█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER - FINISHED THREAD - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ THE TWINFLEX SPACELINER!!!!!!!

THANKS FOR VOTING MY BUILD - 5th PLACE
BUILD INDEX

BO7 BUILD THREAD HERE :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=56671&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

flexy_front.jpg

flexy_back.jpg

Are you ready for some Flexiness???!!! :p

Anyone that followed my build knows that it is PIC HEAVY, well this thread is gonna be the same. I tried to take photos that not only show off the bike, but also show off my beautiful hometown, Savannah, GA.

I JUST POSTED THE REST OF MY PHOTOS PAGE 1 IN THE THIRD POST,

Here is my BO7 Flex-Liner 7 build thread by the way – (viewtopic.php?f=67&t=56671&st=0&sk=t&sd=a)

aIMG_8216.jpg

aIMG_8192.jpg

This build is dedicated to my loving Grandmother “MA” who passed away Friday August 3rd just a couple of months shy of the grand age of 94.
She popped a wheelie and rode that sucker all the way to heaven!!

aIMG_8005-1.jpg

Some of you guys may remember my wacky BO6 bike BEER RUN and my silly monster bike FUGSLEY. This year I started to go that route, but decided instead to build a cool city rider for me.

The rare 1939 Huffman TwinFlex has such a cool rear suspension design, I decided to build a TwinFlex inspired full suspension Spaceliner.
I started with this 1960s Sears Spaceliner frame which now has the following features
- TwinFlex Rear Suspension
- Beehive Springer Fork
- Flying Freaky Bunny Tiger teeth hand painted on Chainguard, Seat, and Helmet
- Star Chainring with Dogleg Crank
- Nexus 7 hub with modified Muscle Bike Stick Shift
- Police Spotlight and 54 Chevy / 53 Ford Hood Ornament

This build and build off has been a blast to participate in. I have followed practically every step of EVERY build and you guys ROCK. I hope your bikes are as fun to ride as mine is!!!

IMAGE_347.jpg

Here we go with the finished photos. There will be a lot of them. There are a lot of details to this bike, so take your time and enjoy the ride.

I finally made it to the finish line!!

aIMG_7984.jpg

aIMG_8088.jpg

Tickets are available now
aIMG_8080.jpg

Here is the biggest feature of Flexy. The TwinFlex Rear Suspension. There are two pivot points on the extended rear dropouts and the Flex is transferred to the TwinFlex Springer Assembly just behind the seat.

aIMG_8170.jpg

aIMG_8020.jpg

aIMG_8019.jpg

The Spaceliner guard just screamed to be painted with the Flying Freaky Bunny Tiger teeth. I also backlit the louvers and Evil Eye. The chainguard also sports header pipes.

aIMG_8134.jpg

aIMG_8214.jpg

aIMG_8152.jpg

It seems fitting to have a bike with so much Flying Tiger teeth to be in between our WWII monument.
aIMG_8107.jpg

aIMG_8115.jpg

aIMG_8069.jpg

aIMG_8066.jpg

aIMG_8062.jpg

I also have a Nexus 7 hub being shifted by a modified twin tube muscle bike shifter. Both the shifter and the speedo have custom speeds of MACH, WARP, LUDICROUS, and 11.

aIMG_8153.jpg

aIMG_8120.jpg

aIMG_8149.jpg

The old seat pan also got the Flying Freaky Bunny Tiger Teeth treatment
aIMG_8009.jpg

aIMG_8116.jpg

The front suspension is handle with an old beehive springer that I added fins to match the pointy Spaceliner drops. I also added the 54 Chevy/53 Ford hoodie along with custom trusses and spotlight support. I also have the custom limited edition “007” Rat Rod Bikes head badge.
aIMG_8183.jpg

aIMG_8181.jpg

aIMG_8169.jpg

aIMG_7998.jpg

aIMG_8061.jpg

aIMG_8074b.jpg

aIMG_8085.jpg

The lights are wild hare bunny powered by the Whisky-A-Go-Go Flask with has the switch hidden under the cap. This powers both the guard and the TwinFlex Springer light.

