★★★Pre-Serial Hutch Pro Racer ★★★(UPDATE 5/7)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Hey fellas,

If you are already subscribed to this thread your maybe wondering what is going on. This thread was once my 1984 Futuristic black F&F project. That frame was traded for the frame you see below. This one is a Pre-serial Number(82-83) Hutch Pro Racer With the un-drilled fork. Its in worse shape than the 1984 but its a lot more valuable than the frame I traded. Right now the frame is at Ideal Coating in Garland, Texas getting the famous " Hutch Candy Red " powder coating job. Then It will come back to me...Updates soon!

2011-09-13_18-01-19_212.jpg

2011-09-13_18-01-29_335.jpg

2011-09-13_18-02-06_82.jpg

2011-09-13_18-01-55_985.jpg

2011-09-13_18-01-47_137.jpg

Re: Another Hutch Project

Bri-in-RI said:
Rat Rod said:
Clearly you have no mortgage to pay. :lol:

and no car payment...yet :lol:

My truck is payed for but I still have insurance every month :roll:

Re: Another Hutch Project

I'm gonna take a shot and say that the "1884" model is hard to find these days :lol:

Re: ★★★Pre-Serial Hutch Pro Racer ★★★

Very cool...you should be pleased with Jacob's work. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
Very cool...you should be pleased with Jacob's work. :wink:

I know i'm pleased with his prices. Beats everything around here by a long show.

Thats an easy grand plus the way it sits! Will You be building that fine beast? :mrgreen:

wheelymarko said:
Thats an easy grand plus the way it sits! Will You be building that fine beast? :mrgreen:

Yes, I have a set of Hutch aluminum flip flop hubs laced into Araya rims and they will go on the bike as soon as I get it. I have to go ahead and warn y'all. No parts with rust, pits or patina will make it on the bike. I'm looking for all NOS or RESTORED parts. So all you hard core rat rodders be ready :lol: Its gunna be a lot of chrome!

Never too much chrome man!!! Lookin foward to it.

Here are the wheels that are undergoing restoration right now. Lots of polishing on the hubs and the rims will be recromed :D

DSC07198.jpg

DSC07197.jpg

DSC07199.jpg

DSC07200.jpg

DSC07201.jpg

OMG! Sealed bearings, Sweet. Since I dont mess with with spokes, I use brake clean to get the gook out between the spokes and the hub. You make me want to bust out My skyway frame. :roll:

Hutch shows off their wide variety of frame colors in this magazine ad from the 80's

judgeyourhutch.jpg

As seen in mid air :eek:
Hutch84Proracer3.jpg

And now mine :D

P1241405.jpg

P1241406.jpg

P1241408.jpg

P1241411.jpg

:cool:

P1241414.jpg

2nd version Hutch aluminum hubs, all the same features as the other aluminum hubs but with an hour-glass shape shell and available in a rainbow of colors. I know they don't look like it but these hubs are a 3-piece design. The stickers around the center of the hub do a nice job of obscuring the seam between the flanges and the centers. Trust me...they can be pulled apart.

HutchMagTIHubFev85ad.jpg

BEFORE

DSC07197.jpg

DSC07199.jpg

AFTER

P1271424.jpg

Here is the cranks set that I had lying around the house that will make its way on the bike. These 3rd Gen Profiles are quite rare and expensive but luckily I snagged them off a bike I bought locally for a fraction of what they are worth. When I say fraction, I’m talking like 1/100 ;)

These cranks will undergo a small restoration before they make a spot on the bike but for now these are what I’m using. If I can sell these to buy a set of Hutch Aerospeeds, I will, but for now this is what we got!

ProfileNov84ad.jpg

P1301426.jpg

P1301427.jpg

P1301428.jpg

P1301429.jpg

Latest posts

Back