◘◘◘◘◘ \/\/estern ƒlyer Šuper ◘◘◘◘◘ first post-BO mod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ◘◘◘◘◘ \/\/estern ƒlyer Šuper ◘◘◘◘◘

this sort of shows the peakiness:

9184632802_9c736b212e_b.jpg

the guard is also double sided which is cool. It encases the chain.

I should acknowledge yeshoney for this score.

Looking good! :D

That's a cool seat, what brand is it? 8)

I think it's a Felt. I bought it from a member here. Same guy I bought the wheels from.

kingfish254 said:
That is a cool guard. Post a pic that shows off the peakiness of it.
Yes it is a cool guard. We have roadmaster with the same chain guard with an enclosed back. I still like the original look of this bike.

no photos to post... because it doesn't look much different than the mock-ups, but I just want to say that I'm more optimistic now about finishing on time because I have the entire back end of the bike buttoned down now. Just need to fix the front fork, find handlebars and retro fit the Mustang fog light with LEDs.

anyone know what cutting tool to use to cut the back of a glass sealed beam light bulb with? Someone had a thread about it once, but I can't find it. I assume I'll use a Dremel, but not sure what disc.

like the yellow rim! cool chain guard!!

Troy

^^thank you sir.

Rusty perforated tank plate...yes or no?

y9u8y2us.jpg

It does? Forget it, that's too much work.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Rusty perforated tank plate...yes or no?

y9u8y2us.jpg

I'd say encase the mesh in two pieces of yellow painted plexiglass (to compliment the yellow on the wheels) with a cutout in the center that matches the shape of the overall plate. Maybe some black bolts to hold it together to compliment the black spoke heads. Then maybe paint the mesh black too.

Something like this:

nice

Troy

Wow look at that. Now if I can just pull off something like it. Thanks for the suggestion.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Wow look at that. Now if I can just pull off something like it. Thanks for the suggestion.

No problem, I just kinda saw the colors used in the wheel and the mesh and it just came to me. Shouldn't be too difficult, few sheets of plexiglass, little paint, some black bolts, and a way to fasten it all to the frame.

You could even do it with some thin plywood. I'm not a big fan of clamps going around the frame for tanks. What I would suggest is cut your tank frame so that is it about 1/4 bigger than the tank hole of the bike frame. Then when you connect the two tank frame they will just clamp onto the frame. You would probably also want to chamfer the backside of the wood where is meets the bike frame.

Brian I'm typically not a fan of clamps holding tank plates either, but under the right circumstances they can be ok. My louver bikes are done in the manner you mentioned.

I decided not to finish the edges of the perforated metal. It's a rat after all. I used some leather pedal straps from my racing days in the early 80s, and I think I like it. There are two small screws through each strap holding the plate quite well.

It reminds me of hood straps on a vintage car:

ese5urur.jpg

I remember that wood tank. Nicest one ever. And someday I need to have exhaust pipes on a bike.

Latest posts

Back