●●● TRUE TORCH 26" WEBCO PRO CRUISER ●●● FINISHED!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I hadn't specified the bridge to be drilled, but I'm not worried either way. I'm running a CB in the immediate future, but it's not bad to have other options down the line...

I'm sitting here just waiting for UPS... the box has supposedly been on a truck that left the center (one town over) at 6:08AM. The waiting is the hardest part.

-rob

ps- I'm going to have to wait anyway, for enough scratch to buy the cranks, rims, and front hub. The wife and I are buying a new car tomorrow. :shock:

That is so awesome to have photos of your frame being made!

As of last Friday, my fork was out being nickle plated. Should have been shipped this week...I gotta email him for a status update.

eCTGS.jpg

mine arrived yeasterday!

Well, my professional arrived here this evening. It looks great. Welds are really nice. The candy red powdercoat is incredible. I was a little weirded out by the fork maybe a week after i'd placed my order, but after seeing it in-person, with a wheel in it, I gotta say i made the right choice with the moto forks. I was very pleased that my chis king 1" threaded BMX headset fit: the race fit the crown, and the cups fit the frame. Score. The decals, on the other hand, are visibly askew and they are already coming unraveled (the panel-style ones, anyway.) Also, the 7/8" seatpost I'd ordered wasn't in the box. :(

So, I sent an email to Brent at True Torch re: these "issues". I asked him about the missing post, and told him that the guy applying the decals needs to go to AA. Here's the response I got:

"Rob
I’m out of town until next Wednesday. I didn’t pack the frame set myself so I’ll take your word for it and get a seat post out to you when I get back. Sorry for the delay. I’ll tell Johnny to go to AA. He’s not even a good drinker :D
"

All in all, this is a great company to work with. Johnny builds a beautiful frame, and he's got good ppl taking care of customer service. Should the seatpost have been there? Absolutely, but mistakes happen to everyone, and the true measure of a business is how the handle these errors, from the minor to the major. Pics of the frame (with headset, stem, and bars) to follow soon, and pics of the complete build to follow when I get the $cratch up to build it properly.
-rob
ps-patxi, your nickel-plated frame looks incredibly good.

Rat Rod said:
If you ask me, that's better than some old $1000 KOS Kruiser F/F any day. :wink:
Agreed. Half the price, and at least twice as "new", while maintaining all the creamy old-school goodness.

Another thing I liked about Johnny's products is that he actually has packaging for everything and it was all packed very nicely.

I thought something was missing from my package too, but it was just buried in packaging material.

●●● TRUE TORCH 26" WEBCO PRO CRUISER ●●● FINISHED!!!!!

I have no update on mine. Was suppose to ship this past Monday or Tuesday but no word yet. I'm kinda bummed out as I wanted to start building it over the long weekend.

Yeah, I was a little disappointed with the wait time, as they'd originally said about 2 weeks, and it ended up being more than double that. But, the waiting was worth it.

Steve, quick question: what was the rear spacing on your pro frame? Mine was 120mm, which surprised me, as i was expecting 110mm....

Rat Rod said:
Would that be the measurement between the two rear drop outs?
Yeah. The parameter that (sort of) determines what the over-locknut dimension of your hub oughta be. I mocked it up with the 110mm hub i intend to use, and i think i can live with just "pinching" it, eg tightening the bolts to set it, rather than trying to respace the hub or the frame....

What'd you end up doing?
-rob

The wheel set that I had with a coaster brake hub seemed to fit right in without any issues.

I didn't notice having to stretch or pinch the rear of the frame to get things to fit.

Here's some low-quality pics of my frame, with the stem, bars, and headset installed.
232323232%7Ffp635%3C7%3Enu%3D8%3A%3A%3B%3E733%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B48352%3B434%3Anu0mrj

I ended up removing the panel stickers, as they were peeling off anyway, with grit stuck to the adhesive side where it peeled. I kinda like this partially clean look, but i may end up removing all the stickers save the one on the headtube. The fork is really nice. So solid.
232323232%7Ffp73436%3Enu%3D8%3A%3A%3B%3E733%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B48352%3B534%3Anu0mrj

Close-up of the parts installed. Everything fit nicely. So glad I finally found the appropriate home for my bmx-spec threaded king headset. :oops:
232323232%7Ffp63547%3Enu%3D8%3A%3A%3B%3E733%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B48352%3B334%3Anu0mrj

The rear end is definitely 120mm, and the track ends aren't parallel. They flair out as they approach the rear of the bike. Probably won't effect anything, but i thought it was weird. I was very pleased with how the bike was packed; the little cap for the seat-tube was a nice touch.

My pics look a bit ugly; I'm a terrible photographer. The flash has done strange things to the details. But, the candy-red finish is very nice. Overall, I am very impressed with what I got for my money.
-rob

Latest posts

Back