★★★1941★★★FINISHED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the plans you shared with me on this. I always wondered what one of these would look like as a stretched out burrito with Beast tires!!!! :rockout:

I like your Muddy Fox banner....I have an early 90's mtb from them.

I had never heard of them until I found myself buying a bunch of stuff from on old bike shop that was a dealer. All I got was some stickers and the banner but I'm going back for the bike. It never sold new so it's ready to roll!

I like the plans you shared with me on this. I always wondered what one of these would look like as a stretched out burrito with Beast tires!!!! :rockout:

As much as I'd love to pretend those are actually my plans....I might need to tell everyone that those are definitely not my plans.

If I chopped this bike, an angry bike purist mob would form and probably burn me at the stake.

I had never heard of them until I found myself buying a bunch of stuff from on old bike shop that was a dealer. All I got was some stickers and the banner but I'm going back for the bike. It never sold new so it's ready to roll!
That would be cool to see another.
All the parts on my bike are branded MuddyFox. Headset, pedals,hubs,seat,handlebars.

As much as I'd love to pretend those are actually my plans....I might need to tell everyone that those are definitely not my plans.

If I chopped this bike, an angry bike purist mob would form and probably burn me at the stake.

And rightfully so. You have a wicked gem there and we know that you're gonna do it right.

Well like I shared with KF, the more I look at this bike the more I see the history and folkart appeal in that very old house paint job. It has the perfect patina and the small details and designs the painter put in it are just too cool.

I think I'm going to lightly sand it to get the flakes off then just clear it. It's just too cool to let go of. I can always make it bare metal in the future but that paint will only be there once.

my2y6eny.jpg

neqyzape.jpg

Way to go brudderman!!!!

Shew.....I have been thinking "Surely he will come to his senses...." :21:
Glad you did!
I have three words for you: Boiled Linseed Oil ;)

Goodness. Had no idea everyone like the house paint job!

@CeeBee text me the process for the linseed oil. What kind. Etc

Tyler, you can get it at most paint supply stores. Make sure it's boiled linseed oil or it will not dry. You just wipe it on in thin applications and buff it with a cloth. DO NOT PILE UP RAGS WITH THE OIL ON THEM! Lay them out to air dry or they will spontaneously combust!

I agree that boiled linseed oil is the way to go. I used it on Firewing last year after I cleaned up the frame. Easy to work with a great results at capturing and even enhancing that well earned patina.

Tyler, you can get it at most paint supply stores. Make sure it's boiled linseed oil or it will not dry. You just wipe it on in thin applications and buff it with a cloth. DO NOT PILE UP RAGS WITH THE OIL ON THEM! Lay them out to air dry or they will spontaneously combust!

I've used a similar mixture, Polyurethane/mineral spirits. I think I want to try the LO

Dumb question, does it need to be boiled or is that just what it's called?

That's actually what it is called, so no cooking involved.
It's also not a hard coat like poly or paint.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back