3ggg's ?...Too many choices... :mrgreen:

Ok decided on handlebars,length is perfect. Was going to use a old set from my pocket bike,but wer to short...
16072012413.jpg

Downhill forks with all the extras cut off,ready for sanding and painting...
16072012414.jpg

A little on the short side...
16072012415.jpg

No worries, extended the ends to fit the 1 1/8 stem to fit...
16072012418.jpg

Ready for welding.
16072012420.jpg

Very creative idea. I don't think I have seen that done before!!!!

bike2112 said:
Aside from being an extremely creative idea, you even have a serial number and some person 50 years from now is going to be trying to figure out what the heck kind of frame this is cause the serial number doesnt match the frame.

:lol: I was going to get rid of the numbers.MMMm but maybe I will leave them now...Headtube was off a bmx,thought it would be the easiest way to make it work...Maybe I might add something extra a little later on...

Welded but still needs more filling and grinding...Not a welder but I enjoy trying...
17072012436.jpg

Note to oneself: Never weld in flip flops. :shock: :lol:
17072012431.jpg

Ouch, there was another builder that said not to grind in flip flops either.

kingfish254 said:
Ouch, there was another builder that said not to grind in flip flops either.

Ouch wasnt wot I said... My french improved somewhat. :lol: What makes it even more :oops: is its not the first time... :lol: It's just toooo hot to put shoes on thou...

Latest posts

Back