█★█ starsNbars █★█ 38 Hawthorne Twin Bar 5 Bar ☠ - Red White and RUST - Tied for 7th Place

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yell it has randomly popped up on Google images many times, & I think I saw it on bikeforums.

I forgot that I posted over on bikeforums. Here is a video of me riding and running down tourists.

Lol I was on bike forums for a while but its not my cup o tea. Funny enough I just checked and my login still works.

Definitely a lot more life over here. I am just wondering what weird google searches return pics of Fugsley ( motorcycle tire water ski bike) :D

Seeing as I search for old bikes as reference photos mostly coming up from being posted in threads like this... It probably would come up on a search for starsnbars now

It does. Just googled "starsnbars bike"

I saw the cobble stones and immediate knew that you were on River Street in Savannah... Then I saw your locations and said, "oh yeah"

Welcome to RRB. Are you local to Savannah?

Broke down most of starsNbars for clean up and paint.
Discovered that one of my BB bearings came out of its sleeve. Couldn't find any damage though.
WP_20140716_19_11_05_Pro.jpg
WP_20140716_19_11_15_Pro.jpg

Too many sweet jumps

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

No jumps for this one. :D I am guessing this was autocorrect's way of saying "too much sweet junk". :p

:)Who you calling a turkey?!!!!:mad:

Removed the girvin forks and primed them and got to use my yard sale towel holder / painted parts hanger for the first time.
WP_20140717_19_19_17_Pro.jpg

Ever since I made the nanner front beehive bracket, I have planned to do add some Drillium holes to play against the ring of Iver Johnson chainguard holes. I laid out the holes to decrease in size with a very crude drill press vise. A couple of the holes are far from perfect, but I still like the rattiness of it. This will be painted with the textured rust paint just like the forks.
WP_20140717_19_52_23_Pro.jpg
WP_20140717_20_22_09_Pro.jpg
WP_20140717_20_43_49_Pro.jpg
WP_20140717_20_47_15_Pro.jpg
WP_20140717_20_47_23_Pro.jpg
WP_20140717_20_47_50_Pro.jpg

I am really liking my parts hanger! Primed a few more parts this evening.
I also laid down the base coat of textured paint on the forks. I am using the lighter redder of the two paints for the base coat.
I then used the old chainguard that I had painted the front end with the same paint last month. I took the darker browner texture paint and randomly sprayed areas from a farther distance. I like the test result so far. I am going to do the opposite on some of the other parts.
WP_20140718_18_34_46_Pro.jpg

I finally made it home and wanted to thank you again for the cruise, info and history lesson. Savannah is a terrific place to ride and I'm really glad we were able to hook up. I see you got your 'horny' cabled up. I like the way the horn seems to 'nod' as it is activated.
I know it has been said many times on websites, but it is especially true here with bikes. Pictures just do not do justice for these builds. StarsNbars SCREAMS cool. It really needs to be seen to be appreciated for the time and effort put into it. And I didn't get to see it completed!

Holes are always good. Second I like the parts hanger too although its looking a bit like a bicycle parts mobile at the moment

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I posted it in the Bike Art thread. :)

Latest posts

Back