aIMG_8039.jpg

aIMG_8210.jpg

aIMG_8217.jpg

aIMG_8224.jpg

aIMG_8138.jpg

The even erected a Flex-Liner 7 monument
aIMG_8074.jpg

aIMG_8087.jpg

aIMG_8070.jpg

aIMG_8109.jpg

aIMG_8105.jpg

aIMG_8104.jpg

aIMG_8092.jpg

aIMG_8057.jpg

aIMG_8082.jpg

Re: PLEASE VOTE FOR █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ THE TWINFLEX SPACELINER

HERE IS MY COOL PARTS LIST!!
1960s Chrome Sears Spaceliner Frame
1960s Spaceliner Chainguard (hand painted for with Flying Freaky Bunny Tiger mouth and glowing Evil Eye)
1939 Huffman TwinFlex inspired rear suspension (not really a part, but cool re-use of old engineering)
1940s Snyder Hawthorne BeeHive Springer Fork
1960s Murray Meteor Flite ladies rear end drops and seat stays
1960s AMF Skyrider Star Chainring
1940s dogleg crank
1954 Chevy hood ornament Eagle with 1953 Ford jet hood ornament wings
1960s twin tube 5 speed muscle bike shifter
200x Schwinn SS Sport black rims
200x Bontrager Redline Hank tires
2012 Shimano Nexus 7 hub
200x Clubman motorcycle handlebars
2012 Rat Rod Bikes 007 Headbadge
1950s Unity Police Spotlight (with 2012 Walmart plastic water pitcher lid lens)
Flex-Liner 7 Logo (collaboration with Petrohead)
LED lights behind chainguard louvers and Evil Eye
LED lights for TwinFlex springer cover
200x Schwinn SS Sport bow pedals
Chainguard header pipes from copper 45 elbows
Harley Davidson 7 Ball pool kickstand
Mini 7 Pool Balls for stick shift and valve caps.
Whisky-A-Go-Go Whisky Flask power pack and number badge (contains battery and switch for TwinFlex and Chainguard lights
1950s springer seat pan (hand painted for with Flying Freaky Bunny Tiger mouth)
Duplicolor Metalcast Red Paint
Custom Speedo and Shifter labels with MACH – WARP – LUDICROUS – 11 Speeds
1990s Columbia MTB slingshot stem
Yard sale half helmet (hand painted for with Flying Freaky Bunny Tiger mouth)
TwinFlex rear spring cover from Cocktail shaker
Kickstand shot class from Cocktail Shaker (hand painted for with Flying Freaky Bunny Tiger mouth)
Color matching shifter cable
1990s Emory Grips
Saddle spring Beehive springer topper
KMC Red Chain

Okay, you guys know me and how many pics I posted for my build thread.
Here is another round of photos.
HANG ON PIC HEAVY!!!

aIMG_8013.jpg

aIMG_8016.jpg

aIMG_8017.jpg

acIMG_8119.jpg

aIMG_8052.jpg

aIMG_8054.jpg

aIMG_8028.jpg

aIMG_8030.jpg

aIMG_8032.jpg

aIMG_8075.jpg

aIMG_8081.jpg

aIMG_8086.jpg

aIMG_8089.jpg

aIMG_8033.jpg

aIMG_8036.jpg

aIMG_8038.jpg

aIMG_8099.jpg

aIMG_8100.jpg

aIMG_8108.jpg

aIMG_8124.jpg

aIMG_8042.jpg

aIMG_8121.jpg

aIMG_8153.jpg

aIMG_8154.jpg

acIMG_8129.jpg

aIMG_8050.jpg

aIMG_8111.jpg

aIMG_8130.jpg

aIMG_8132.jpg

aIMG_8055.jpg

aIMG_7996.jpg

aIMG_8045.jpg

aIMG_8212.jpg

aIMG_7987.jpg

aIMG_8048.jpg

aIMG_8064.jpg

aIMG_8035.jpg

aIMG_8095.jpg

aIMG_8031.jpg

aIMG_8211.jpg

aIMG_8047.jpg

aIMG_8201.jpg

aIMG_8123.jpg

reserved

Wow!! Your bike looks very cool! So many innovative ideas, all working well together :shock: 8)
Great pictures too! I see you are a rider with the same kinda mind set as me :D Savannah looks beautiful.
Interesting way to solicit votes :lol: Kidding aside, it was great having your humor and support during the build, thanks!

Great work!!! Kingfish you hit a homerun with this one!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Came out fantastic! Lots of very cool ideas going on here. Super attention to detail on every nut and bolt.

Lots of work in it and you can tell!

Joe

raggedjim said:
You DID make the deadline! Great bike, there's something to see no matter where I look!

Good luck, Rg

Of course I was gonna make the deadline!!!! Glad you like Sexy Flexy, she's a flirt and doesn't mind flashing all of her bits and baubles!!

MplsCoaster said:
Wow!! Your bike looks very cool! So many innovative ideas, all working well together :shock: 8)

Thanks man, most of the ideas are thanks to TONS of mockup photos that blew my build thread up to 110 pages!!! I think it flows well too.

MplsCoaster said:
Great pictures too! I see you are a rider with the same kinda brain set as me :D Savannah looks beautiful.

Yes sir!!! I thought the same thing when I looked at your build pics. This is only about one third of the "good enough to post" photos that I have. It was tough culling it down. Savannah is an awesome place and we welcome tourists with a smile (and a cash register :p ). 300K people and we had 11 MILLION visitors last year!!

MplsCoaster said:
Interesting way to solicit votes :lol:

I figured why not :p . In the end it's gonna be the bike that get the votes and not any text (or Slurpees bike2112) I throw out there.

MplsCoaster said:
Kidding aside, it was great having your humor and support during the build, thanks!

It has been fun being one of the class clowns. Jake really impressed me with the way he supported the builds last year, so I made it a point to follow every step of EVERY build. What a blast it has been too!!!!!! Some unbelievable rides out there and some even greater people!!!!

FatBoy said:
Great work!!! Kingfish you hit a homerun with this one!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Thanks fatboy, I had so much fun building this baby! She rides like a dream to!! Front and rear suspension really make a difference and I am still amazed how smoothly the old stick shifter goes through the gears on the Nexus 7.

yeshoney said:
Came out fantastic! Lots of very cool ideas going on here. Super attention to detail on every nut and bolt.

Lots of work in it and you can tell!

Joe

Thanks Joe, nothing like the creative collaboration of the build off to feed off of the inspiration of other builds. It gets in your veins and makes you do stuff you didn't know you could. I tried to make her a beauty, but at the same time she is gonna be a rider, so it's not all glitz and glamour. This baby rides wonderfully!

Ya made it B!! I never doubted it. Top 5-10 this year. You thru everything on us this time. That helmet is krazy kool!!! Always ya build brudder!! Ybj2b!! Peace , Love and Soouulll!!! :mrgreen:

dogdart said:
There were times when I thought you were going to far , but in the end , you really pulled it off . Great Job :D

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!!

Thanks man. She's got a lot of doodads and whizbangs AND TEETH, but I think they all work together too. Thanks for folloing my build and for the support.

Jake Sensi said:
Ya made it B!! I never doubted it. Top 5-10 this year. You thru everything on us this time. That helmet is krazy kool!!! Always ya build brudder!! Ybj2b!! Peace , Love and Soouulll!!! :mrgreen:

Yo Jake, never a question about finishing this baby. It was a blast sharing another build off with you and my BJ Build Brotha!!!!! Hope your wife enjoys her tamed down Joan, and that you get her to make you some sammiches in return!!! PEACE BROTHER!!!

the camera rat is happy happy joy joy and It gose to 11 not ten but 11, most awsomely epic spastastic bike love the fangs and the lights am goin to add a springer rear end on my 82 king sting because of this build.

Awesome bike! I just love it man! You have done an amazing job. All the cool little parts that are all over it are super! Well done :D

Cool pics too! 8)

Latest posts

Back